Andrea Pirlo (61 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Time to hang up the boots... in an MLS locker room. We could use him at DC United.

Too slow and gives the ball away too much nowadays.

If you had to blame a single player (not saying that you should), it would be Pirlo for that one of many giveaways.
Andy simply being the complete idiot that he is. Nothing new there.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Its not all his fault guys this game was different than any other this season it seemed like our players were afraid to take responsibility that many times he and Bonucci were left alone with the ball with no one to pass to... We lost this in our heads. I can agree that he was really slow and annoying yesterday, but lets get serious its not one mans fault that we loose.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It's Pirlo. He can do what the fuck he wants.
Sure sounds "funny" now :D

I've really been beating around the bush in the past but I just have to say it: Pirlo can't play against fast, athletic teams that pressure non-stop.

It would help if he had a bit more options when in possession but there's only so much he can do when his only speed is basically a jog.
Yup. He's just not able to speed things up when the situation calls for it.

Which means the coach needs to sub him out in those situations ...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
No bashing Pirlo for his probably one of the worst performances ever, but my only problem with him and it really bothers me is the amount of mistakes he does when he's almost the last standing player next to Bonucci and starts giving away sluggish passes instead of playing it more safe.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
he knows what he has done and he started by blaming himself first hand for his display. hopefully he will recover it next week and get back to his magic.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Pirlo: 'Not happy with my performance'
By Football Italia staff

Andrea Pirlo admits “I am the first to say I’m not satisfied with my performance” after Juventus lost 2-0 to Bayern Munich.

“Compliments to Bayern for showing their strength tonight, but there is also a second leg and we will prepare for that,” the midfielder told Sky Sport Italia.

“When you prepare for such an important game and you go behind after 30 seconds, it certainly influences your approach.

“However, throughout the 90 minutes Bayern showed their superiority. We hope to control the game in the second leg.”

The Bianconeri gave the ball away numerous times in the Champions League quarter-final, particularly with Pirlo in the final third.

“I am the first to say I’m not satisfied with my performance, as I made many mistakes in such an important match and it’s disappointing. We now have to analyse why we had so many misplaced passes.

“Clearly we need something more in the second leg, as what we did tonight was not enough.”

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
-He is playing non-stop.

-We are way too over-reliant on him.If he performs poorly,whole team's performance drops.

-You guys are expecting way too much from him.He is no spring chicken.He'll be 35 in a year's time.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Always struggle against teams that presses hard, we covered this so many times before, don't expect it to change, teams that are well prepared will always gives us troubles. When Pirlo is locked up, we look cluless especially with our WC forward line.
Should've went with the 4-3-3 in these situations, gives us more options.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Missed out on Veratti badly.

I wonder what alternatives the board are thinking about right now.(for next season).I really dont think Pirlo can play so many games next season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Always struggle against teams that presses hard, we covered this so many times before, don't expect it to change, teams that are well prepared will always gives us troubles. When Pirlo is locked up, we look cluless especially with our WC forward line.
Should've went with the 4-3-3 in these situations, gives us more options.
The idea when that happens is that he gets the ball to Marchisio quicker, or drops it off to Bonucci. As both were useless with the ball it ended up with him forcing difficult passes.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Wow, some of the overreactions on here are unbelievable. Andrea is still king, just the idiot players (specifically in defence) who go, 'hey man it looks like Andrea is being really pressed and marked in this game, I have a genius idea, let's try and pass the ball to him'

It still was possible to pass the ball to him but not as our first pass straight out of defence, we needed to make them run to other areas allowing Andrea room to breathe before we passed the ball on to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)