Andrea Pirlo (19 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
I agree. Also, play a little bit upper on the field could have helped, he always had the ball in our half and seemed pressed and without any options, but when we managed to give him the ball in Bayern's half he seemed, somehow, a little more free. And, Marchisio could have helped him more today, doing something like he did on the very last part of this game, go forward and take the ball on his feet and allow the team to step on a higher position, or well do what he did against Inter, take the ball almost on Pirlo's position and help him distribute the ball. But no, he just standed there doing 'nothing' most of the time.

Andrea is my sister's name. I always call her Pirlo because of that :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Should've not been the reference point against a team that plays the way Bayern do. Working atop the defense is only going to mean disaster infront and behind if he is shut down the way he was last night.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
There was no room for him to play his game last night. And he plays too deep to have continued to be our reference point last night. I think Pogba playing behind a striker would've been a wise move, if Vucinic wasn't available from the get go. Marchisio being absent didn't help at all. It meant he was doing even more of the work than he was supposed to, against a team that left no margin for error.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
But why do you think that is?? Because of their relentless pressing. And when a team presses the way Bayern did last night, you're going to get destroyed in the centre if the man running your game sits so deep.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
But why do you think that is?? Because of their relentless pressing. And when a team presses the way Bayern did last night, you're going to get destroyed in the centre if the man running your game sits so deep.
No, he had plenty of opportunities to make passes to open players. He had plenty of opportunities to play one touch - as he usually does to some critical acclaim. He was just dreadful last night.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm not denying he didn't show up. All I'm saying is, it was a risky tactic seeing how we normally adapt our game to our opponentsl in this case, we didn't, and Conte remained stubborn till we lost the game and the tie. Pirlo was nt getting any help from Marchisio and we needed to stack the mid up further by taking off an attacker or replacing Marchisio, in both cases introducing Pogba, but we waited till it was too late.

May 22, 2007
Their pressing wasn't 'relentless', it was fairly simple for them to gather round the defenders and wait for the inevitable turnover, Pirlo wasn't the only bad performer last night.

Difficult to go beyond this point in the discussion without actually providing evidence, and I'm not in the mood, but I can recall struggling to work out who he was trying to pass to at times in the second half.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
this sums up his performance:

1st half around 5-6th minute. he sends a long cross to peluso that's was impossible to for peluso to reach and ends up a goal kick.

There was no pressure eon him from any bayern player when he made the cross.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Their pressing wasn't 'relentless', it was fairly simple for them to gather round the defenders and wait for the inevitable turnover, Pirlo wasn't the only bad performer last night.

Difficult to go beyond this point in the discussion without actually providing evidence, and I'm not in the mood, but I can recall struggling to work out who he was trying to pass to at times in the second half.
He wasn't the only bad performer, but by far one of the worst...whether for lack of application, fatigue, people gathering around him or not being up for the occasion. Certainly his worst night in a Juve jersey.

Jul 10, 2006
The guy had a bad night against one of the top clubs in Europe in their stadium. It's not the end of the world. Just about everyone on the team had a bad night.

Really, we did well not to lose 4-0, considering how we were getting sliced open so much.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
Wasn't that bad considering the surroundings.
These were worse -
Buffon
Quacktri
Marchisio
Peluso (for a WB)

And I remember him placing 2 perfect crosses on Bonucci's head who missed the goals.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
If players like Zidane could create something in even the most hostile enviroments... then Pirlo should be able to....anywhere and whenever.

He is not Zidane, but he is just close to that level of epicness if we take in consideration how much he has achieved.

A player like him should have a minimum of obligatory performance level... given his experience, talent and quality.

I expect no less from him.

That being said, i have to admit that the game was wrong for all reasons possible, that Conte coudnt do a thing, and that Pirlo is veing overused at his age for no reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)