Andrea Pirlo (38 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I really think he fulfilled his cycle with us.

Keeping him for nostaliga and shids will only hurt our midfield.

If he wasnt to stay and be Marchisio´s bench, then fine---- but in no way we should be starting crunch CL with a 37 years old midfielder.... it doesnt matter if he is Pirlo.

No, fuking, way.
:agree:

But I'd like to keep him. For certain games his calm and poise would be fantastic. And with using him more as a rotational option, impact sub, he would be kept fresh, which would probably be a major positive for his form also.

I could see him being a fantastic player to bring on late in games when we have the lead. If we're defending a 1 goal lead, his long balls would be fantastic to Tevez/Dybala and Morata on the counter.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
:agree:

But I'd like to keep him. For certain games his calm and poise would be fantastic. And with using him more as a rotational option, impact sub, he would be kept fresh, which would probably be a major positive for his form also.

I could see him being a fantastic player to bring on late in games when we have the lead. If we're defending a 1 goal lead, his long balls would be fantastic to Tevez/Dybala and Morata on the counter.
This.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you re all delusional.

this guy is past it. in all competitions.

calm and experience mean nothing when u ball watch every single time. or when u send balls staright to opponent feet.

let it go

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i disgareee about him not being a legend. to me he is.

but there is a time to let players go. xavi, gerrard, lampard. these are players who all had their glory days. but they are not up to required level anymore.

Aug 1, 2003
first of all admittedly he hasn't been a great performer but honestly some people make out his 'underperformance' a lot worse than it is- more often than not, whether we like it or not the goals materialised from his contribution one way or another, even if it's the only good thing he's done in a match, and it matters. i.e. vs real madrid and that epic 2nd/ET vs lazio.

Today pirlo was largely underwhelming, and I think overall Juve struggled against Barca, although we put up a very good fight. But I am not angry, upset or even calling for his head. He will always be one of the greats, and I just feel really sorry for him, and sad, at the prospect that this footballing genius may call it quits any day. It will be a great loss to football.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Sorry sally but i prefer consistency, and Marchisio brings that in spades,

We need a solid foundation in midfield to be able to have more security going upfront. I just dont liek to be playing all or nothing with Pirlo.

Aug 1, 2003
Sorry sally but i prefer consistency, and Marchisio brings that in spades,

We need a solid foundation in midfield to be able to have more security going upfront. I just dont liek to be playing all or nothing with Pirlo.
I don't deny that after this the team probably might need to be built without him. He can no longer sustain the levels he used to, and who can blame him given his age. I guess we can wonder what it would be like if Pirlo didn't start tonight but truth is I am not so sure if we would've fared any better, as I personally did not think he was the worst out there (maybe I am biased :D ).

The post is more of me being really sad / sorry to see the day he goes. Football and its style of play is changing, I will miss his genius on the pitch.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
so we are supposed to keep him because he may or may not have a good match once every 35 games?

c'mon. u know u have weak excuses for defending a player when u think a decent performance in an etra time time vs a tired lazio, his first decent performance in months, is reason enough to keep him

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
so we are supposed to keep him because he may or may not have a good match once every 35 games?

c'mon. u know u have weak excuses for defending a player when u think a decent performance in an etra time time vs a tired lazio, his first decent performance in months, is reason enough to keep him
Pirlo was good for all season, wtf r u talking about, ratface

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Im with Lion on this one. He was very average this season. And bad in the last crunch matches bar some periods in the 2nd half when he awakened.

But like i was saying to sally.. is just not worth the risk anymore. I prefer playing it compact, and support a very powerful attacking force.

Vidal, Cheesio and Pogba have more than enought to be able to do good passes and keep it tight. Now we need to focus on creating an even more lethal attack.

We need to make enemies piss their pants and make them think twice in compromising going forward. With Pirlo..we get pressed too easy

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
He was poor this season. Should have been benched, but this was beaten to death and now it doesn't really matter anymore.

Hopefully he will follow his career at the US having fun. It's time to make Marchisio our full DM starter.

And we should be very thankful for everything Pirlo gave us. He was the turning point, IMO, along with the Stadium and Conte. He gave the team 2 wonderful seasons, brought confidence back to the club. 3rd season was OK, 4th season poor. But he became a legend for Juve and should be respected.

And now it's time to move along, for both parties. Good luck to him.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Never again.
I want him gone. I don't want to see him here next year. Thank you for everything, but your time has come.
Shouldn't have been anywhere the pitch today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)