Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (92 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
In a phone call between Andrea Agnelli and Luca Percassi, CEO of Atalanta. The ex president of Juventus:

"On a few elements that we have I have to remain firm, because we have the CONSOB, GdF and whatever else monitoring what we have been doing for the last two years."

"I would like to close this thing here and go back to tidying up, taking into consideration the various situations"

Right after, the CEO of the bergamaschi referred to an existing letter on the Cristian Romero deal:

"I could never show this letter publicly, if we go on trial and this letter comes out it will show that I made a false reporting on the balance sheet."

GDS

By now I’m not mad because of the things Agnelli and co made… I’m mad because how dumb can you be to actually say these things over phone!!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
In a phone call between Andrea Agnelli and Luca Percassi, CEO of Atalanta. The ex president of Juventus:

"On a few elements that we have I have to remain firm, because we have the CONSOB, GdF and whatever else monitoring what we have been doing for the last two years."

"I would like to close this thing here and go back to tidying up, taking into consideration the various situations"

Right after, the CEO of the bergamaschi referred to an existing letter on the Cristian Romero deal:

"I could never show this letter publicly, if we go on trial and this letter comes out it will show that I made a false reporting on the balance sheet."

GDS

By now I’m not mad because of the things Agnelli and co made… I’m mad because how dumb can you be to actually say these things over phone!!
these are honest people, they just can't help themselves

btw that's fun either. agnelli and leaders of different clubs held a private meeting at agnelli's mother's house. gravina was present too.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
these are honest people, they just can't help themselves
One things is been "honest" another completly diferent is been a stupid moron... and Agnelli wasnt the only one, all of them.

The only thing missing was that they actually said hello to the poeple that were recording them:

"Well thats it boys, Im done for tonigth, these is Agnelli president of Juventus accepting fraud saying goodbye, take care!... oh and btw, tomorrow I will make some mor calls admiting more crimes arround 2 pm, hope works for you"

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Compilation toast. I've been critical and wasn't wrong. The events this week confirm pretty much everything. Sad.

Wait

so he’s been focusing on poorly planning a break off league of invite only clubs? He’s trying to operate like Jack Dorsey and it’s proven that it doesn’t work

And if he hasn’t been focusing on Juventus then is that the reason and confirmation we needed that Nedved and Tici have been steering the ship in the wrong direction which has us where we are today?
Even the sheer idea about nuking your entire management team screams how fvcked up things must be
The project is a success
As a shareholder I do care whether executives are upholding their fiduciary duties on my behalf
True but it certainly doesn’t help building on continued success when the president fires Marotta and beefs with everyone from club legends, coaches, fans, officials, etc.

Maintaining success can be relatively easy with discipline and planning. Both of which this club fail at for 5 years now. That falls squarely at the feet of Agnelli.
The idea that this monobrowed arrogant son of a billionaire is trying to brand his family’s legacy to zillenials doesn’t compute. That equation is extremely unbalanced. Neither he nor his boomer marketing/PR folks have a clue what they’re doing. Especially when it comes to the North American market and audience.
Different times, circumstances, and stakes

One would be highly delusional if they don’t believe Agnelli should be accountable for the state of the club. Success and failure both fall at the feet of the head of the club.
I’m appreciative of the success he restored(with conte Beppe Tici) etc

But he needs to move on
What a waste of a season

He’s brought failure to this club after dismantling every component that helped him rebuild success.

If we don’t dominate Italy next season then big John should replace him.
What I find most perplexing is silence from normal boisterous Tuz posters about Agnelli

Quick to credit Agnelli for all 9 scudetti.

Fail to acknowledge that he dismantled the staff that built the dynasty

Blame coach, players, med staff, management for current state but do not hold Agnelli accountable at all for the decline and current state. Despite him being in charge and having the final say over everything. He wants only Italian coaches. He approves/denies every player deal( good or bad).

11 years in charge and our youth system is garbage. Zero development and output. Our scouting went from finding low cap gems to overpaying on known players.

He sets the priorities for the entire club. Including off the field.

but let’s continue to blame Allegri, the med staff, Cherubini, etc. everyone else except the guy that runs it all.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll hang up and listen for the response trying to explain that he’s not culpable. Or that he did a great job clearing out dead weight and signing Susan
The son and heir of a billionaire tycoon. Inherited his family’s wealth, and legacy.

- - - Updated - - -

https://quotlr.com/archive/quote/174218
Sorry but I disagree.

If you credit Agnelli for the 9-years of success then he has to be responsible for the downfall and current state.

He hires his people, coaches, management team, etc.

He signs all the checks

He signs off on the marketing and commercial partnerships

He raises ticket prices

Simple but crucial things like seriously committing $ and hiring qualified resources to scout youth and develop them is nothing but a human trafficking venture which they care more about rebranding than actually developing future first teamers.

I thank him and everyone that had a hand in the historic run. But it’s over now. If EXOR is a massive Corp then It should behave like one and treat Jj like another entity it holds. Football runs on money now. If jj want to be mentioned in the same sentence as Madrid, Barca, Bayern, etc then it needs serious financial backing and to be run properly. Not like a family heirloom.
Once again folks here bring up Marotta, Tici, CR7 and even the Jews :lol:

Jj fans turning a blind eye to the source. Just like the board :disagree:
It all begins with ownership. Ownership sets the goals (mostly financial), hire the decision-makers and people in charge. They then execute the priorities which map the the financial goals and those priorities are heavily biased. Rinse and repeat every year.

either ownership actually purges the existing people in charge (Agnelli, etc. ) and install professionals to rehab the club. Or sink further into debt that they have zero choice but to sell and repay shareholders.

Or the they sell sooner before the debt is so large so they can get some value.
He’s the reason why the finances are so bad. If that doesn’t justify firing him then what does?
I wonder who is responsible for all this…
No executive can outlast half a decade of absolute destructive regression. But somehow this moron has soaked up the credit earned by same the experts he forced out which has allowed him to retain his role.

Club legacy via the brand has been destroyed. And I was one who supported it when it happened.

Core ticket buyers priced out killing retention. It’s a one and done affair for tourists.

zero planning, strategy in squad building

Financial ruin.

Stadium atmosphere is awful. And I watch it on tv from a different hemisphere.

Cringe, disappointing and broke is what agnelli has turned JJ into
His resume speaks for itself. It’s littered with names but minimal successes. His “expertise” is marketing but as you can see the JJ brand is cringe. Ask any CEO, marketing is the black hole for corporate balance sheet as it’s impossible to measure ROI on marketing and advertising. Trust me, I’ve worked 15 years in marketing trying to answer that question for the worlds largest brands. He’s another billionaire heir who has been given hand wrapped opportunities. Doesn’t matter if he fvcks them all up. JJ is just another one on the list.

welp
After several Monte Carlo simulations and game theory I’ve come to the conclusion that only 1-2 things need to happen to possibly prompt trigger the complete turnover of the current board and management.

Still, no guarantees about anything.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
pls move marotta too chief
Marotta and Conte both will always be seen as legends by the club itself. It’s really too bad they both went to Inter. Conte, especially, should have known better seeing as he played on Juve sides that Inter accused over and over of cheating and bribing refs. But the man is a self-centred, egotistical cunt and chose to go coach a team that attempted to destroy Juve. Still a Juve legend, the twat.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
he was all but fired, and never said a bad word about juventus since leaving

- - - Updated - - -

Marotta and Conte both will always be seen as legends by the club itself. It’s really too bad they both went to Inter. Conte, especially, should have known better seeing as he played on Juve sides that Inter accused over and over of cheating and bribing refs. But the man is a self-centred, egotistical cunt and chose to go coach a team that attempted to destroy Juve. Still a Juve legend, the twat.
conte did a near perfect job as a player and as a coach. the issue with him is that he often talked shit about juventus, and that middle finger...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Conte forgets all about whatever other club he might have worked for as a player or coach when he is somewhere else. The man exists only in the present. Definitely one of football's best coaches though.

Aug 2, 2005
Some people here just want to see this club burn. Very strange. There is always something, its not restricted to a coach or management. They will mock the players, style of play, the culture, the owners, the fact that the club is Italian. The latter few really cant digest. Makes you wonder how they became fans in the first place. The content of their posts is the same throughout the years, even during 9 scudetto winning streak, 2 CL finals.
You forgot 3-0 vs. barca

While Calciopoli was a joke.. mainly an act of revenge after the real Agnellis passed away... this one is pure stupidity..... I wonder how other clubs manage their books.....
The salaries issue seems bullshit also... esp since we are not saying we did not pay.. we paid 3 month of 20" in 21"

Note: I just have to say how very often you and Post Ironic almost post at the same time and quote each other with the same views.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)