Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (39 Viewers)

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
IDC anymore to be honest, this team reached its limit monetary wise in italy, and even when we are having an off season, its been 9 long years of juve trying to raise the value of theitalian league, just to see the other dinosaur chairmans of italy to try to deny and block all kind ofmodern ideas just because they cant let juve win and evolve the league.

We are bored to dead of serie A ain its current format anyways. Times are changing so lets see what this Super League brings
But i do. I care about the sporting aspect of the game more, than maximizing profits of this or any other club... I understand it would be fantastic to show the middle finger to FIGC and UEFA. It sure would be sweet. But then what? Watching this team who don't give a shit play the same teams who also don't give a shit every season in the meaningless games with the stadium full the people who don't give a shit. Thats what all the celebrations are about?

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
But i do. I care about the sporting aspect of the game more, than maximizing profits of this or any other club... I understand it would be fantastic to show the middle finger to FIGC and UEFA. It sure would be sweet. But then what? Watching this team who don't give a shit play the same teams who also don't give a shit every season in the meaningless games with the stadium full the people who don't give a shit. Thats what all the celebrations are about?
Why ppl assume this games will be meaningless? TSL triumphant will be even more recognized than CL winner, it will be the biggest trophy in the club competition. Pretty sure they will also stick to offensive football. Ppl have to realise that currently football is on the verge of the huge crysis, the new generations are not interested in football and in few years CL might be as popular as volleyball and the risk here is real, something had to change, if the TSL is the best way? no idea.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
All the other leagues domestically have become stale. I see why a change is needed. Not saying I’m a fan of this. People banging on about it’s all about the money and will ruin football. Sorry but that already started years ago. Gary Neville moaning yesterday yet working for Sky who have been screwing us for years.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
All the other leagues domestically have become stale. I see why a change is needed. Not saying I’m a fan of this. People banging on about it’s all about the money and will ruin football. Sorry but that already started years ago. Gary Neville moaning yesterday yet working for Sky who have been screwing us for years.
exactly its bullshit because football is all about money already for more than 10 years, but now the huge pie of the cake is taken by UEFA, which is not really doing much to improve. TSL might be the only possibility to survive for some of the big clubs in current situation.

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
This would get stale real soon. When you get Real - Juve and Barca - City games every week the charm goes away.

The fact that you get the juggernauts fighting each other a couple of times a year (in the final CL rounds) it’s what makes it special. Christmas every day is no fun.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
This would get stale real soon. When you get Real - Juve and Barca - City games every week the charm goes away.

The fact that you get the juggernauts fighting each other a couple of times a year (in the final CL rounds) it’s what makes it special. Christmas every day is no fun.
a bit like nba right? playing the best of 5 or 7 matches to decide the winner?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Precisely. Everyone are being massive hypocrites in this situation.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
Why ppl assume this games will be meaningless? TSL triumphant will be even more recognized than CL winner, it will be the biggest trophy in the club competition. Pretty sure they will also stick to offensive football. Ppl have to realise that currently football is on the verge of the huge crysis, the new generations are not interested in football and in few years CL might be as popular as volleyball and the risk here is real, something had to change, if the TSL is the best way? no idea.
This remains to be seen. Italian super cup should be meaningful trophy in theory, but it isn't. Same for european super cup or club world cup. In theory players should care about Europa league, yet most doesn't

Not all of the games will be meaningless, but a lot of them will. Players won't give a shit if they are not in the race for the title. Maybe even if they are. This is a made up competition instead of legendary Champions League. A lot of them might be frightened by FIFA's claims. Also players know that clubs will receive a lot more money and they will demand their share, maybe we will be able to replicate another great american sporting tradition- lockout. What a fun that would be!
Clubs won't give a shit since they are immovable. They will receive their piece of the pie no matter what, since they are the founders. So they wanted money, they got money. Who gives a shit about sporting achievements? Or indeed about the sporting ideals.
And i said people in the stadium won't care and i was careful to phrase it that way. Ticket to the UCL match in Juventus Stadium was what? 250euros? I suppose they will jack up the price even more, to like 300-500euros. So the stadium will be full of people who have money, not full of football fans. Not sure if that matters, since this club screwed over its fans and took their money for the games that was played in empty stadiums. I don't know how many of them would buy the ticket ever again... And this season is perfect to illustrate what football is without fans in the stadium...

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
This remains to be seen. Italian super cup should be meaningful trophy in theory, but it isn't. Same for european super cup or club world cup. In theory players should care about Europa league, yet most doesn't

Not all of the games will be meaningless, but a lot of them will. Players won't give a shit if they are not in the race for the title. Maybe even if they are. This is a made up competition instead of legendary Champions League. A lot of them might be frightened by FIFA's claims. Also players know that clubs will receive a lot more money and they will demand their share, maybe we will be able to replicate another great american sporting tradition- lockout. What a fun that would be!
Clubs won't give a shit since they are immovable. They will receive their piece of the pie no matter what, since they are the founders. So they wanted money, they got money. Who gives a shit about sporting achievements? Or indeed about the sporting ideals.
And i said people in the stadium won't care and i was careful to phrase it that way. Ticket to the UCL match in Juventus Stadium was what? 250euros? I suppose they will jack up the price even more, to like 300-500euros. So the stadium will be full of people who have money, not full of football fans. Not sure if that matters, since this club screwed over its fans and took their money for the games that was played in empty stadiums. I don't know how many of them would buy the ticket ever again... And this season is perfect to illustrate what football is without fans in the stadium...
They will be when they are payed by FIFA or UEFA, until then I doubt they care.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

As if they didn't discuss or know what would say UEFA and Fifa...
Facts are... they're cash cows. They know sponsor pay to see them not make UEFA happy.
So if 95% of the top dogs leave I'd like to see if sponsors still gonna give their billions to UEFA to see smaller and non profitable teams.
Money rules and so the top dogs will win it.

UEFA,FIFA and national leagues are calling a bluff to see if someone get scared.
If they don't (I doubt they would came out like that) national leagues and Fifa will have to accept or see them destroyed.
For what? to have UEFA keep getting their shares and have small teams get a piece of the cake?

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
As if they didn't discuss or know what would say UEFA and Fifa...
Facts are... they're cash cows. They know sponsor pay to see them not make UEFA happy.
So if 95% of the top dogs leave I'd like to see if sponsors still gonna give their billions to UEFA to see smaller and non profitable teams.
Money rules and so the top dogs will win it.

UEFA,FIFA and national leagues are calling a bluff to see if someone get scared.
If they don't (I doubt they would came out like that) national leagues and Fifa will have to accept or see them destroyed.
For what? to have UEFA keep getting their shares and have small teams get a piece of the cake?
Non-profitable teams? You mean like those losing 100m+?

Strickland

May 17, 2019
It may make it less special (but playoffs is playoffs either way), but it's still a lot more fun than the average CL group stage game.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Its a battle between and love and wealth Us fans, regular folks, just wanna watch our beloved clubs play and do well and fight for trophies. On the other hand, you have the owners who have to run these multi bilion dollar business in order to be able to buy players, stay competitive and keep both the fans and the shareholders happy. Balance is hard to find, but its just like that, bottom line is a football club is a business and you have to have profits in sight otherwise your business will fail. The biggest problem, for me, is not that the clubs are after profits, its comoletely fine that they are doing it, but the biggest problem is that players have become greedy as fuck and they ask for more and more money, astronomical figures and most of the times they dont even deserve it. We will see.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Non-profitable teams? You mean like those losing 100m+?
nope but I guess the top dogs owner want something like Nba where none lose money but they earn them.
Instead euro football has always been a toy in billionairs hands to play with. So even losses weren't something many gave a fuck about before Financial Fair Play.

What I meant was.... why Milan in and not a team like Ajax? both have a history in the game. Huge part.
What's the difference that makes nowdays Milan profitable for a Super League compared to Ajax?
The global fan base. Milan has over 100m of global fans what about Ajax?
When you wanna sell tv rights all over the world that matters a lot. There the "marketable" term I used.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Meritocracy? :)
Remember the 2 year ban Man City was supposed to incur. UEFA meritocracy at play right there. Meanwhile Milan and Roma were scrambling to sell indispensable players to being allowed to play in their greedy and unfair competition.
Milan actually got banned 1 year of I remember correctly.
Sure there's corruption and rich teams get their way like in your example, but you can't ever cheat the pitch. If you lose and play like shit you miss out on CL, tough luck. If you play well throughout the season you get CL. It's a pure meritocracy like that, no matter how much money you throw on the pitch. This is the last bit of it that the stinking rich are taking away from us and you are cheering for it.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Sure there's corruption and rich teams get their way like in your example, but you can't ever cheat the pitch. If you lose and play like shit you miss out on CL, tough luck. If you play well throughout the season you get CL. It's a pure meritocracy like that, no matter how much money you throw on the pitch. This is the last bit of it that the stinking rich are taking away from us and you are cheering for it.
Maybe you like us playing in backwards stadiums with a hostile FIGC trying to screw us every step of the way, but I don't. I don't care about playing Benevento, Chievo, Cagliari and the rest.
If you want to be the best you have to play the best consistently, and win against them.
Also where is the fairness in these games. Is it fair for Juve to play a total of maximum 55 to 60 matches every year against a team like Cagliari who plays only 38 or 39?
Is it fair far the team to travel Sankt Petersburg during the week and next play Palermo in Sicilia in the span of 3 days?
Is it fair for clubs like Lazio and Napoli to constantly bash the biggest club in Italy every week, the reason they even get the numbers in the TV deal, for that matter, to after go apeshit when the said club decides that it doesn't care about them anymore. Maybe they should have watched their mouth when they had the chance.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)