Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (25 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
The Burger King sponsor on Palermo's kits looks really ugly, that must have harmed their shirt sales.

I suppose it'll please those that hated seeing Udinese play in black and white in Juventus Stadium.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I do think we should have done better though. At 11.66m a year, it's less than a million more than we are earning now. We made those deals when we were enduring our worst season in ages (we eventually ended up 7th). Now that we are in the CL, we should have had a considerable increase in revenue. Not to mention that the whole environment surrounding our club is much better with the new stadium and all. It's probably Elkann trying to use Juventus to make his other business grow in a mutually favorable way.

---------- Post added 06.04.2012 at 14:38 ----------

Balocco out - should make you feel better. That was like a local bakery shop with an awful logo. And no more away jersies at Juventus Stadium.
No way. The biscuit company's logo is much better than the BetClic stickers they have on the home jersey. At least the red on integrates well with the shirt.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
The Burger King sponsor on Palermo's kits looks really ugly, that must have harmed their shirt sales.
precious Miccoli looks absolutely adoring in those kits. :D

I suppose it'll please those that hated seeing Udinese play in black and white in Juventus Stadium.
Here is one pleased fan. It really irked me to see us not using black & white at home.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
As someone said, the Jeep is simple and remindes me of SONY.. Now I just hope they do something to the shirt without having a square and the JEEP in it.. It must somehow fade in the shirtcolors.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I do think we should have done better though. At 11.66m a year, it's less than a million more than we are earning now. We made those deals when we were enduring our worst season in ages (we eventually ended up 7th). Now that we are in the CL, we should have had a considerable increase in revenue. Not to mention that the whole environment surrounding our club is much better with the new stadium and all. It's probably Elkann trying to use Juventus to make his other business grow in a mutually favorable way.

No way. The biscuit company's logo is much better than the BetClic stickers they have on the home jersey. At least the red on integrates well with the shirt.
they are paying more overall though, having different sponsors for home/away is kinda meh, IMO.

and don't forget the Jeeps!

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
That's all there is to it.

Of course we could have gotten more, if we went with another betting company or some Arab money. Makes our intentions pretty clear as well if you ask me. I like it a lot, personally.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
they are paying more overall though, having different sponsors for home/away is kinda meh, IMO.

and don't forget the Jeeps!
Less than 3 million more overall? That's really not much. Even though I do agree that having different sponsors on home and away shirt is kinda shit. Jeeps? Who the fuck drives American cars anyways? :D

I kid though. Jeep Wrangler :heart:

Mar 30, 2006

Juventus probably could have got more but by getting Jeep as a sponsor it is mutually beneficial. Juventus get money and Jeep get exposure by being attached to one of the biggest sports franchises in Europe.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Do the likes of Alitalia and Goodyear pay contributions as official partners? Seeing as how their slogans are shown on the electronic sideboards and elsewhere in the stadium I would presume they do right? Well if this is the case, we have quite a lot of these partners as can be seen on the official website, which means the shirt sponsor isn't the be all and end all. http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/club/partner/partner+

Also, car sponsorships for jerseys tend to look better then financial institutions or betting websites imo. The fact that they're using an emblem that is synonymous with their brand as opposed to simple text like 'Standard Chartered' or 'bwin', is much more solid

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
That's all there is to it.

Of course we could have gotten more, if we went with another betting company or some Arab money. Makes our intentions pretty clear as well if you ask me. I like it a lot, personally.
I'm not really against it. I'm happy that Elkann is taking interest in our club, especially since we don't really have a money man like the frenchman at the club anymore. Elkann knows his shit. FIAT, afaik, is doing very well in these tough times.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
For me the endless Balocco was just too much to take in.

icemaη

Aug 27, 2008
Do the likes of Alitalia and Goodyear pay contributions as official partners? Seeing as how their slogans are shown on the electronic sideboards and elsewhere in the stadium I would presume they do right? Well if this is the case, we have quite a lot of these partners as can be seen on the official website, which means the shirt sponsor isn't the be all and end all. http://www.juventus.com/juve/en/club/partner/partner+
Yup, they do pay money as official partners. Why otherwise would we have them? :D

---------- Post added 06.04.2012 at 14:47 ----------

For me the endless Balocco was just too much to take in.
True that. Playing at home in our away shirts is sickening.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I'm not really against it. I'm happy that Elkann is taking interest in our club, especially since we don't really have a money man like the frenchman at the club anymore. Elkann knows his shit. FIAT, afaik, is doing very well in these tough times.
I especially like how this, once again, confirms (or even amplifies) our Italian/Turin roots.* Which is refreshing in today's football environment, with takeovers, shady investments, etc. I applaud that we're not going on that path. Or not yet.

* Ironic huh? Seeing how Jeep was acquired to begin with :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)