Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (125 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
juve will be here even when all the other clubs owned by hedge funds, countries or sheiks will be gone. we'll have darker periods, as we always had, but this club will survive everything until the agnellis own it. the family ownership makes this club special.
It's in our anthem too: Juve per sempre sarà ;)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Okay I will make a similar one of Juve starting from 2012 when we started dominating the league:

2012: Asamoah and Isla from Udinese considered big talents of the league. Giovinco from agreement with Parma, most promising player of the league. Lucio from direct rivals Inter on a free. Didn't really dominate the league yet.

2013: Ogbonna from direct city rivals Torino (at the time considerd one of Italys best young CBs), also plenty of shady dealings between Sassuolo with Berardi, Zaza, Peluso and co. Starting time of our B-team Sass.

2014: Only small dealings from smaller teams like Rugani (most promising CB in the league), Sturaro, Marrone, Pereyra loan with option, Romulo loan with option etc. this season.

2015: Dybala (biggest star in the league), Pjanic was the biggest star in Roma. Zaza was signed due to our easy access to Sassuolo. Also Pereyra from Udinese and Hernanes bought from our direct league rivals Inter to help with injuries. Milan loans us Matri in our injury crisis to help win the Coppa for us lmao.

2016: Biggest star in the league Higuain bought from biggest league rival Napoli. Also less significantly Rincon, but also Caldara who was one of the most promising CBs in the league from already well performing Atalanta.

2017: Biggest talent from our most historic rivals Bernardeschi (back then considered as one of the best Italian players in the league), De Sciglio from historic rivals Milan.

2018: Bonucci bought back from Europa league Milan, Perin (best Italian GK in the league after Dollarumma) bought for under market value from Genoa, Caceres loaned from league rivals Lazio to help with injuries. Cancelo came from Inter but they didn't excercise the buy option from Valencia so doesn't really count.

2019: Pellegrini acquired from direct league rivals Roma. Romero bought for way over market price in exchange for shady dealings between several players with Genoa while Sturaro sold the for way over market value due to agreements between Genoa. Demiral acquired for under market value due to agreements between Sassuolo.

2020: Chiesa (one of the most exciting talents in the league) from the most important player of our most historic rivals Fiorentina, Kulusevski (one of the most promising players in the league) from 3rd place Atalanta, Rovella (one of the most promising young mids in Serie A) acquired by paying fee instead of getting on a free due to agreements with Genoa.

I think the talent pool in Serie A has been so bad that we've got a large chunk of our key players abroad, but every single time an exciting player comes around in Serie A he's been ours if we've wanted to. Gabbiadini, Immobile, Berardi, Orsolini and co. have all gone through some kinds of dealings with us over the years even if they never won a spot with us. We kept so many teams on our leashes over the years; now it's Genoa (Pjaca, Sturaro, Portanova, Pellegrini, Perin while we get dibs on Rovella, Romero maybe Scamacca etc.), before it was Sassuolo (Zaza, Peluso, Lirola, Berardi, Marrone, Demiral). To some extent also Udinese and Atalanta had some kinds of dealings with us where we get their creme de la creme and they accept our shit. Teams like Milan and Inter have not had players that we've wanted over the years tbh, but when teams like Roma and Fiorentina do, they act all fussy in the media yet just end up selling cause their finances urge it.
Milan, inter, Roma, Napoli, Lazio, im taking about snatching key players from biggest rivals. We got Pirlo when Milan didnt want him, we got Pjanic and Higuain by paying his release clause. We got Licht with one year left on his contract from Lazio. And if you want to add Fiorentina, we got Chiesa and Berna, but we paid 100M for the pair. You need to understand the difference between a key player/player you want to keep and a redundant one. I mean, if we got Gagliardini from inter for some 25M, would you say look, we can raid our rivals as well or youd be calling for Paraticis head. There is levels to this. Now again:

Leverkusen, CL and BL runner up, one of the top clubs jn the country for years: Lucio, Ballack, Ze Roberto all go to Bayern. Can you see us getting Nesta, Seedorf, Serginho for example from that Milan? FOR LESS THAN 30M COMBINED? Or any of the italian top clubs at that time. Or someone in england or spain doing the same? Next
Bremen, double winners in 2004 and a top german club at that time, regularly finishing in CL places. Within a few years they lose Ismael, Borowski and Klose to Bayern, for less than 25M! COMBINED.
Dortmund their apparently biggest rival, Gotze, Lewa, Hummels. Now their only challenger last few years loses their coach and star CB to them. You cant do that in Italy (England or Spain), because inter wont sell us Bastoni or Barella, Milan wont sell us Theo or Tonali, Lazio wont give us Sergej for years, Napoli with Koulibaly. You say Roma gave us Pellegrini but we gave up a better player in Spinazzola in that deal. And most their key players went abroad, Allison, Salah, Strootman. I dont know how you can look at the 2 situations and think they are same or similar. No other club has such monopoly over its league, maybe only PSG recently can come cluse

Jun 16, 2020
Okay I will make a similar one of Juve starting from 2012 when we started dominating the league:

2012: Asamoah and Isla from Udinese considered big talents of the league. Giovinco from agreement with Parma, most promising player of the league. Lucio from direct rivals Inter on a free. Didn't really dominate the league yet.

2013: Ogbonna from direct city rivals Torino (at the time considerd one of Italys best young CBs), also plenty of shady dealings between Sassuolo with Berardi, Zaza, Peluso and co. Starting time of our B-team Sass.

2014: Only small dealings from smaller teams like Rugani (most promising CB in the league), Sturaro, Marrone, Pereyra loan with option, Romulo loan with option etc. this season.

2015: Dybala (biggest star in the league), Pjanic was the biggest star in Roma. Zaza was signed due to our easy access to Sassuolo. Also Pereyra from Udinese and Hernanes bought from our direct league rivals Inter to help with injuries. Milan loans us Matri in our injury crisis to help win the Coppa for us lmao.

2016: Biggest star in the league Higuain bought from biggest league rival Napoli. Also less significantly Rincon, but also Caldara who was one of the most promising CBs in the league from already well performing Atalanta.

2017: Biggest talent from our most historic rivals Bernardeschi (back then considered as one of the best Italian players in the league), De Sciglio from historic rivals Milan.

2018: Bonucci bought back from Europa league Milan, Perin (best Italian GK in the league after Dollarumma) bought for under market value from Genoa, Caceres loaned from league rivals Lazio to help with injuries. Cancelo came from Inter but they didn't excercise the buy option from Valencia so doesn't really count.

2019: Pellegrini acquired from direct league rivals Roma. Romero bought for way over market price in exchange for shady dealings between several players with Genoa while Sturaro sold the for way over market value due to agreements between Genoa. Demiral acquired for under market value due to agreements between Sassuolo.

2020: Chiesa (one of the most exciting talents in the league) from the most important player of our most historic rivals Fiorentina, Kulusevski (one of the most promising players in the league) from 3rd place Atalanta, Rovella (one of the most promising young mids in Serie A) acquired by paying fee instead of getting on a free due to agreements with Genoa.

I think the talent pool in Serie A has been so bad that we've got a large chunk of our key players abroad, but every single time an exciting player comes around in Serie A he's been ours if we've wanted to. Gabbiadini, Immobile, Berardi, Orsolini and co. have all gone through some kinds of dealings with us over the years even if they never won a spot with us. We kept so many teams on our leashes over the years; now it's Genoa (Pjaca, Sturaro, Portanova, Pellegrini, Perin while we get dibs on Rovella, Romero maybe Scamacca etc.), before it was Sassuolo (Zaza, Peluso, Lirola, Berardi, Marrone, Demiral). To some extent also Udinese and Atalanta had some kinds of dealings with us where we get their creme de la creme and they accept our shit. Teams like Milan and Inter have not had players that we've wanted over the years tbh, but when teams like Roma and Fiorentina do, they act all fussy in the media yet just end up selling cause their finances urge it.
We missed out on some players like Verratti, Bruno Fernandes, Kovacic, Zaniolo, Correa, Bastoni, etc

And yea I know, Verratti was in Serie B and Zaniolo was part of the Nainggolan deal.

There definitely haven’t been a lot of great talents in Serie A, but you could say that we focused on the wrong players. Imagine if we’d be able to field the first 4 players that I mentioned. They wouldn’t costed us a lot.

My eyes start bleeding if I see that list of Sassuolo and Genoa players. What a waste of time and money.

Our transfer strategy wasn’t to sign the best talents, we rather went for proven ones like Khedira, Matuidi, Pjanic, Mandzukic etc

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
We missed out on some players like Verratti, Bruno Fernandes, Kovacic, Zaniolo, Correa, Bastoni, etc

And yea I know, Verratti was in Serie B and Zaniolo was part of the Nainggolan deal.

There definitely haven’t been a lot of great talents in Serie A, but you could say that we focused on the wrong players. Imagine if we’d be able to field the first 4 players that I mentioned. They wouldn’t costed us a lot.

My eyes start bleeding if I see that list of Sassuolo and Genoa players. What a waste of time and money.

Our transfer strategy wasn’t to sign the best talents, we rather went for proven ones like Khedira, Matuidi, Pjanic, Mandzukic etc
The moment we started focusing on those proven (foreign) players and in my opinion less hungry players is exactly when we started declining...

Let's sign up some young and gifted players/Italians who feel real pride in playing for the Juve jersey. Like Chiesa or even McKennie...

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I have nothing against Andrea Agnelli, overall his contribution has been positive. Im quite happy we have had the backing of his family throughout our history (since 1923) and you can bet we wouldnt be as succesful without them. When we are in dire financial state, like we are finding ourselves now, they pump in some money and keep us afloat. That being said Andrea needs to bow down and kiss each sole of Allegri's foot. What a terrible blunder he has made 2 years ago and it backfired in the worst possible way for him. His nephews prolly arent too satisfied either with our last few years as he is costing his family money. From breaking even to more than 100m loss per season.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Can I just say how fucking dope it must feel to own Ferrari AND Juventus. It's like owning Apple AND Netflix or something.

Cant think of any other individual/family that owns 2 cool-ass global brands.

Whenever I bring this fact up with uninitated people, I always get a great reaction, it's awesome. What a family, damn.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Can I just say how fucking dope it must feel to own Ferrari AND Juventus. It's like owning Apple AND Netflix or something.

Cant think of any other individual/family that owns 2 cool-ass global brands.

Whenever I bring this fact up with uninitated people, I always get a great reaction, it's awesome. What a family, damn.
Apple and Netflix are the best examples you can get for cool brands?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 117)