Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (28 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
The way I see it Elkaan has two options:

1. Fire Agnelli

2. Keep him and tell him "Ok you are staying, forget the SL, leave the proyect now, focus on Juventus 100% and hire a PR company to try to rebuild relations you have 1 year on probation"

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
EPL clubs backed out and apologized, we didn't.
Not quite, he reached out to the EPL clubs,

“At this point I would like to address the owners of some English clubs,” Ceferin said at the UEFA congress meeting.
“Gentlemen, you made a huge mistake. Some will say it is greed, others disdain, arrogance, flippancy or complete ignorance of England’s football culture.
“But actually it doesn’t matter. What matters is there is still time to change your mind. Everyone makes mistakes. English fans deserve to have you correct your mistake. They deserve respect.
“So, to the English clubs mainly, come to your senses – not out of love for football, because I imagine some of you don’t have much of that – but out of respect for those who bleed themselves dry so that they can go to the stadium to support their team and want the dream to be kept alive.
“For those, you change your mind. Do it out of respect for the English people, for the home of football.”

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
"... The New York Times explains how Ceferin felt he had to address the rumours and jumped in his car for an eight-hour drive from his home in Ljubljana to his office in Switzerland.

The report continues to reveals that he tried to call Agnelli, but that the Juventus patron initially didn’t pick up the phone.

Ceferin is the Godfather to one of Agnelli’s daughters and decided to contact Agnelli’s wife to ask if she could get the Bianconeri President to call him back.

When the UEFA President was almost halfway to his office, Agnelli returned his call.

The newspaper reveals Agnelli continued to ‘reassure Ceferin that everything was fine’ but the Slovenian was not at ease and ‘suggested to issue a joint communiqúe that would put the issue to rest’.

Agnelli agreed with Ceferin, who drafted a statement in the car and sent it to Agnelli, who wanted more time to send back an amended version.

But when the hours passed and the two traded more calls, the Italian said he needed 30 more minutes and turned off his phone.

Agnelli had reportedly ‘protected the rebels’ secret for weeks’ and on Sunday night, an official announcement was published simultaneously on the 12 teams’ official websites."

https://www.football-italia.net/169...ked-statement-hours-super-league-announcement

:anon::anon::anon::anon:

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I'm no lawyer but I don’t think Uefa can be selective in deciding whom to punish:
First of all, no "crime" was committed since the SL never came to fruition.
Secondly, it would be UEFA who might be breaching EU antitrust laws.
Thirdly, Ceferin has a personal grudge against us and I don’t think that will count in any European court of law. I doubt that FIGC (even though they may hate us as well) are going to agree with uefa.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
"... The New York Times explains how Ceferin felt he had to address the rumours and jumped in his car for an eight-hour drive from his home in Ljubljana to his office in Switzerland.

The report continues to reveals that he tried to call Agnelli, but that the Juventus patron initially didn’t pick up the phone.

Ceferin is the Godfather to one of Agnelli’s daughters and decided to contact Agnelli’s wife to ask if she could get the Bianconeri President to call him back.

When the UEFA President was almost halfway to his office, Agnelli returned his call.

The newspaper reveals Agnelli continued to ‘reassure Ceferin that everything was fine’ but the Slovenian was not at ease and ‘suggested to issue a joint communiqúe that would put the issue to rest’.

Agnelli agreed with Ceferin, who drafted a statement in the car and sent it to Agnelli, who wanted more time to send back an amended version.

But when the hours passed and the two traded more calls, the Italian said he needed 30 more minutes and turned off his phone.

Agnelli had reportedly ‘protected the rebels’ secret for weeks’ and on Sunday night, an official announcement was published simultaneously on the 12 teams’ official websites."

https://www.football-italia.net/169...ked-statement-hours-super-league-announcement

FFS this is Moggi level.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I'm no lawyer but I don’t think Uefa can be selective in deciding whom to punish:
Thirdly, Ceferin has a personal grudge against us and I don’t think that will count in any European court of law. I doubt that FIGC (even though they may hate us as well) are going to agree with uefa.

You keep thinking about "logic" and "law"... and in those terms you are correct bu the thing is that we already know that FIFA and UEFA do whatever they want to do... and now more than ever they have "the higher ground" because know they are seen has the "Good Guys"...

and FIGC really? They are just expecting something... anything to screw us over time and time...

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I don't see how forming a new tournament is a crime at all.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

ceferin first called agnelli a snake or something, then he's now leaking info to new york times. i don't give a fuck about this guy at all.

fi can fuck itself though. they clearly took a side here. i don't see any articles about ceferin's salary.

Last edited:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
They have no grounds to punish any of the clubs. Its an empty talk. They would be breaking several rules, antitrust law, if they hand any punishment. Even sole threat is considered as pressuring, prolly we can sue them.

- - - Updated - - -

You keep thinking about "logic" and "law"... and in those terms you are correct bu the thing is that we already know that FIFA and UEFA do whatever they want to do... and now more than ever they have "the higher ground" because know they are seen has the "Good Guys"...

and FIGC really? They are just expecting something... anything to screw us over time and time...
We take them to courts this time. No backing down. I hope.

Mar 3, 2014
If they try to ban from the champions league, Juventus could definitely sue. That’s totally anti-competitive. Perhaps Agnelli could be on the hook personally given that what he did may have been in direct violation of his responsibilities as head of ECA and uefa but banning the team? Seems like a lawsuit ready to happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)