Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (84 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Indeed, fucking idiots.
This is going to make football a whole lot worse.
and I suppose you enjoyed UEFA fucking you up the arse with fines and a ban from Europe because of FFP whilst they let man city get away with next to nothing?

UEFA will not change shit, and any changes will either come too late or be worse.

Fuck them all!

Forza Che Agnelli!

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
and I suppose you enjoyed UEFA fucking you up the arse with fines and a ban from Europe because of FFP whilst they let man city get away with next to nothing?

UEFA will not change shit, and any changes will either come too late or be worse.

Fuck them all!

Forza Che Agnelli!
well done my good man!

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
So what about his argument has to do with a closed league? Nothing.

It's BS, these are not his reasons. It's simply money.

They could propose exactly the same, but as a tiered competition a full European league system with relegation to local competition.

But they don't want that. They just a want a rich circle jerk.
- of course it's about money, and relegation doesn't protect investments at all.
- uefa prolly wasn't open to a tiered competition, just look at the new revolutionary cl format. group stage is boring, people started to lose interest in it years before corona.
- fairy tales are for romantic boomers like us. the famous 18-49 key demographic group wants something new, and the sooner football reacts, the better it can survive.

i don't like many elements of the super league, but we'll get used to it. we didn't like the group stage at first. we didn't like 2nd to 4th teams' participations at first. people don't like changes, we simply want to stay in our comfort zone. i get it, it's fine, but look at the revenues, current system hit the ceiling and isn't sustainable. and it's clear that uefa protected its own interests, it wasn't a good partner in the changes.

let's evaluate the idea in 5 years, not now when it didn't even start.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
- of course it's about money, and relegation doesn't protect investments at all.
- uefa prolly wasn't open to a tiered competition, just look at the new revolutionary cl format. group stage is boring, people started to lose interest in it years before corona.
- fairy tales are for romantic boomers like us. the famous 18-49 key demographic group wants something new, and the sooner football reacts, the better it can survive.

i don't like many elements of the super league, but we'll get used to it. we didn't like the group stage at first. we didn't like 2nd to 4th teams' participations at first. people don't like changes, we simply want to stay in our comfort zone. i get it, it's fine, but look at the revenues, current system hit the ceiling and isn't sustainable. and it's clear that uefa protected its own interests, it wasn't a good partner in the changes.

let's evaluate the idea in 5 years, not now when it didn't even start.
How right you are. Ten years ago CL night was a highlight for me regardless if we would play.
I don't know when it ended, but except us, I saw only 60 minutes of PSG Bayern and some 45 minutes of Real Liverpool home and away this year.
Somehow I started to lose interest gradually and rarely I finish a game when Juve isn't playing.
I can't seem to be bothered anymore after we are eliminated.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
How right you are. Ten years ago CL night was a highlight for me regardless if we would play.
I don't know when it ended, but except us, I saw only 60 minutes of PSG Bayern and some 45 minutes of Real Liverpool home and away this year.
Somehow I started to lose interest gradually and rarely I finish a game when Juve isn't playing.
I can't seem to be bothered anymore after we are eliminated.
it's probably because some teams are much better than us and after losing 2 finals we took the hit as fans

Jul 13, 2010
I agree to all of the above. I don't even watch football outside Juve and azzurri. If we play more high-profile opponents, I get to watch more high-profile games. Sounds good to me. Plus I want Juve to get bigger and richer anyway

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What would you say is a better way
Honestly I think organizations such as UEFA and FIFA should be under the control of a body such as the UN.

They are global organizations with very real power, yet they escape all forms of political control. They essentially no longer operate under the law.

This is a bigger issue that will not be solved by a few club owners trying to amass all the power for themselves.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Current system is designed to keep status quo. What kind of chance do clubs like Porto have to win the CL in current conditions? In current system we might see lesser club winning CL every few decades so does it spell fairness, competitivity? At least we can stop pretending now its a fair game.
Wtf? The solution to to a less competitive balance for small nation club (who won their CL last title more recent then us), is to completely kick them and others out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)