Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (81 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
man i mean they acquired this players in order to do great at europe or they could have settled for a lower level of players and still win their league.
Yeah, but we can't compete with the likes of PSG.

Ibrahimovic alone costs them 60mln gross wage, with 60mln we pay Buffon, Licht, Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Asamoah, Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal, Tevez and Llorente (the whole 1st eleven).

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
We were fuked up anyways, thanks to Conte. It was little we could do...but that doesnt mean that Allegri should be this moronic. he is more than capable to manage a team like this juve. Well thats in theory, in practice it seems this guy is not good.
Yea Conte really fucked this club up

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I never once seen Conte take responsibility for a bad result, against Benfica it was the ref's fault we couldn't score 1 goal at home against 10 men. When we got knocked out of Europe last year it was because we have no money and the players aren't good enough to reach the last 16 despite the fact Gala had a much less budget than us and had just got a brand new manager in Mancini mid way through the CL campaign.

We needed a manager who has balls and would make the team play to his philosophy rather than Allegri who just tries to copy Conte's style and is failing miserably lately doing it.

Agnelli was wrong to appoint Allegri everyone knew it.

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
As much as a i like Agnelli he is 99% to blame for this season so far. He is the one who hired Allegri when everyone knew he was not a Juve material coach.

He couldn't control Conte so when he replaced him he hired this yes man in Allegri who wont overstep his boundaries and put his foot down. Well look where that has got us now? I still maintain since 2012 we have went backwards every year with tactics/signings. Sure our players are better but we have signed a lot of mediocre players for big money in that time and have not addressed the problems of the team.

We played very exciting attacking and pressing football in 2012 that all changed with the 3-5-2 when we decided to play this lacklustre defensive game. All that had to be done was to gradually improve the players we had in a 4-3-3 but the whole board and Conte were happy to play a 3-5-2 and we are seeing the results now.

Too many defenders and midfielders and no attacking players that break down defences these are the results. I'm not gloating or anything but i was one of the first on the forum to call for a change but alot of people were happy with the 3-5-2 because it papered over the cracks and it was made to look like a good formation because we could steamrole Serie A.

After the 2 Bayern games it was clear we needed change but 2 whole years later the club still has not moved forward and is stuck in the same loop of playing a 3-5-2 with truly horrible tactics and players out of position to accommodate the wing back role and having one of the best midfields in Europe completely wasted by having to cover the wing backs defensively rather than moving forward.
It's amazing how people fails to remember that in 2011-2012 almost every decisive match was played with a 3-5-2.

4-3-3 was a stepping stone that was definitely buried in March.

Last match we played with 4-3-3 was the first half against Inter on March 25th, in the second half on the 0-0 we switched to 3-5-2 with Caceres and won the match 2-0.

But even before, we started to prepare for the 3-5-2 using it in important matches (away to Napoli, away to Milan, both against Udinese, and so on).

After that match, we played 4-3-3 just in December 2012 against Torino (due to injuries, IIRC...) and in the two legs against Real Madrid. And this summer in some meaningless frendlies. The fun fact is that no one complained about the 3-5-2 before the 2013-14 Champions League campaign, if not sporadically... Against the Bayern defeats was blamed the overall quality of the team and the attackers, rightly so, and especially after their Barcelona raping no one gave more than two fucks...

People now like to complain about the poor gameplay, but in 2012-13, when we passed the group stages, we had even poorer stats in Serie A.

And it's not like with a 4-3-3 with the guys we could afford would have put us as an european powerhouse. Great wingers are expensive nowadays... We can hope the likes of Coman and Berardi blossom greatly, Giovinco IMO this reason has reached the maturity to be at least a first sub, and maybe in the space of a new season we'll have enough financial power to compete with everyone. Let's not forget that the income of this season (315 mln €) is a record in the history of the club and top 10 in Europe. It increased of something like 130% compared to three yars ago, that shows the great work of this club (that has even a positive account, let's not forget).

The club is growing more steadily than what has been planned at the beginning of this project (in 2011 we said that the goal was to compete for the Scudetto in three years... In the meantime we won all of those three, lol), but the club finances need more time.

And I don't understand the Allegri criticism as of now, as we're first in the league and not yet out of anything. And there were not better choices on July 15th. I see trustless attitudes here, I don't share that. I can understand that Allegri is not the most convincing, charming and fancy coach on earth, but let's give the guy a break. He's already won something important in his career after all, an idiot wouldn't accomplish that. And it's not like he has to work with scratch like Conte had to do at the beginning of his experience, he has an already experienced, winning and quality team.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I never once seen Conte take responsibility for a bad result, against Benfica it was the ref's fault we couldn't score 1 goal at home against 10 men. When we got knocked out of Europe last year it was because we have no money and the players aren't good enough to reach the last 16 despite the fact Gala had a much less budget than us and had just got a brand new manager in Mancini mid way through the CL campaign.

We needed a manager who has balls and would make the team play to his philosophy rather than Allegri who just tries to copy Conte's style and is failing miserably lately doing it.

Agnelli was wrong to appoint Allegri everyone knew it.
Who should he have appointed two days into pre season?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

If Conte is so strong willed and stubborn why did he "let" himself get talked into staying back in May?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Remeber when most folks here thought that his leave has something to do with Vidal or Pogba.

What kind of guy leaves the club he allegedly cares for two days into preseason.

And people blame Agnelli LMAO. He sticks with the club through thick and thin. The family will always care for the club and remain closely involved.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Yeah, but we can't compete with the likes of PSG.

Ibrahimovic alone costs them 60mln gross wage, with 60mln we pay Buffon, Licht, Chiellini, Barzagli, Bonucci, Asamoah, Marchisio, Pogba, Vidal, Tevez and Llorente (the whole 1st eleven).
am talking about the concept man the concept. the concept is don't get enough with players who can win you the scudetto, try to improve the team for Europe. and meanwhile crush every scudetto opponent.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Remeber when most folks here thought that his leave has something to do with Vidal or Pogba.

What kind of guy leaves the club he allegedly cares for two days into preseason.

And people blame Agnelli LMAO. He sticks with the club through thick and thin. The family will always care for the club and remain closely involved.
Unibrows are thicker than water

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
:agree:

- - - Updated - - -

If Conte is so strong willed and stubborn why did he "let" himself get talked into staying back in May?
They promised him a good transfer window ahead and he saw what we pulled in. He waited till then, towards the end of the window and he saw his squad on the training grounds he through his hands up in the air and left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)