Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (46 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He did extremely well here, especially in his first year. Unexpectedly winning the title with Juventus, great first season in the CL when we topped rather difficult group, but after that, after defeat vs Bayern fear crept among our ranks and he started with all that underdog crap before every European game. Excuses for failing to reach the 2nd round among the mighty Galata and Copenhagen because of lack of funding. Ridiculous. Can't help it to feel that the same issue is still deeply rooted among our players mostly due to him, the same lack of confidence in their abilities is still present despite Conte is no longer here. Game vs Olympiakos was another reminder of that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He did extremely well here, especially in his first year. Unexpectedly winning the title with Juventus, great first season in the CL when we topped rather difficult group, but after that, after defeat vs Bayern fear crept among our ranks and he started with all that underdog crap before every European game. Excuses for failing to reach the 2nd round among the mighty Galata and Copenhagen because of lack of funding. Ridiculous. Can't help it to feel that the same issue is still deeply rooted among our players mostly due to him, the same lack of confidence in their abilities is still present despite Conte is no longer here. Game vs Olympiakos was another reminder of that.
Players respected Conte so of course everything he said they would have accepted anything he said: be it the underdog status or the other excuses.

Conte never struck me as one to make excuses.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Conte was never the same after the Bayern games, his mentality changed and he started to spew the 'we can't compete' crap and it has effected us in Europe ever since.

Allegri I believe will be more adventurous than Conte, he's still using the Conte template, give him time to imbed his ideas and we will eventually see a different Juventus.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Conte was never the same after the Bayern games, his mentality changed and he started to spew the 'we can't compete' crap and it has effected us in Europe ever since.

Allegri I believe will be more adventurous than Conte, he's still using the Conte template, give him time to imbed his ideas and we will eventually see a different Juventus.
I don't agree completely. If you read the pre-match interviews, you'll see that Conte crapped his pants even before the first game.

samfisher5

Jan 30, 2013

I thought he was saying all that BEFORE the Bayern games.

- - - Updated - - -

He better get cracking, or we will be out of Europe by then.
If we don't win against Olympiakos we are out.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
it all starts from here. we have 32 scudetti we won the last 3 i mean that's enough you should start to build up for something bigger. what you are waiting for? to fall? what's your strategy? another 3 scudetti?

sometimes fools say that "ambition could kill you" i say "you are already dead"

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I don't blame him for anything. He's clearly ambitious and has done very well both sporting and business wise. But he's also realistic, as he has explained many times before we are limited because of where we play and other clubs have to pull their weight to lift this league up from this slump. Other teams need to build their own stadiums and stop selling their best talent abroad so we play at a higher level and get more commercial revenue.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Blaming the entire league for everything solves nothing. We need to stop hoping 19 other teams sort themselves out all of a sudden, and ignore them completely whilst looking for ways to keep on improving our club

Now whether or not the league is shit doesn't affect our ability to play modern football and utilise players who have pace and trickery about them in the final 3rd and not useless wing backs or static strikers

We have plenty of room to improve, and the 'league' is not holding us back from most of these improvements.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
I don't blame him for anything. He's clearly ambitious and has done very well both sporting and business wise. But he's also realistic, as he has explained many times before we are limited because of where we play and other clubs have to pull their weight to lift this league up from this slump. Other teams need to build their own stadiums and stop selling their best talent abroad so we play at a higher level and get more commercial revenue.
man i agree with all what you said. but you have to improve man. at least we didn't improve. and btw not just CL am talking about.. we can't even get the Coppa italia and i know its not that prestigious but its on our same level. man we need to collect every thing. this called improvement but we are going backwards like this. teams like athletico didn't have what we have. but they had ambition and they did great last year.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Let's put it this way

olympiakos and Galatasaray play in joke leagues, surrounded by utter crap and have to build their teams from nothing or from old rejects

Did that stop them from getting a result against us? No

Did that stop them from getting into the K.O stages last season as opposed to us? No

Do you need to be in La liga/BPL to get results in Europe against minnows? No

Do arguably the best team on the planet along with Madrid (Bayern Munich) play in an insanely competitive league, full of top players to practise against? Nope. They buy any top player that crosses their path and the lack of competition sure as hell hasn't stopped them from stomping on one of the best teams of all time in Barca, Winning the CL straight after being emotionally wrecked the year before.

A better league would help us, obviously. But we don't NEED the entire league to improve to allow us to improve. That's just scapegoating.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Let's put it this way

olympiakos and Galatasaray play in joke leagues, surrounded by utter crap and have to build their teams from nothing or from old rejects

Did that stop them from getting a result against us? No

Did that stop them from getting into the K.O stages last season as opposed to us? No

Do you need to be in La liga/BPL to get results in Europe against minnows? No

Do arguably the best team on the planet along with Madrid (Bayern Munich) play in an insanely competitive league, full of top players to practise against? Nope. They buy any top player that crosses their path and the lack of competition sure as hell hasn't stopped them from stomping on one of the best teams of all time in Barca, Winning the CL straight after being emotionally wrecked the year before.

A better league would help us, obviously. But we don't NEED the entire league to improve to allow us to improve. That's just scapegoating.
I agree with that. Of course we are obligated to win against smaller teams. Based on the players we have we should have gotten a result against Olympiakos and Galatasaray. I don't particularly blame Agnelli for that, as he and Marotta supplied us players that were superior to the squads those teams had. I certainly don't hold anything against him for hiring Conte who is really to be blamed for our early CL exit last year. The scudetto was an impossible before him, let alone three in a row.

I wish Agnelli would have been more ambitious when hiring a manager this summer, but then again no world class coach was available (as far as I know).

Bayern have the advantage of playing in Germany. Germany's economy is in great shape and purchasing power of German fans is greater than in Italy. I also believe that the German league is better than Serie A, you just need to look at how the European results compare between the leagues. Bayern is stronger than Juve, Dortmund is stronger than Roma and I think their second tier teams are stronger than Italy's.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'm not madly opposed to Agnelli or anything, and yeah BuLi is better than Serie A but the point is comparitively Bayern have no competition, even less so than Juve as they often raid their nearest 'rivals' and take their best players

So the point being that playing in a league with no competition does not really hinder you if you make sure you don't get comfortable mopping up domestically and pretend you're perfect

Which is what we sort of done in the Summer. We won our 3rd Scudetti and we never even tried replacing a single first team player or changing our system. We got comfortable and seemed to be content with what we had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 34)