Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (25 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Reposting article from Serie A thread, just to stay here
:tup:

He is right, and is about time those old geezers in italy man up and start revolutionizing things...or prepare for even darker times
Juventus is alone on this. The rest of the teams, and the league, are run by full time inepts

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Prandelli would have been my choice. I will give Allegri the benefit of the doubt as much as i disliked him getting the job.
Prandelli is a poor coach. He's not better than Allegri that's for sure. The only available Italian coach that's worth a penny is Montella at the moment. The rest are garbage that's why we should look for a foreign coach. Serie A is shitty these days so anyone could win it with this squad but we need a coach with non-Italian attitude, especially when it comes to Europe.

For example Garcia is not world beater but he's been very good for Roma so far. I wish we had a shot at Deschamps tbh.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Prandelli is a poor coach. He's not better than Allegri that's for sure. The only available Italian coach that's worth a penny is Montella at the moment. The rest are garbage that's why we should look for a foreign coach. Serie A is shitty these days so anyone could win it with this squad but we need a coach with non-Italian attitude, especially when it comes to Europe.

For example Garcia is not world beater but he's been very good for Roma so far. I wish we had a shot at Deschamps tbh.
Ye Deschamps would be a dream but he was not available seeing as he took over France and is committed to them, Out of all the available coaches Allegri would have been very low on my wish list any way.

Prandelli i think is a very good coach the only criticism i would have given him with Italy is he tinkers way too much with the formations and players. Other than that i dont think he did much wrong.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
After Allegri I would love to see us go for a foreign coach, look at the style of football Roma play under Garcia (Bayern game aside). I'm sick of Italian coaches and their 1970s football mentalty

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
After Allegri I would love to see us go for a foreign coach, look at the style of football Roma play under Garcia (Bayern game aside). I'm sick of Italian coaches and their 1970s football mentalty
Me too.
Most of them grew or played in the golden era of catenaccio. Thats their reference point , what they were taught and how they learned football should be played.

Only young and inexperienced italian coaches maybe will not be tainted by that, but we cant afford an inexperienced coach in our team so.. better go with a foreign top coach

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Da.

No doubt about it. Most of the time it's coaches mentality that holds back the entire league. Only Italian coaches pull of incredible subs like Trez out for Grygera.

I'd love to see a foreign coach here, it would change A LOT. We need somebody like Bielsa or Simeone to straight things up.

But I can't see it happened. It's like we'll always try to sign an Italian GK to replace Buffon, doesn't matter if the entire generation is bad. Same goes for our CBs, same goes for our coach. Signing Didier was weird and I don't think we'll see it any time soon sadly.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Italians will have to put their nationalistic pride aside and stop thinking about Catenaccio and defensive, destroying tactics like a national treasure. Times have changed and they must change too. Just too many old geezers running the business with the wrong mentality. Is no coincidence that someone like AA is trying to shake things up.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Agnelli's concerns are mostly in regards to the current system in Italy, where clubs have difficulties to own their sports venues due to insane amount of bureaucracy. It took us more than a decade to obtain all permits. The process started at the end of 90es only to be finalized few years ago. Can't say that Italian coaches are dragging the league down when what they've been given to work with is utter crap. Extremely poor generation of Italian players combined with economical difficulties in Italy that had significant repercussions on finances of most domestic clubs, then their mgt's inability to promote the brand worldwide and find an alternate source of funding which previously predominantly originated from domestic market.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
icemaη;4723557 said:
So was Conte I believe until he found the holy grail that is the 3-5-2
Yeah, 4 attacking players lol in a 424 lol wat?

I blame Conte. From his tinkering with a flawless 433 ditching us 1 day into preseason. Thanks Conte :tup:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
icemaη;4723557 said:
So was Conte I believe until he found the holy grail that is the 3-5-2
The 352 was useful when we needed it. Now is doing more harm than good.

- - - Updated - - -

I blame Conte. From his tinkering with a flawless 433 ditching us 1 day into preseason. Thanks Conte :tup:
He shares his spoils in whats going on right now. For good and bad.
In one hand, giving us that needed push in his first season. I have to admit that he did wonders. After that, he totally embraced the 352, started losing in europe and crying about money instead of focusing on tactics. Now it seems allegri doesnt want to go out of the 352 comfort zone.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

He ditched 4-3-3 because Pepe was injured. One of the most hilarious excuses when asked about different system.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He ditched 4-3-3 because Pepe was injured. One of the most hilarious excuses when asked about different system.
But but but we were told that Pepe was the only reason why the 433 worked and without him we had no choice. :cry:

- - - Updated - - -

That 3rd person had to do defensive duties in tracking bbbbaaaaccckkkkk.....ahhhhhhhh the humanity

- - - Updated - - -

Most ridiculous part of it is we had one of the best defensive records in Europe those first 2 seasons...Licht, Barzagli (healthy), Bonucci & Chiellini...I fail to see how adding a 3rd attacking player for an injured Pepe would have sunk our ship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)