Ancelotti opens door to Del Piero (2 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++
I´ve said it before...

"I dont care whos driving as long as Ferrari wins!"
Some people want a certain driver and they want to change the Ferrari engine to a Del Piero one, an engine that was exhausted in 1998.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Novellino in Del Piero call Wednesday 24 August, 2005

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria boss Walter Novellino has invited Juventus enigma Alessandro Del Piero to join him in Genoa.

The Bianconeri captain is seemingly no longer assured of a first team shirt at Juve, leading to stories of a possible departure.

Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti stated at the weekend that he wouldn’t turn down the chance to sign him and Novellino shares the same view.

"They can give him to me," the tactician told the Turin-based Tuttosport newspaper on Wednesday.

"If Juventus want to be free of him, even if I think that is unlikely, then I would be delighted to have him in my side."

Novellino, one of Italy’s most promising tacticians, rates Del Piero’s current club highly and insists they will retain Lo Scudetto.

"They are even stronger than last season," he added. "Patrick Vieira is their best buy, while Emerson is a frightening leader. Zlatan Ibrahimovic? He is worthy of the Golden Ball.

"Milan are more spectacular than Juventus but they are less concrete at times."

Sampdoria finished fifth last term and Novellino is optimistic they can enjoy a similarly successful campaign this time around.

"The battle for fourth will be tough," he stated. "I respect all of our opponents but I would bet on Samp."

source: channel4.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Samp would be a good club for DP imo. They're in the Uefa Cup, they have a quality team, a good tactician, they're ambitious and most importantly Alex would play regularly. I honestly believe that if Del Piero plays a lot of first team football this season he'll be in the Italy squad for Germany 06.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm not sure about that. DP thrives on confidence and Capello doesn't instill confidence in Alex, quite the opposite actually.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No I dont think he'd be there anyway. Vieri, Totti, Gilardino, Cassano are all miles ahead of him as far as I'm concerned. And with the likes of Toni and Carriacolo knocking on the doors of the senior squad, I think Dp is going to need serious playing time if he has to be on that flight to Germany. And that is why I see it imperative for him to leave Juve as well.

Sumo_Basho

Feb 20, 2004
Im not sure he will. I mean 1 International call up in a year doesn't suggest a guaranteed bench role. But a move to Samp would be ideal for him,a solid squad with hopes of 4th place.IF he has a good season(injury free aswell) then Lippi would have no choice.I would much rather see him in Genoa than Milan.

This really is the end of an era :down:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
He's faster, bigger, a center forward, got a better strike rate on the Nazionale than Dp and as things stand is in all likelihood going to get way more playing time in the Serie A than Del Piero. There is no way I can see Dp get the nod over Vieri if it comes down to that as far as the Azzuri go, even with Lippi at the helm.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
i think currently,montella has the best chance of making the squad ahead of both vieri and dp.i doubt wether vieri will make the squad if quality finishers like gilardino,toni and montella continue their good form.it could well be cassano,gilardino,toni,montella and some other low profile forward who might have a great season this time around..
the only way dp might be drafted into the squad is as cover for cassano,or unless he has a great season.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
He's faster, bigger, a center forward, got a better strike rate on the Nazionale than Dp and as things stand is in all likelihood going to get way more playing time in the Serie A than Del Piero. There is no way I can see Dp get the nod over Vieri if it comes down to that as far as the Azzuri go, even with Lippi at the helm.
Vieri is bigger than Cassano ,also,but not better.The size doesn't mean much.Faster...how fast he is exactly ,he looks to me like a grandma on th field.
One thing is sure,and I agree with you about that,and that's the playing time in the Seria A.I think that Vieri is going to be the startng line up solution,and that Gila will be the sub.From the milan's friendlies(both games against Chelsea,and some others) we can conclude that Vieri is going to be next to Sheva.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)