Ancelotti opens door to Del Piero (4 Viewers)

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Channel 4 Football Italia Saturday 20 August, 2005

Carlo Ancelotti’s comments have opened the door to a sensational transfer deal – Alessandro Del Piero could join Milan.

“There are many players I have trained and would gladly work with again. Del Piero is one of them because he is a consummate professional and it’s always a pleasure for a Coach to deal with that kind of person,” said the Rossoneri boss in today’s Press Conference.

Ancelotti’s time at Juventus coincided with Del Piero’s serious knee injury, but he always gave him the benefit of the doubt and played him even when he was off form. Now the Bianconeri captain is finding life tough in Turin and often benched by Coach Fabio Capello.

This has led to reports that Juve will hand Del Piero over to Milan in order to make way for Roma’s rebellious Antonio Cassano – and Ancelotti has done nothing to deny those rumours.

“I have already said it in the past and I repeat it now, the doors to the Milanello training ground are always open for Del Piero. I have an excellent rapport with him.”

The ex-Juve boss has even gone so far as to work out a tactical solution to put him alongside the current crop of stars at the San Siro.

“Del Piero is a forward, just like Kaka, Manuel Rui Costa or Christian Vieri, albeit with different characteristics to all of them. He’d be a different solution for Milan.”

With Juve’s interest in Cassano no secret and Del Piero’s fine form for the Italy squad midweek – in which he played in a trident attack with Rossoneri duo Vieri and Alberto Gilardino – this could be more than a mere summer rumour.

After all, Milan have shown they are capable of reviving the careers of those who feel let down by their clubs. Marcos Cafu, Andrea Pirlo, Clarence Seedorf and now Vieri have all found a new lease of life at the San Siro, so Del Piero may think he could benefit from the same treatment in the year leading up to the World Cup.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Should Juve be so lame as to release him, there's no better place to go than Milan.
I hardly think he'd be simply released. I mean how much is he worth to Juventus per annum by being purely a global superstar? How many shirts are sold in Japan with his name on the back? I don't think we'd ever be that silly - Cassano could never bring in such revenues.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++

I hardly think he'd be simply released. I mean how much is he worth to Juventus per annum by being purely a global superstar? How many shirts are sold in Japan with his name on the back? I don't think we'd ever be that silly - Cassano could never bring in such revenues.
true, on the other hand Capello has already dismantled the entire old guard..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Should Juve be so lame as to release him, there's no better place to go than Milan.
Money will definitely be included in such a deal and there is no one but Milan that can appreciate the value and actually pay it.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I actually see this as realistic than media bullshit. Ive always said I can see Del Piero ending up at a club like Milan. And I actually think if he was to leave Juve, Id rather see him go to a big club like Milan for sentiment, so he can finish his career on the big stage. And like i said in another thread, i can totally see Del Piero replace Inzaghi at Milan. Very possible imo.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I actually see this as realistic than media bullshit. Ive always said I can see Del Piero ending up at a club like Milan. And I actually think if he was to leave Juve, Id rather see him go to a big club like Milan for sentiment, so he can finish his career on the big stage. And like i said in another thread, i can totally see Del Piero replace Inzaghi at Milan. Very possible imo.
Exactly. Granted Pippo's injuries cast a bit of a shadow over his latest years but that might as well have happened wherever he had gone.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++true, on the other hand Capello has already dismantled the entire old guard..
Conte & Ferrara, Tacchinardi.. I suppose, its been something of a new era. Alex Dp is a different kettle of fish though. I wouldn't underestimate fan power in this either

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Sounds like Ancelotti is just try to stir up the Juve pot in the hope that it might score Milan some distraction points during the campionato. Nice try, Carlo.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
This can't be true. Why would Del Piero rather want to sit on the bench at Milan, or sit on our bench, the club where he has played for more then a decade and became an icon with the fans?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)