Analysis of Summer Transfer requirements (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Yes

Zlatan €19 m
Vieira £13.7 (at the time it was equal to circa €20m)
We got Mutu for free because he was released from Chelsea
Emerson's transfer was a part-exchange deal. We bought him for €16 m but we sold them Matteo Brighi for €11.5 million (Moggi :D).
hm, interesting, so we actually made some profit from those deals.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Then why did Moggi win them all and get them all right?
Well, we all know he didn't. And the people who are complaining about Secco now were complaining about stingy ass moggi in the past.
I did and i understand that, at this particular time we could not avoid such experiments!
Therefore it is essential to maximize our efficiency and minimize our risks!
In order to do so, we should only take some "safe" risks,
using free/cheap players, unproven youngsters/etc, only/mostly as subs.
And spend the bulk of our available resources to starters!!
But we have only done this for Sissoko and thats because we were forced to do so!
It is time to start spending on starters now!!
So far we have only been investing to subs, but we cannot build a top quality team with free players, no one has ever done that and our current "triade" is not exactly, a group of brilliant football managers...:lol:
I don't think its only about avoiding those experiments but more about the club's direction in taking more risks with younger players. That was one of the main things that this board has advertise and they have stuck with it.

I agree with you that we need to step up the quality of the team in the summer but i don't think there will that much changes in the team. As Fred mentioned we will need to prioritise the gaps we have and act on them. Obviously the main gap will be neddy's and thats where most the attention will be. I think the other positions will be dependent on the players available and their demands.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Not impossible at all, seeing how he used a very nice 4-3-3 with Parma.

Rossi - Budan - Gasbarroni/Pisanu
(Cassano) - (Amauri) - (Del Piero/Giovinco)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's much easier to buy a good creative forward (Cassano or similar), than to buy a top class left winger (Silva, Ribery).

Cheaper option, too, which makes it that bit more likely.

Also with Camo becoming less and less reliable and Nedved retiring, there is no reason to stick to 4-4-2.

The change would certainly be a sensible decision.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
If we sign Cassano, that surely means we are changing the formation. Unless we plan on playing Seba in Nedved's spot, but Ranieri clearly doesn't rate Seba there.

Cassano would be cheaper than a creative winger, and the difference could strengthen other areas. €15-17m for Cassano, vs €25m+ for Silva, Ribery.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Buffon

Eboue - Zapata/Santacroce - Chiellini - De Ceglie

Camoranesi - Sissoko - Marchisio

Del Piero - Amauri - Cassano

Poulsen, Tiago, Giovinco, Trezeguet off the bench.

I don't mind that.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Priority is Nedved's replacement.
LB--Not very important. I will play PDC more instead of buying anyone because no LB other than Evra is good enough.
RB--Eboue because he can come free, which is Secco's type of deal.
RM--Ashley Young/Joaquin? I don't think there are any more realistic targets.
CB--Not important. Get Criscito or Ariaudo to play, and Andrade back to fitness.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Priority is Nedved's replacement.
LB--Not very important. I will play PDC more instead of buying anyone because no LB other than Evra is good enough.
RB--Eboue because he can come free, which is Secco's type of deal.
RM--Ashley Young/Joaquin? I don't think there are any more realistic targets.
CB--Not important. Get Criscito or Ariaudo to play, and Andrade back to fitness.
Good one. :lol:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
IMO areas of improvement for next season (in order):

LM-Silva/Diego (depending on what formation CR decides)-maybe Ribery:oops:
RB-Eboue (free)
CB-Criscito (free)-plus we have the high hopes on Ariaudo.
RM backup-anyone but Marchionni

It is hard to say what requirements will be needed because it all depends what formation we will play next season and honestly it could easily go either way with Nedved retiring and Camo slowly losing his steps.

Considering our financial difficulties we should take a gamble spending our budget on our Nedved replacement if we can guarantee Eboue for free and Criscito's return. I find it hard to believe that we would be the only ones that would go after Eboue knowing he is free so we should have a plan B if he doesn't come (a plan B that should not be Grygera). BUT if we "can" guarantee Eboue/Criscito for free than we would have plenty left over to go after a LB as well which to me isn't a priority just yet as other areas need major improvement first and foremost. Molinaro has slowly been improving but I wonder how much longer and how much more before he reaches his peak.

I say give DC a crack at the LB and see where we stand in terms of development. If he shows signs of a classly LB then we are set, if not then we know what we need for the next transfer window. I do not want to see our board stretch their finances too far/thin trying to maximize quantity over quality. (its not needed like it was last year)

If we have 45m to spend (just guessing from what I am reading here) plus a few sales/co-ownership deals we could have AT LEAST 55m to spend. With that money we could easily get Silva OR Diego plus a LB (Zhirkov) should DC not pan out to what we think he is capable of PLUS a freebie in Eboue and Criscito. Maybe even enough to get a better Camo sub.

Heres what I would like to see next year:

PLAN A:claire:

GK:Buffon, Manniger, cHimENtI
RB:Eboue, Zebina
CB:Chiellini, Criscito, Ariaudo, Legro, Mellberg
LB: DC, Molinaro
RM:Camoranesi, anyone but Marchionni
MC:Sissoko, Tiago, Marchisio
LM:Ribery, Gio
FC:Trez, Amauri, DP, IQ
OUT:Grygera, Poulsen, Marchionni plus sell our co-ownerships

PLAN B:martini:

GK:Buffon, Manniger, cHImEnTI
RB:Eboue, Zebina
CB:Chiellini, Criscito, Ariaudo, Legro, Mellberg
LB:Zhirkov, De Ceglie
RM:Camoranesi, anyone but you know who
MC:Sissoko, Tiago, Marchisio
LM:Silva/Diego (same costs), Gio
FC:Trez, Amauri, DP, IQ
OUT:Grygera, Poulsen, Marchionni plus our co-ownerships

The only reason why I did two different sets is because if by some miracle we landed Ribery's beautiful face in Turin that would most notably drain our transfer budget to the point of no return. Plan B is if Silva/Diego arrived we would (could) have enough for a LB (I just picked Zhirkov cuz I like him). Again, so much on what we will do depends on (A) if we even go after Eboue and (B) what formation we use. Based off of the money we all think we will be used for transfers there are many different scenarios but these are what I would like to see. There is no point going after a striker unless someone leaves and we dont spend the majority of ithe money on a striker. I think our offense will be fine for another year or two so lets bulk up our midfield and defense then when the time is right our offense.

I personally would rather see G.Rossi here instead of Cassano. We would be substituting one of our most treasured assets and impeccable captain with a tempormental loose cannon. Call me crazy, yes he is talented but its risky. DP needs someone to replace him that is just as classy on and off the field as he is.:delpiero:

OP
Lo-Pan

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
  • Thread Starter #197
    You're not too bright.
    I judge Amauri on the basis of what I have seen of him and also his strike rate. I will always prefer to see one creative player in attack alongside a player whose greatest use to the team is GOAL poaching, sniffing them out with the nose of a bloodhound...They aren't always the kind of players I like, but they are needed. I hated Inzaghi, but in the box, there were few others, around the era when he was in fine fettle, who could be relied upon, to not only get into as many goalscoring positions during a game, but also to make them count.

I like players who can score goals. Every team needs an out and out goalscorer, capable of hitting the back of the net as often as possible, against all levels of opposition.
    Firstly, David is older, by three years. Secondly, he has played for better teams, so it stands to reason that the service he has received has been better than what Amauri has had to contend with. But that works both ways. Bigger teams play in competitons, like the champions league, or latter stages of domestic cups, where the defences they face are tougher than in Serie B for example. Yes, David has played in Serie B also, but his strike rate was astronomically better than Amauri's efforts in the same league...though that can be countered with 'he had far better service'.

Still, the stats are more than numbers.

Career stats:
    Trezeguet Appearances-404 goals-221
    Amauri Appearances 207 Goals-58

So far from my reservations about Amauri showing a lack of understanding of the game, or of the players under my focus, they are rooted in a desire to win games. And I see Trezeguet as a greater asset when it comes to winning games.

Our team, without trezeguet, lacks an out and out goalscorer. its lacks goals.

juventino19

Nov 20, 2005
    The positions that we need to fill are a replacement for Nedved and hope and pray that Andrade does not get injured again this year. The replacement for Nedved should either be Diego or Cassano, and like somebody else said they would not be direct replacements but there would be a switch of formation. A 4-3-3 is perfect for this squad with the players we have, We have so many CM its not funny might as well make use of them, this way Giovinco will get more playing time in a more natural position and Cassano would fit right into the team or Diego. For me, a Chiellini-Andrade partnership would be great with Legro and Mellberg as subs....btw what kind of freebies are available this upcoming transfer window besides Eboue?

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
    Trez has the better scoring record without a shadow of a doubt, with valid reasons that you had already mentioned.

Beside being an all-round forward and a legitimate threat in the air, Amauri's work rate cannot be understated. Its the intangibles that he brings into the team. A classic example is the Catania match in which Poulsen scored a really late winner.

At the end of day, I'm juz glad to have both of them on board.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)