American NFL Football (16 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'm surprised as it was completely unnecessary under the circumstances.

Calling a through-the-middle pass play call like that from the one yard line is like calling a fake punt or fake field goal in that situation. You're gambling a high risk with the expectation that the element of surprise might payoff better than the expected outcome under the circumstances. But the expected outcome under the circumstances was that Seattle was going to play some form of conservative ball control offense and grind it in for the bowl-winning touchdown. Why mess with such an expected outcome?

The TV announcers in the booth were rightfully pointing out the Patriots' dilemma of whether to allow the touchdown and use as little of the clock so they could get the ball back in time to score again. In case we needed another veteran opinion on the expected outcome under the circumstances that Seattle faced on the 1 yard line.
did you see carroll's vid above?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
why are people so surprised he made that call, the very reason why everyone thought he should run it is why the pass call was actually a good one in theory.
you are forgetting hindsight is always 20/20, that's why.

Pats were off balance after that crazy catch by Kerse and had their heavy D formation. One can question that call day long but it wasn't as ridiculous as it may seem, given the circumstances.

In the end of the day, it's about making plays when it matters the most - if you have to go all rational there, Seahawks should have never been in that situation to begin with considering the Kerse catch had nothing rational about it.
One team made one play more than the other, that's what it comes down to - I don't see anyone giving the Pats that title in 2007/2008 due to the helmet catch on 4th and long (iirc).

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
you are forgetting hindsight is always 20/20, that's why.

Pats were off balance after that crazy catch by Kerse and had their heavy D formation. One can question that call day long but it wasn't as ridiculous as it may seem, given the circumstances.

In the end of the day, it's about making plays when it matters the most - if you have to go all rational there, Seahawks should have never been in that situation to begin with considering the Kerse catch had nothing rational about it.
One team made one play more than the other, that's what it comes down to - I don't see anyone giving the Pats that title in 2007/2008 due to the helmet catch on 4th and long (iirc).
exactly what i was thinking :agree: also congrats to you my man, quite possibly the last nfl dynasty

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
exactly what i was thinking :agree: also congrats to you my man, quite possibly the last nfl dynasty
thanks, X-y. Wish your Bears (who I have a soft spot for) all the best with the new regime.

Indeed - we are quite possibly witnessing a unique moment (more like 'times' :D) in sports history. Too bad so many people are butthurt with envy to truly appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

@acmilan Congrats, at least one of your teams won something this year. :D
thanks, fucker. :D

I am sure you are looking forward to next season as much as I am - #keepTheFaithInTheJedd :p

- - - Updated - - -

@X

I know you are a big fan of Gronk's, so here is something-something for your pleasure :D

https://vine.co/v/OtHFYl5a1xA

https://vine.co/v/OtqiHTpE9Yd

Even Lynch is like a nun compared to Gronk :lol:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Joe Montana envious of Brady. :howler: come on mang. That is ridiculous.

Very surprised by this stat ... Marshawn Lynch had 5 rushes from the 1-yard line this season for minus-1 yard and 1 TD, per @ESPNStatsInfo

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I want to thank Badass and RUS for their comments during the game. It was a pleasure to read and especially your thoughts on Katy Perry's different outfits were insightful. Thank you for making the Super Bowl better. It's a shame that two hardcore fans like you are too busy to comment during the regular season.
I only watched the first half just for the spectacle. I still think american football is dull as hell

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I think i like them now though :D who are the most Juve like club there is? If its even possible to answer that question.
Um. Funny you should ask. I asked the same question about two years ago when I was choosing a team and was told the steelers. I go for the 9ers, they are storied, best ever qb played for them. Up until last year they looked on track to really compete for a superbowl but the coming season has a lot of question marks due to a coaching change. Reminded me of the whole conte going allegri coming in. The pats have been very successful. Them and the cowboys are the most hated teams I'd say. Ala Juve.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I only watched the first half just for the spectacle. I still think american football is dull as hell
It's really not, but for us Europeans I think it has two problems:
1. There is too much time between downs. The game drags on for hours..
2. Downs can be over incredibly quick.

It's not a style of sports we are accustomed to. But the tactics, the athletic prowess of the players make it an interesting sport to watch IMO.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
bastard I had Lynch touchdown anytime and seahawks win double. even more pissed waking up this morning having watched till half time to hear about that fuck up from the seahawks
Milan cost me £33,000 by not beating Lazio last week so do not envy me :D was a 10 pound bet i backed 16 teams most were underdogs 15 won.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)