American NFL Football (47 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm not casting doubt on his greatness. I don't want to get into Montana comparisons like some, but Brady is hands-down the most clutch and most performing QB of his generation. Just that as far as MVP performances go, this wasn't one of the stronger ones I've seen.

Seattle's defense was perhaps the best he faced all season, but a couple of injuries and subs into the game (Jeremy Lane, Cliff Avril), it was clear Seattle's D wasn't at full strength anymore towards the end.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What you can give him credit for is putting the team in a position to win in those other two super bowl losses, and in this one, that ended up turning out favorably.

If he pulled a Manning in those other two super bowls and the team lost because of his pathetic showing, then by all means, he should be primarily accountable for those results.
So Brady going 29/48 for 266 yards and only 1 TD against the Giants was putting on a good showing? He put 14 points on the board. With Randy Moss. The Pats went into the game massive favourites, even to win in a blowout. They were undefeated. They were putting up over 30 points a game. And Brady completed 60%, at about 5.5 ypa, with 1 td, and fumbled in Giants territory. There's a reason the game is considered one of the biggest upsets in NFL history. Brady choked massively. That stat line is pathetic. :rofl:

And then the next Super Bowl against the Giants he put up 17 points. 17 points! He had a minute at the end to go down the field and score and instead threw 4 incomplete passes of the 6 attempts to lose the game. He didn't put a single point on the board in the 4th quarter. He also intentionally grounded the ball in his own end zone for the first safety in SB history, and then threw an interception in the 4th quarter. :rofl:

He choked massively in those 2 Superbowls. Just like Manning. I can't stand Manning, but don't act like Brady performed in the slightest in either of those Superbowls. The Pats lost those games entirely because their offense couldn't score. And considering the 2007 offense which broke numerous records scored 14 points in the Super Bowl against a wildcard team.... That's one of the most massive chokes of all time, alongside Peyton Manning last year.

Montana > Brady in the Super Bowl any day of the week. Montana had 4 basically perfect games.

Montana Super Bowl stats:
83-122 1142 Yds 11 TDs 0 Ints 127.8 Passer Rating 17 Rushes 105 yds 2 rushing TDs 0 Fumbles 0 Safeties taken

Brady Super Bowl stats:
164-247 1605 Yds 13 TDs 4 Ints 95.3 Passer Rating 6 rushes 11 yards 0 rushing TDs 2 Fumbles 1 Safety taken

Pretty obvious who is the better Super Bowl QB and it's by a massive margin.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So Brady going 29/48 for 266 yards and only 1 TD against the Giants was putting on a good showing? He put 14 points on the board. With Randy Moss. The Pats went into the game massive favourites, even to win in a blowout. They were undefeated. They were putting up over 30 points a game. And Brady completed 60%, at about 5.5 ypa, with 1 td, and fumbled in Giants territory. There's a reason the game is considered one of the biggest upsets in NFL history. Brady choked massively. That stat line is pathetic. :rofl:

And then the next Super Bowl against the Giants he put up 17 points. 17 points! He had a minute at the end to go down the field and score and instead threw 4 incomplete passes of the 6 attempts to lose the game. He didn't put a single point on the board in the 4th quarter. He also intentionally grounded the ball in his own end zone for the first safety in SB history, and then threw an interception in the 4th quarter. :rofl:

He choked massively in those 2 Superbowls. Just like Manning. I can't stand Manning, but don't act like Brady performed in the slightest in either of those Superbowls. The Pats lost those games entirely because their offense couldn't score. And considering the 2007 offense which broke numerous records scored 14 points in the Super Bowl against a wildcard team.... That's one of the most massive chokes of all time, alongside Peyton Manning last year.

Montana > Brady in the Super Bowl any day of the week. Montana had 4 basically perfect games.

Montana Super Bowl stats:
83-122 1142 Yds 11 TDs 0 Ints 127.8 Passer Rating 17 Rushes 105 yds 2 rushing TDs 0 Fumbles 0 Safeties taken

Brady Super Bowl stats:
164-247 1605 Yds 13 TDs 4 Ints 95.3 Passer Rating 6 rushes 11 yards 0 rushing TDs 2 Fumbles 1 Safety taken

Pretty obvious who is the better Super Bowl QB and it's by a massive margin.
It's not just about the super bowls though, of which Brady has gone to 6 (more than any other QB in history) , but his performances in the playoffs and in the regular season as well.

The entire picture, which is what I was referring to, puts Brady as probably the best QB of all time.

My opinion was not just based on Super Bowls alone. He has a higher career completion percentage, a much higher TD/INT ratio, a higher career QB rating.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh, and believe me, I LOVE the fact that so many people are jumping to Montana's defense here.

It's the best thing that has happened to me all day.

It does a 5 decade 49er fan proud :touched:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's not just about the super bowls though, of which Brady has gone to 6 (more than any other QB in history) , but his performances in the playoffs and in the regular season as well.

The entire picture, which is what I was referring to, puts Brady as probably the best QB of all time.

My opinion was not just based on Super Bowls alone. He has a higher career completion percentage, a much higher TD/INT ratio, a higher career QB rating.
Montana's better in every single measurable in the playoffs. Every single one. Completion %, YPA, TD/INT ratio/ QB Rating. Everything.

Montana also played in the 80s before the massive inflation of QB stats, due to more rules protecting QBs and receivers. There's a reason several guys in the league now can throw 40+ TD seasons, and 5000+ yards. Montana plays in this current era, his stats are easily at the same level as Brady's.

Aside from this. If Brady played in the 80s. That tuck rule bullshit call would never have happened for him, and poof, there goes one of his superbowls.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I will too only if you give my man Elway some love :D
Speaking of Elway and Montana, if you ever get the chance, check out the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary "From Elway to Marino, the 1983 draft".

Very, very interesting tidbit about John Elway and Joe Montana.

Put it this way, the entire history of the NFL in the 80's would have changed.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'm not casting doubt on his greatness. I don't want to get into Montana comparisons like some, but Brady is hands-down the most clutch and most performing QB of his generation. Just that as far as MVP performances go, this wasn't one of the stronger ones I've seen.

Seattle's defense was perhaps the best he faced all season, but a couple of injuries and subs into the game (Jeremy Lane, Cliff Avril), it was clear Seattle's D wasn't at full strength anymore towards the end.
fair enough

@Seven, are you also a 9er?

I got excited, I should follow this shit more closely next season.
you're a 9er fan?

Indeed you should. Joining the tuz fantasy league will be a decision you'll never regret. Unless you're a sour puss like acmilan, of course.
back to back champ biatches :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)