American NFL Football (44 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
@Dru

Who do you think Giants should pick?
The Giants need an athletic DE that is athletic enough to occasionally play standing up as a LB similar to Kiwanuka.

That player would be Michael Sam.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, now that I think about it Coughlin's late season drive to hurl us to 7 wins didn't help our draft position. I doubt we will land Sam. But I trust Jerry Reese and our scouting dept. They have built 2 championship winning rosters from the draft in the past 8 years.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, how many of you knew that Tre Mason is the son of Vincent Mason, otherwise known as DJ Maseo of De La Soul?

I certainly did not know this.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
peppers looks to be the pat kind of singing
not gonna give you any "guru" points there 'cause any player above 32 yo, well into the tail-end of his career, is "a pat kind of signing" :D

but yeah, probably 12-15 sacks for Peppers with the Pats next year :p

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
not gonna give you any "guru" points there 'cause any player above 32 yo, well into the tail-end of his career, is "a pat kind of signing" :D

but yeah, probably 12-15 sacks for Peppers with the Pats next year :p

if he stays healthy, change of scenery will do him good, and i am anything but a football guru, i leave that to you, sergio, enron, and dru :p

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Lol at the Niners taking Gabbert. THANK YOU!!!!!!!
that could be a good deal for them, depending on the contract they are taking over. Chances are, most of the guaranteed money have been paid off already by the Jags and Gabbert can't really afford not to renegotiate the rest with the 9ers. For a team that was looking for a back-up Qb and intended to draft one late in the 2014 draft anyway, getting Gabbert for a late 6th rounder was a good deal as it wasn't likely they'd have found a better rookie QB available there to begin with.
The Jags do get more than the nothing they were probably gonna end up with after cutting him but the sting of releasing their 10th pick after just what a couple of years is still there.

- - - Updated - - -

if he stays healthy, change of scenery will do him good, and i am anything but a football guru, i leave that to you, sergio, enron, and dru :p
:D

true except those others are just wanna-be pretenders :stuckup:

speaking of Sergio, where is he to tell us how great a pick-up Gabbert is and how he is gonna tear it all up in red and gold :D

Jul 10, 2006
that could be a good deal for them, depending on the contract they are taking over. Chances are, most of the guaranteed money have been paid off already by the Jags and Gabbert can't really afford not to renegotiate the rest with the 9ers. For a team that was looking for a back-up Qb and intended to draft one late in the 2014 draft anyway, getting Gabbert for a late 6th rounder was a good deal as it wasn't likely they'd have found a better rookie QB available there to begin with.
The Jags do get more than the nothing they were probably gonna end up with after cutting him but the sting of releasing their 10th pick after just what a couple of years is still there.

- - - Updated - - -

speaking of Sergio, where is he to tell us how great a pick-up Gabbert is and how he is gonna tear it all up in red and gold :D
Good luck with that. You better hope Kaep never gets hurt. Gabbert is garbage. I'm glad we got something out of him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Blaine GAAAABBBBBBEERRRRTT!
Also bye bye Dante Hitler...:(
Relax on both fronts, @Salvo.

Gabbert is a back up QB for a 6th round pick. That is all he's going to be. No better, no worse than Colt McCoy, and most of Gabbert's rookie contract has already been paid, and they are currently renegotiatiing the final year to bring the salary closer to 1 million this year. The Niners have 11 other draft picks.

Bethea at 4 years 23 million = Whitner 4 years at 28 million, and Whitner got much more guaranteed money than Bethea. Bethea doesn't get ridiculous unnecessary roughness penalties the way that Whitner did.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I never liked Blaine Gabbert. I think I said something along the lines of that I would kill myself if they had drafted him a few years ago.

EDIT- Bethea's contract is 4 years, 21 million, with 8 million guaranteed. Whitner's contract is 4 years 28 million with 13 million guaranteed.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Johnathan Martin to the 49ers.
Yeah, I saw that. It was either going to be the Colts or the 49ers, for obvious reasons (Stanford Connections). 49ers basically gave up nothing to get him. Maybe in the right enviroment he can be a solid back up OT to Staley and Davis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)