American NFL Football (19 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, for one, it's not really up to me on Browner :D ... yeah, i agree that he was helped by the presence of Sherman and the safeties of that secondary but think that's what the Pats may be trying to recreate at NE (guess that drubbing of Manning in the Sb must have left a lasting impression in BB's mind). Browner without Revis would have been a desperate call that a team like Cowboys you'd expect to make, with Revis already on, however, I think that would be a diff story. And there is also McCorty to play the role of Thomas. Would just need a proper SS (draft) to emulate the physicality of the Seattle secondary, for which the Pats simply don't have the players on the roster right now. Also, they may be interested in Browner as an option at SS, given his physique. Either way, at this point, it's just a visit.

As for DRC to the Pats, that would be swell but with revis on a 1-year deal (12 mil cap hit this year) they don't have the cap room for another relatively big investment at CB. With the way the market has gone and the good year DRC had last season, I doubt he's have much trouble finding a 3-4 year deal, worth 8-9 mil a pop. That's just out of the question for the Pats now and if they were to bring in another CB (seems they are looking for the big, physical kind) it would have to be a player whose market value is low i.e. some off-field issues or is on the decline (A. Chromartie). And not many Cbs out there who fit the profile, hence why Browner is being looked at.

As for the 9ers, they don't seem to have too many needs for vet free agents outside of CB and can fill their other needs from the draft. So, 17 mil should be enough to get you one big money CB (Brown, DRC) and possibly a cheaper vet like A Crow ... and then ensure the future with the draft.
I hope to see Steve Smith with the Pats; not sure the 9ers need him after bringing Boldin back but guess if the price is right, won't hurt..

- - - Updated - - -

good thing he didn't go to the Colts 'cause that would have made them an even bigger player in AFC.
I can watch Geno forcing throws to Decker with Revis covering all day long. Only thing I'd have to worry about would be the popcorn. :D
They could use him in the slot. He has probably lost a step but can most likely still outrun a lot of the free safties out there. I guess it really depends on Quinton Patton's progress this year and what they do in the draft. With 6 potential picks in the first 3 rounds, they have to address the WR and CB with at least a couple of these picks. The more weapons that Kaepernick can have the better. An arsenal of Crabtree, Boldin, Steve Smith, and Vernon Davis would even make Tom Brady jealous :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
They could use him in the slot. He has probably lost a step but can most likely still outrun a lot of the free safties out there. I guess it really depends on Quinton Patton's progress this year and what they do in the draft. With 6 potential picks in the first 3 rounds, they have to address the WR and CB with at least a couple of these picks. The more weapons that Kaepernick can have the better. An arsenal of Crabtree, Boldin, Steve Smith, and Vernon Davis would even make Tom Brady jealous :D
At this point, the Raiders' and Jets' WR core is plenty enough to make Brady jealous, so that's not saying much :p

The 9ers would do great to look at Brandin Cooks, I think he is exactly the type of WR they need (eg Steve Smith) but would require a 1st round pick. Then later they can get a long-term replacement for Boldin in A. Robinson or Davanate Adams, for example, if you guys are so WR hungry. It's a deep Wr class this year. Patton is himself a very good player and could well become a factor as early as this year.
CB class is pretty deep too, so with those 1-3rd round picks you can double-dip at both CB and WR.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
At this point, the Raiders' and Jets' WR core is plenty enough to make Brady jealous, so that's not saying much :p

The 9ers would do great to look at Brandin Cooks, I think he is exactly the type of WR they need (eg Steve Smith) but would require a 1st round pick. Then later they can get a long-term replacement for Boldin in A. Robinson or Davanate Adams, for example, if you guys are so WR hungry. It's a deep Wr class this year. Patton is himself a very good player and could well become a factor as early as this year.
CB class is pretty deep too, so with those 1-3rd round picks you can double-dip at both CB and WR.

here's my issue with Brandin Cooks. Before the combine, he was nowhere near projected as a late 1st round pick. And for soemone blessed with his speed, he never really looked as though he were a home run threat. Being a USC guy, I had a chance to watch him play a few times in college, but never really stood out. Using 2 of their first 3 picks on WR isn't something that I'm so sure that I would want to have happen.

Now Marquise Lee, that's my guy for obvious reasons :D. He is explosive, and I know that at his pro day he's going to run better than a 4.52, which basically takes the Niners totally out of the running unless they make a serious move to trade up. Even with his injuries last year the guy averaged nearly 14 yards a catch

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
here's my issue with Brandin Cooks. Before the combine, he was nowhere near projected as a late 1st round pick. And for soemone blessed with his speed, he never really looked as though he were a home run threat. Being a USC guy, I had a chance to watch him play a few times in college, but never really stood out. Using 2 of their first 3 picks on WR isn't something that I'm so sure that I would want to have happen.

Now Marquise Lee, that's my guy for obvious reasons :D. He is explosive, and I know that at his pro day he's going to run better than a 4.52, which basically takes the Niners totally out of the running unless they make a serious move to trade up. Even with his injuries last year the guy averaged nearly 14 yards a catch
I always had a high opinion of Cooks, and judging by grades given to him by others, I don't think the combine created a hype around him that wasn't already there and mostly just confirmed him as a fringe 1-2 rounder. If anything, I think Watkins and Beckham are being overhyped and expect them to not live up to the expectations at the NFl level.

M. Lee is my fav of the WR class this year - has Reggie Wayne written all over him, imo - but he'd probably require trading up and I am not sure he'd be the deep-threat WR the 9ers need to complement Crabtree; Lee is more of another Crabtree for me, which would create redundancy in the WR core for the 9ers.

Jarvis Landry could be one of the best values in the draft, imo. He had a bad combine (injury, iirc) but is one of my fa WR this year. Was potentially a 1-2 fringe player, now may fall to the 3rd (last year's Keenan Allen, basically)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I always had a high opinion of Cooks, and judging by grades given to him by others, I don't think the combine created a hype around him that wasn't already there and mostly just confirmed him as a fringe 1-2 rounder. If anything, I think Watkins and Beckham are being overhyped and expect them to not live up to the expectations at the NFl level.

M. Lee is my fav of the WR class this year - has Reggie Wayne written all over him, imo - but he'd probably require trading up and I am not sure he'd be the deep-threat WR the 9ers need to complement Crabtree; Lee is more of another Crabtree for me, which would create redundancy in the WR core for the 9ers.

Jarvis Landry could be one of the best values in the draft, imo. He had a bad combine (injury, iirc) but is one of my fa WR this year. Was potentially a 1-2 fringe player, now may fall to the 3rd (last year's Keenan Allen, basically)
Lee is much more of a downfield threat than Crabtree was coming out of college. Lee was also an all world kick returner in college as well. Dude is explosive as hell.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Lee is much more of a downfield threat than Crabtree was coming out of college. Lee was also an all world kick returner in college as well. Dude is explosive as hell.
agree that Lee is more of a downfield threat than crabtree but that's not his bread-and-butter, so to speak ... it's just what makes him such a well-balanced player. imo, with crabtree and boldin on, you'd benefit the most out of finding your ty hilton (a player like cooks, for example). Leave Marqise Lee to the Pats :p ... even if it may well be the stupid Jets to take him :(

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
3rd round comp pick :D 6 picks in the top 100 :D
Well, you guys better make good use of those 'cause the years of team building without having to pay a shitload of moneys to your QB are gonna be over pretty soon.
Thunder stolen back. :p

- - - Updated - - -

ßöмßäяðîëя;4487316 said:
Wait, what happened?

I don't know, maybe Johnny Football!
That's Browner jacking up Welker in a 2012 game. Pats got Browner and Wes and Denver are visiting Foxboro in 2014, for a happy reunion between them best pals. That's pretty much it for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck no. That kid has bust written all over him.
You guys can always have Mallett but it's gonna cost you that 2nd rounder, for starters. Quite possibly much better value than taking any of this year's QBs with that 1st pick though.

#patswannabes #faketriots :D

- - - Updated - - -

C'mon Jim. You can pull through this, pal. You tough as nails SOB. Pull through this.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...uarterback-set-more-surgery-aggressive-cancer
:xfinger: for a happy ending

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, you guys better make good use of those 'cause the years of team building without having to pay a shitload of moneys to your QB are gonna be over pretty soon.
Thunder stolen back. :p
They'll be fine. They'll figure it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck no. That kid has bust written all over him.
I don't think I see the Texans taking aQB with their #1 pick now. A month ago, I figured it would be Blake Bortles, but now I'm thinking that they will go with Jadaveon Clowney.

One thing about Bill O'Brien, he knows how to work with QB's. It's because of him that Matt McGloin even has a job in the NFL.

Sleeper pick for the Texans in the 3rd round, maybe even the 2nd depending on how the QB's fall in the first.

Jimmy Garoppolo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)