American NFL Football (9 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Would love to get him with our first then. I wonder if we will trade up. Surely we will get a solid ILB with Bowman out?
It may well be an in-house solution to the LB problem (Skuta or Wilhoite). drafting one early wouldn't be worth it and a late pick likely wouldn't be a difference-maker in the short run.
Verett in the first sounds about right. Fuller and Robi would be other alternatives. It's a pretty deep CB class.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So desean has been released...

Don't want him. Not worth the hassle. They don't have the cap space to give him the money he wants, and even if they did, they wouldn't touch him. He had those types of numbers in an offense that far and away led the NFL in plays per game. That's not the way the Niners operate. What does it tell you when the Eagles now have Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin, who is coming back from a season long injury last year, and yet they still release Jackson anyway?

He'll go to a team like Carolina that is absolutely desperate for a WR.

And Chris Culliver is a damn fool. I bet you the cyclist he hit was gay. That would just have everything come full circle

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
@King of Wimps and Whims :p
Serge, it's come to my attention that there is a vote on nfl.com about the greatest QB ever. Don't forget to cast your vote and make sure tom Terrific doesn't get the nod :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, draft time is almost a month away, and I'm torn on who I think the Niners should take in the first round, CB, WR, WR, CB. They could use help at both but with Crabtree healthy from the beginning, the need might not be as great at WR. OF course I'm starting to see mock drafts with the Niners possibly looking at Benjamin from Florida State, but I think he might be too similar to Boldin. They need someone to stretch the field, but they rarely play 3 and 4 WR sets, preferring to go with a 2 man TE set for the most part, which means that Vance McDonald needs to step up this year. I had a feeling that they would miss Delanie Walker last year, and they certainly did.

That CB position scares the hell out of me though. Culliver, Cox, Wright, and I don't even remember who else. Oh my. I'd like to see Verret but who even knows if he will be there at #30, even though he's grading out right now as a low 2nd round pick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)