American NFL Football (44 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
@acmilan

How many of those players on offense were brought in by Jim Harbaugh when he took over the 49ers 2 years ago?

Give up?

Ready for this?

Zero

Nada

None

The entire offensive starting XI, and including Delanie Walker as the 2nd TE, were holdovers from the 2010-2011 season. The only addition was Kendall Hunter.

Tom Brady takes the 2010-2011 49ers very, very deep into the playoffs.
and I will answer with another Q - who was coaching all those talented players before Harbough? Not Harbough, I take it ... There is more than one piece to every puzzle, Mr. Harper :p ... and in this case, the two most important ones are the coach(including a proper GM) and a proper QB. You have those two and you are a contender, you missing just one, no need for both, and you know what pre-Harbaugh 9ers fans felt like :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I buy what Sergio is selling here. 8-8 in 2009, 6-10 in 2010 with the Smith bros revolving QB situation, and a bit of a Singletary meltdown. Inject a mature Brady into that lineup, and he could be responsible for the majority of the in-game play calling; take Jimmy Raye mostly out of the equation, and that's a big part of the problem removed right away.

Brady just makes everybody around him so much better. He could have taken that 2010 9ers team deep into the playoffs, I think that's very plausible.

TB -> VD would also be sick.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Reid knows what he's doing. He'll take Kansas pretty far in the playoffs imo. Great coach, just had some shitty luck/not good enough players and towards the end he lost the plot.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He's good, but not ready to start right away. Has a tendency to get stuck on his first read and doesn't use his legs enough to get out of trouble. Would rather sit in the pocket too long.

I think he tries too hard to shed the stigma of a running quarterback.
If you have the tools, use them. I think that once he does a better job of reading his progressions, he will be just fine.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
No details out yet but seems the Ravens have made Flacco the most expensive QB in history. Considering they didn't have much cap-space to begin with, that should make it pretty tough on them to keep quite a few of their best players.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
They must think that AP is going to run them into the playoffs again. But no QB and no passing game will leave them finishing last place in the division

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Percy Harvin traded to Seattle.

Not Good.

At All.
See, this is what I wanted us to do. Seattle paid a lot (I was hoping Minny would want Alex), but the 'risk' is going to be well worth it. This fucking guy is such a competitor, got to admit, I'm jealous of this move. It sounds like a latish 1, a mid-round pick next year, and the 7 from 2013? Something like that, and well worth it.

Percy is a fucking beast. That Seattle offense is going to be scary if Wilson's development continues. The West is very far from a push over division anymore, San Fran and Seattle are definitely two of the best, and St. Louis could improve very quickly. They have got to get some receivers going though, re-sign Amendola and hit up Greg Jennings... something like that.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Is Minnesota historically the dumbest team when making trades?
For getting a 1st rounder and more for a player with health and character issues looking for a monster contract, who they were obviously always gonna get rid of?

I'd say no - now they can spend that extra 1st rounder on Austin, unless the Bears beat them to him. Either way, Harvin was a goner.

- - - Updated - - -

That's retarded. Might as well just give him to the 49ers.:lol:
one would think they could have gotten something more than a 6th rounder from a team that is basically drowning in picks this year but then again he is gonna be 33 this season.

Makes sense for the Ravens if they couldn't hold onto Boldin to at least get him out of the AFC and not many teams out there with the salary cap space than could afford a 33 yo WR on those terms, right now.

Good pick up by the 49ers too, great even considering the price they paid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)