American NFL Football (20 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Niners or pats apparently.
I read that as well. Rumors are circulating that because Ed Reed signed with the same sports agency that Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh are being represented by, that the 49ers are a strong possibility now.

For what it's worth, I would rather they re-sign Goldson.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It's 4:00.

Let the silly season begin

- - - Updated - - -

Here is what I've heard so far. Not yet confirmed

Paul Kreuger DE/OLB Ravens to Browns
D'Angelo Hall CB Redskins to Lions (lions are saying it's false)
Reggie Bush RB Dolphins to Lions
Martellus Bennett TE Giants to Bears
Anthony Fasano TE Dolphins to Chiefs (Confirmed. 4 year deal)
Mike Wallace WR Steelers to Dolphins (Rumored deal 5 years/ 65 million, with 30 million guaranteed)
Dashon Goldson FS 49ers to Buccaneers
Delanie Walker TE 49ers to Titans
Isaac Sopoaga DT 49ers to Eagles

Darelle Revis, if traded, most likely going to Buccaneers as well

Reed to San Francisco most likely will not happen. Smokescreen created to generate interest and increase the asking price.

Mario Manningham likely to be released if contract is not restructured.

Ryan Fitzpatrick Released by Buffalo

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
It's 4:00.

Let the silly season begin

- - - Updated - - -

Here is what I've heard so far. Not yet confirmed

Paul Kreuger DE/OLB Ravens to Browns
D'Angelo Hall CB Redskins to Lions (lions are saying it's false)
Reggie Bush RB Dolphins to Lions
Martellus Bennett TE Giants to Bears
Anthony Fasano TE Dolphins to Chiefs (Confirmed. 4 year deal)
Mike Wallace WR Steelers to Dolphins (Rumored deal 5 years/ 65 million, with 30 million guaranteed)
Dashon Goldson FS 49ers to Buccaneers
Delanie Walker TE 49ers to Titans
Isaac Sopoaga DT 49ers to Eagles

Darelle Revis, if traded, most likely going to Buccaneers as well

Reed to San Francisco most likely will not happen. Smokescreen created to generate interest and increase the asking price.

Mario Manningham likely to be released if contract is not restructured.
Yuck. I want all of those boys back!

With Nnamdi's release, and his familiarity with the Bay area, I wonder if the 9 is interested at all?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yuck. I want all of those boys back!

With Nnamdi's release, and his familiarity with the Bay area, I wonder if the 9 is interested at all?
The only one that concerns me is Goldson, depending on what they do in Free Agency to replace him. The guy I want is Louis Delmas from Detroit, if he is healthy.

As far as the other two, meh. Sopoaga is declining, and at the end of the day, as nice of a backup Walker is, he's still a backup. They can find a replacement for him with one of the 14 draft picks they have.

Nnamdi is toast, in my opinion. No better than Rogers at this point and certainly not better than Terelle Brown. If they are going to go after a CB, there are only two that I'm interested in. Sean Smith from Miami, or Brent Grimes from Atlanta, provided that he is healthy.

*********************************EARLY DRAFT PREDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!********************************

Pick # 31- Datone Jones DE UCLA
Pick # 34- Margus Hunt DE SMU

- - - Updated - - -

Josh Cribbs to Arizona

Delanie Walker to Tennessee

Both are official

- - - Updated - - -

Kansas City has so much faith in Alex Smith that they just signed Chase Daniel to a 3 year contract

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
The only one that concerns me is Goldson, depending on what they do in Free Agency to replace him. The guy I want is Louis Delmas from Detroit, if he is healthy.

As far as the other two, meh. Sopoaga is declining, and at the end of the day, as nice of a backup Walker is, he's still a backup. They can find a replacement for him with one of the 14 draft picks they have.

Nnamdi is toast, in my opinion. No better than Rogers at this point and certainly not better than Terelle Brown. If they are going to go after a CB, there are only two that I'm interested in. Sean Smith from Miami, or Brent Grimes from Atlanta, provided that he is healthy.
Yeah, Sopoaga is declining, but our defensive front already needed a bit of reinforcing - plus, I just like the guy's style. Love those jumbo packages :)

Too bad about Walker. He helped quite a bit with our versatility, a great blocker too (nice to have Crab and Boldin chipping in at WR for this).

But our All-Pro is clearly the big guy - very interested to see what happens with DG.

I think they definitely should be going after a CB, I haven't seen a ton of Smith, but what I have :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Leave this to me, please. I reported it 40 minutes ago
Hey guys, I just heard Mike Wallace may be going to the Dolphins. Let me just check with my super secret inside sources, and I'll get back to you.

Yup, Wallace to the Dolphins.

:D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah, Sopoaga is declining, but our defensive front already needed a bit of reinforcing - plus, I just like the guy's style. Love those jumbo packages :)

Too bad about Walker. He helped quite a bit with our versatility, a great blocker too (nice to have Crab and Boldin chipping in at WR for this).

But our All-Pro is clearly the big guy - very interested to see what happens with DG.

I think they definitely should be going after a CB, I haven't seen a ton of Smith, but what I have :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, I just heard Mike Wallace may be going to the Dolphins. Let me just check with my super secret inside sources, and I'll get back to you.

Yup, Wallace to the Dolphins.

:D
The draft will take care of the DL depth this year. Which was why I predicted two defensive linemen with their first two picks.

Walker is a good player, but for a guy in his free agent year to have 11 dropped passes, that doesn't speak too highly of him. He can be replaced, and he will. Probably in the third round with the kid from San Diego State (Gavin Escobar) if he is available.

Goldson wants at least 8 million per year.

Thanks, but no thanks. As much of a hitter as he is, not for that money. No way, no how.

- - - Updated - - -

Dolphins just signed Dannell Ellerbee.

Baltimore could be in a world of trouble.

Dolphins are also very close to signing Jared Cook as well.

Tannehill is going to have a ton of weapons next year.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
The draft will take care of the DL depth this year. Which was why I predicted two defensive linemen with their first two picks.

Walker is a good player, but for a guy in his free agent year to have 11 dropped passes, that doesn't speak too highly of him. He can be replaced, and he will. Probably in the third round with the kid from San Diego State (Gavin Escobar) if he is available.

Goldson wants at least 8 million per year.

Thanks, but no thanks. As much of a hitter as he is, not for that money. No way, no how.
Yeah, I'm not too surprised about the $, All-Pro and all, but I guess once you get into the cap logistics it gets complicated quickly. A lot of money locked up in that defense, and that's a ton of cash over a long term deal - which our coach has already said he deserves.

I haven't read a single report/rumour yet that anticipates Goldson returning, and given this isn't the first time we've been in this situation with the player, kind of have to assume he's gone. It's going to be tricky to replace that presence, good that Whitner can still bring it, and is a very solid tackler.

Will be interesting to see if we do double down on the D-line - ended up working out pretty well on the other side of the ball, although obviously a difference in the inherent value of those picks.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
My early "I'm spending money like it's my last day on earth, so fuck it, let me light my cigar with a 100.00 bill, because you can't take it with you when you die, regardless of how stupid it seems" award

goes to the Indianapolis Colts.

What the hell are they doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I'm not too surprised about the $, All-Pro and all, but I guess once you get into the cap logistics it gets complicated quickly. A lot of money locked up in that defense, and that's a ton of cash over a long term deal - which our coach has already said he deserves.

I haven't read a single report/rumour yet that anticipates Goldson returning, and given this isn't the first time we've been in this situation with the player, kind of have to assume he's gone. It's going to be tricky to replace that presence, good that Whitner can still bring it, and is a very solid tackler.

Will be interesting to see if we do double down on the D-line - ended up working out pretty well on the other side of the ball, although obviously a difference in the inherent value of those picks.

Look for a stopgap solution this year, and I predict that they will draft a safety in the 4th round for the future.

The last two safeties drafted in the 4th round by the 49ers? Dashon Goldson and Lance Schulters. Both pro-bowlers.

My prediction? Because I knew you were going to ask me.

T.J. McDonald USC

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Texans just release Kevin Walter. I love that guy, but he's not a number two and his contract is too much.

Hopefully this means we're looking to draft a wide out in the first round.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Texans just release Kevin Walter. I love that guy, but he's not a number two and his contract is too much.

Hopefully this means we're looking to draft a wide out in the first round.
Don't be shocked,just saying, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Wes Welker

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Wes Welker
I'd kiss you if that happened.

- - - Updated - - -

How much cap space do we have? Did Boldin take up a lot of whatever is left?
You guys have a bunch (comparably), which is why you were able to take Boldins 7something cap hit.

I'm interested to see what happens with the Colts.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

Wes Welker
that would be a possibility but I see the Texans go for Austin or Hopkins in the 1st. Bears and Minny are possible rivals for Austin but they probably go OL and Defense, respectively. If there is a team I see go for Austin before Texans, that would be Minny with the newly acquired 1st rounder from Seattle.

IIRC, Texans don't have much cap room and need to get a S and CB, or two and LBs and WRs, etc. So a free agent like Welker would probably push them too far. Time will tell though.

Wallace to Miami is good news - would force BB to actually shore up that secondary, finally ... don't think Wallace would work out well for them though.

8 mil for Goldson is indeed too much. Good player but not as good as that. Goldson walking = San Fran goes S or CB in 1st, imo. Then use the Chiefs early 2nd on someone like Kawaan Short or Jesse Williams; D. Jones ain't making it pass Atlanta, Pats or a bunch of other teams in the 1st, imo, actually, I don't think he falls beyond 25, tbh.

Kruger to Browns holly crap :sergio: - Colts would have been a much better fit and they have the money to do it. Wonder what may have been the issue there - looked like a perfect fit for the Colts with the former Ravens DC now their HC.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
wow, Miami have also gotten Ellerbe from Ravens - he was one player the Ravens were looked to make a priority to lock up with a long-term deal. Don't know if Kruger to Browns was a done deal but missing out on Ellerbe could allow the Ravens resign Kruger instead as they couldn't keep both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)