American NFL Football (22 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
so does he get your endorsement?
Wouldn't have been my first choice, but his work with offenses and especially quarterbacks is very impressive. He is a disciple of Mike Holmgren and Mike Shanahan. Steve young had some great numbers with Trestman as the OC, when Young was healthy, that is.

Put it this way. The aforementioned hall of fame quarterback strongly endorses the move. For what it's worth.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
don't know about endorsement but of all the people the bears have been linked with over the past couple of weeks or so, Trestman and Ariens looked like the best options to me. That doesn't mean it's not a risky choice and for me it will either be seen as a stroke of genius or could lead to a new Bears GM in a year.

The Bears have a good base to build onto, especially compared to other teams that fired a coach, so anything less than a 9-7 or 10-6 record will likely be seen as a step back from Lovie, imo, even in Trestman's 1st season. Remains to be seen if he will be up for it.

But first things first - shore up that O-line :p
i woulda taken mc coy, and it soudns like someone read the peiece on him on espn :p

Wouldn't have been my first choice, but his work with offenses and especially quarterbacks is very impressive. He is a disciple of Mike Holmgren and Mike Shanahan. Steve young had some great numbers with Trestman as the OC, when Young was healthy, that is.

Put it this way. The aforementioned hall of fame quarterback strongly endorses the move. For what it's worth.
i put more weight on a sarge endorsement, for what it's worth

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Interesting tidbit.

Kaepernick beat two NFL MVP's this season in the span of a month, and beat three Super Bowl MVP's this season, two of them on the road

@acmilan Thank you for your response
no problem :tup: ... probably what you wanted to hear too :D

I agree that Kaep has had some great outings thus far but he's also shown he can be a rookie too - his very high ceiling doesn't necessarily imply consistency too. The good news for the 9ers is that they don't need him to have another record-breaking performance in order for them to beat the falcons in an away game, at least that's my opinion of it ... he just needs to have a solid game, take care of the ball and avoid rookie mistakes and meltdowns as that for me is the only way the falcons have a shot in this game. Can he handle that? I believe he can but there are no guarantees for that in an away play-off game.

- - - Updated - - -

i woulda taken mc coy, and it soudns like someone read the peiece on him on espn :p
what do you mean? I just saw that he and kelly had been hired :confused:

don't know about McCoy - Peyton always makes his OCs look great and I am not sure who was really the OC there, tbh. Once it became clear the Bears weren't going for someone like Gruden, Cowher, Dungy, etc, it was always gonna be a high-risk choice, no matter who they went with. I just think this guy and Ariens had at least shown they could do the HC job even if in the CFL and an interim role, respectively.

- - - Updated - - -

Oregon must be fucked.
well, they for sure aint happy :) . Just wonder how much does Kelly's change of heart had to do with possible NCAA sanctions? And maybe Oregon are hoping to soften a possible blow too.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Gus Bradley is the new coach of the Jaguars, which is good news for us 49ers fans as everyone thought that Jacksonville would wait for Greg Roman

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
kelly to eagles! prolly means vick stays

im not even gonna talk about the bears' appt...
The Eagles won't keep Vick because he's too expensive. They can easily find the future through the draft that can run Kelly's offense. Keep in mind that Foles played under Rich Rod system at Arizona so he could fit well still.

The best part about it all is that Dallas hired Kiffin whose defense at USC allowed obscenely disgusting #'s to Kelly's Ducks. Philly trolled the ish out of Dallas :lol:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The Eagles won't keep Vick because he's too expensive. They can easily find the future through the draft that can run Kelly's offense. Keep in mind that Foles played under Rich Rod system at Arizona so he could fit well still.

The best part about it all is that Dallas hired Kiffin whose defense at USC allowed obscenely disgusting #'s to Kelly's Ducks. Philly trolled the ish out of Dallas :lol:
Foles never played under Rich Rod.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Dru with the walk off

- - - Updated - - -

Foles never played under Rich Rod.
E throwing the red flag

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I think Rich Rod was there for the last month of Foles senior year. But I doubt he picked up much read-option.

Still Chip Kelly could do alright with him. Or draft EJ Manuel/Matt Scott as a project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)