American NFL Football (16 Viewers)

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
As long as we don't go into this game over confident and we break that nasty WWL trend we have going and we'll be fine. This is our year. :agree:

over at 49erswebzone.com all the posters seem way overconfident. Same with last year just because we had beat the Giants in the regular season.

Harbs got this. :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

reading through this thread, and damn, I hope Atlanta put a spy on Kaep. Cause that will totally work. :howler:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The Niners this year are both capable of beating the best and getting blown out at the same time. They're a bit inconsistent, IMO.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
As long as we don't go into this game over confident and we break that nasty WWL trend we have going and we'll be fine. This is our year. :agree:

over at 49erswebzone.com all the posters seem way overconfident. Same with last year just because we had beat the Giants in the regular season.

Harbs got this. :agree:

- - - Updated - - -

reading through this thread, and damn, I hope Atlanta put a spy on Kaep. Cause that will totally work. :howler:

If they don't put a spy on him, expect Atlanta to play a lot more zone defense. Most of Kaep's big runs against Green Bay came when they were playing man to man defense

- - - Updated - - -

If the Niners can get a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith, do it. And do it now.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
If they don't put a spy on him, expect Atlanta to play a lot more zone defense. Most of Kaep's big runs against Green Bay came when they were playing man to man defense

- - - Updated - - -

If the Niners can get a 2nd round pick for Alex Smith, do it. And do it now.
how good are Atlanta's cbs? I didn't see Atltanta play this year, but Kaep can beat you with his arm too. And the past two games, I've started to see more types of throws from Kaep too.

As for Smith, I think we'll let him go to FA. I think the best destination for Alex would be the Chiefs or the jets.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
how good are Atlanta's cbs? I didn't see Atltanta play this year, but Kaep can beat you with his arm too. And the past two games, I've started to see more types of throws from Kaep too.

As for Smith, I think we'll let him go to FA. I think the best destination for Alex would be the Chiefs or the jets.
Asante Samuel and Dunta Robinson. Solid CB's but they are both gamblers on the outside. At least with Moss and Crabtree, the Niners will have a size advantage.

So, do you still think it was a mistake for Harbaugh to go with Kaepernick? :D

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was Dru that asked me what I thought of Kaepernick when they drafted him. I have to find that post now

- - - Updated - - -

I actually love the pick. Great size, arm, mobility, poise. Him playing in the pistol offense doesn't bother me, as the majority of the quarterbacks in this draft haven't played in a pro style offense. He was moving up the boards and was projected as a late first or early second round pick. This is one of the players I mentioned to Rollie a few days ago as one of the players I wanted. I like him a lot better than aldon smith in the first round and some kid I've never heard of in the third round.
And here it is.

Just...................................................ignore the Aldon Smith part. Just forget that I ever said that.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Asante Samuel and Dunta Robinson. Solid CB's but they are both gamblers on the outside. At least with Moss and Crabtree, the Niners will have a size advantage.

So, do you still think it was a mistake for Harbaugh to go with Kaepernick? :D

- - - Updated - - -

I think it was Dru that asked me what I thought of Kaepernick when they drafted him. I have to find that post now

- - - Updated - - -

And here it is.

Just...................................................ignore the Aldon Smith part. Just forget that I ever said that.
Like I told the people I was watching the game with, I will now shut my dirty mouth about Kaep not being ready to lead this team. :agree: Best QB performance by a Niner I've seen in a looong time. Sorry Alex, best of luck to ya and hope you land on a competitive team as a starter.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oregon must be fucked.
Oh Yeah. Big time. Couldn't happen to a better program

- - - Updated - - -

I thought Sergio "choking on his steak" was pretty entertaining too. :klin: :D
Ass

- - - Updated - - -

kelly to eagles! prolly means vick stays

im not even gonna talk about the bears' appt...

Maybe, maybe not. If you are implying that a read option offense will be installed, you need a quarterback who can read a defense. The next time Vick reads a defense will be the first time.

I will say this about Trestman, he is a great offensive mind. He hired someone from New Orleans to be his offensive coordinator/offensive line coach, and NFL Radio have been praising that particular hiring.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Oh Yeah. Big time. Couldn't happen to a better program

- - - Updated - - -Ass

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, maybe not. If you are implying that a read option offense will be installed, you need a quarterback who can read a defense. The next time Vick reads a defense will be the first time.

I will say this about Trestman, he is a great offensive mind. He hired someone from New Orleans to be his offensive coordinator/offensive line coach, and NFL Radio have been praising that particular hiring.
so does he get your endorsement?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
so does he get your endorsement?
don't know about endorsement but of all the people the bears have been linked with over the past couple of weeks or so, Trestman and Ariens looked like the best options to me. That doesn't mean it's not a risky choice and for me it will either be seen as a stroke of genius or could lead to a new Bears GM in a year.

The Bears have a good base to build onto, especially compared to other teams that fired a coach, so anything less than a 9-7 or 10-6 record will likely be seen as a step back from Lovie, imo, even in Trestman's 1st season. Remains to be seen if he will be up for it.

But first things first - shore up that O-line :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)