American NFL Football (22 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
:lol: I hate all KC sports teams.

Harbaugh blew it by taking the field goal and adding 15 yards on the kickoff instead of maintaining possession and getting the first down. I don't care what they say about taking points off the board, he didn't play to win -- he played not to lose. And got his just desserts for it.
That was unfortunate the way that played out, I thought that was a weak ass call for sure. Definitely should have taken the ball at the 22. The real fucking dagger though was at the end of the second quarter, with that neutral zone infraction penalty. Go from Dallas punting the ball, to a 53 yard slant TD by Austin. Such a brutal mistake. The Secondary was pathetic - Same old story.

Ok, San Francisco.

Here's the gameplan.

I need you to do what you did 14 more times this year, and I can have Andrew Luck.

Good? good.
Tough to watch that choke job, buddy.

I don't think we're getting anywhere near Andrew Luck territory this year though. It all hinges on the O-Line, and our secondary, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the 49ers win a poor NFC West.

The offensive line has just been so fucking poor with their protection assignments, it's embarrassing considering the resources spent up front. I know they're young, but they have to play better. Fuck, Billick just couldn't get over how good he thinks they're going to be, all the while they're just getting worked.

No lanes at all for Frank, the guy is lucky when he gets back to the line of scrimmage. Can't really stretch the field, and there's just no push at all. No time for Alex - who has actually been pretty composed so far. 6 sacks last game, + a ton of pressure and no running game...

Actually, I've been surprised with Smith so far.

Too bad about Braylon, hopefully Crab's good to go this week. Going to have to start using a ton of 2 TE sets (and throwing heavily out of those sets) with this lack of WR options. Got to play to the team's strengths - Walker can certainly be a factor. Looking for Vernon and that TE seam pass - we really need to stretch the field; it certainly didn't help that the top 2 receivers were out last week.

Fuck, the O-line's so bad that the 9 can't even run proper screens with Frank Gore.

I think Seattle and Indy will be battling SF hard for that pick
I think KC is going to take the Luck sweepstakes. Never been a Cassel fan, they've lost their best defender, best player, and quality TE... KC is right fucked. Time to see what Dexter can handle.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Wait. What happened to Braylon?

Edit- Oh what the fuck.

Edit- oh what the double fuck sundae. Smith apparently had a concussion as well. 2 st round picks and 2 2nd round picks and a former pro bowler on that offensive line and this is the best they can do. Terrific

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Frank isn't Frank any more. That's as big a problem as anything else, yet they reward him with a 3 year extension.
That contract is guaranteed against injury, but not guaranteed for skill - meaning the 9 can break it anytime if they deem that Frank's production has substantially declined. This guy has been the offense forever. He's never played with a QB who passed for 3000 yards, never played with a receiver who had 1000 yards receiving, 7 O-coordinators in 7 years. Despite all of that, the guy came into the season 930 yards or so short of being the 49ers all time leading rusher. Enough said. Pay the man his money. At this point, he deserves what he's getting from ownership, especially when we have plenty of cap space - he's made huge sacrifices for this club, and I'm glad to see him get rewarded.

Sure, he's not quite what he was, definitely a little hesitant at the moment too (because there's nowhere to go), but he can still be a productive back. His numbers last year were still very good.

853 yards @ 4.2, and 46 receptions for 452 yards, all in just 10 games and 5 carries of an 11th game - that's pretty damn solid. If you're watching these first two games, which I think you are, it's just 8 man front after 8 man front. They're just camping on Gore. New offense, limited camp, O-line is having plenty of trouble. The play calling is way too conservative, and it isn't stretching the field enough to make defenses adjust - it doesn't help that our top 2 receivers have been nicked, and one is new to boot.

Opponents are in our backfield before Frank can even get back to the line of scrimmage, and that's certainly not his fault. This offense is going to need at least a few more games to get into any kind of rhythm, and that's basically as anticipated. I think this guy's numbers will bounce back some this week against Cincy.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm sorry, Matt, but giving a 28 year old running back who just came off of a broken hip a 21 million dollar contract, 14 million of which is guaranteed, is not good business sense, regardless of the amount of cap space the team has.

It was a panic move, and it was a move that was made to placate the ever growing masses of disenchanted fans out there.

He deserved this money 3 years ago, not now. You bring up the 7 offensive coordinators in 7 years, but how does that explain Alex Smith having a QB rating of over 95 this season?

I'm a Frank Gore fan. But that kind of money to be thrown at him at this point in his career is head scratching. We are not talking about Adrian Peterson or Ray Rice here. We are talking about someone who has not beena top 5 back since 2006

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
giants to go 4-12 this year
I wouldn't be surprised

injuries aside, this club did NOTHING in the short market period to retain players that are vital to the success of the team. Instead we cut 2 of our best OL and don't resign our starting TE and best WR. Yet we dole out contracts in the past 2 seasons to our 2 shit hole RB's who should be working at home depot.

I love Mr. Reese but he fucked up this time and god knows the long term effects.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I'm sorry, Matt, but giving a 28 year old running back who just came off of a broken hip a 21 million dollar contract, 14 million of which is guaranteed, is not good business sense, regardless of the amount of cap space the team has.

It was a panic move, and it was a move that was made to placate the ever growing masses of disenchanted fans out there.

He deserved this money 3 years ago, not now. You bring up the 7 offensive coordinators in 7 years, but how does that explain Alex Smith having a QB rating of over 95 this season?

I'm a Frank Gore fan. But that kind of money to be thrown at him at this point in his career is head scratching. We are not talking about Adrian Peterson or Ray Rice here. We are talking about someone who has not beena top 5 back since 2006
Sergio, I know you're a Frank Gore fan, brother. Pretty much any 9er fan, well, they basically love this guy; through a lot of dark years, he was basically all this team had. what I was saying is that his contract isn't guaranteed in the way you think it is. Let me try to find the NFP article that breaks it down a little better, so that it's more clear.

I don't think it was a panic move by the 9ers at all. I do think it was made, in part, to placate the fans - I think that statement is more than fair. At the same time, we've got two young backs who will benefit a great deal from having a consummate professional like Frank Gore to learn from. Think of all the intangibles, all the little tips/details he can teach KH, from training to pass protection strategies, etc. Plus, I'm not sold at all on Dixon, and Kendall, at 5'7", a buck ninety-nine, is a smaller back; we'll have to wait and see exactly how durable he can be, and if he can be an every down back. In a couple of years, a 1-2 punch of Hunter/Gore could be pretty effective, and as a package they wouldn't be prohibitively expensive, because Kendall would still be on his rookie deal; it would be akin to the Rask/Thomas situation, and what will probably happen when Tuukka supplants Timmy in the next year or two. Could be pretty good insurance at a fairly important position. We'll see.

The 7 coordinators in 7 years stat is just to demonstrate how truly little support Frank has had these past 7 years; that's all. Just me bigging him up, expressing my admiration for the guy... just another testament to the quality he's produced over the years. Because of such, I think he deserves a little more time than 2 games of a season under a new system/coach/coordinator, before he's written off (Edit - not saying you're writing him off, many people are though). I also don't mind seeing him get a little bit of a financial reward, bit of a golden parachute - provided he's still productive. Something to show the clubs appreciation for his years of service.

Going into this season, I feel like we needed Frank healthy and happy - and without a contract beyond this year, he wouldn't have been particularly happy. With an unproven QB, and all the other issues, we needed to have our "Bell Cow" ready to roll. There was just way too much uncertainty with this offense to move forward without our feature back, who, as I pointed out, put up damn good numbers last year all things considered.

Anyway, enough of my ramble. Here's a breakdown of the deal from businessinsider.com. I couldn't find the NFP article, their search engine blows goats, but this details Frank's new deal - which is only guaranteed against catastrophic injury after the first year of the extension - something a guy who has had both knees done, both shoulders done, a broken ankle and a fractured hip would find pretty darn appealing. If he doesn't play up to standard, the 9 can cut him at any time.

http://www.businessinsider.com/frank-gore-new-contract-49ers-2011-9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)