American NFL Football (75 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
He's getting a lot of hits after he lets go of the ball, you're blind if you're denying that.

Are they cheap hits? Yes, they are. You can say shit happens when it's only once in a while but he's getting punished every time he's got the ball.
I watched Philly Vs St Louis, can't remember any cheap shots that stood out from that game. Couldn't watch the other two games.

But yeah, that was a massive cheap shot by his own lineman a couple weeks back, drilling him with that head shot. What an asshole ;)

ALC, he's a QB; naturally the defense wants to punish him every time he's got the ball - that's their job. Sometimes it's borderline, but that's the name of the game - playing on that edge. Do you really think that referees treat him differently? As he alluded in the link below? C'mon now.

People are referring to him calling out referees and complaining about it in the media.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...vents-about-lack-of-calls-after-breaking-hand

Vick's dangerous, and he extends a lot of plays - defenders can't quit on him, and sometimes they're a bit late. Philly's line has some problems, and Vick's style puts him in a lot compromising positions.

Alex is getting smoked all over the place, occasionally the hits are late, but when your line sucks balls, that's just what happens.

Whaddya complaining about? At 2.5 yards/carry, Frank Gore broke his 2.4 barrier against Dallas last week. :stuckup:
Even though I saw no definitive evidence of it, he hurt his ankle :stuckup:

Matt, I want the Niners to lose.

Every single game.

The rest of the year.
I want the wins, brother. It's been long enough - the culture needs to change, the players need some experience winning, and I'm liking what Harbaugh is doing so far for the team's mentality (not liking the play calling so much, but that's more complicated). The 49ers are just not a bad enough team to compete for Luck. I guess if we had a top 5 pick, a couple other bad teams might be willing to move that #1 for a shitload of compensation (Carolina, or St. Louis), but basically none of the others would. We're going to have to find our QB of the future somewhere else.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He's getting a lot of hits after he lets go of the ball, you're blind if you're denying that.

Are they cheap hits? Yes, they are. You can say shit happens when it's only once in a while but he's getting punished every time he's got the ball.
Oh wait thats right, his O-line is keeping folks off of him and then 2-3 seconds after the ball is released defenders come in and just lay him out.

That makes alot of sense.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Blame Andy Reid for not making proper use of what is easily one of the top 5 all around running backs in the league. He doesn't seem to have a problem averaging 6 yards a carry, so its not all on the offensive line.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I watched Philly Vs St Louis, can't remember any cheap shots that stood out from that game. Couldn't watch the other two games.

But yeah, that was a massive cheap shot by his own lineman a couple weeks back, drilling him with that head shot. What an asshole ;)

ALC, he's a QB; naturally the defense wants to punish him every time he's got the ball - that's their job. Sometimes it's borderline, but that's the name of the game - playing on that edge. Do you really think that referees treat him differently? As he alluded in the link below? C'mon now.

People are referring to him calling out referees and complaining about it in the media.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...vents-about-lack-of-calls-after-breaking-hand

Vick's dangerous, and he extends a lot of plays - defenders can't quit on him, and sometimes they're a bit late. Philly's line has some problems, and Vick's style puts him in a lot compromising positions.
Technically he's not complaining :p "I don't know why I don't get the 15-yard flags like everybody else do," he said. "Hey, I'm not going to complain about it. I just want to make everyone aware of it."

I agree that his style makes it difficult for defenders but once he gets hit after throwing the ball the refs should throw in the flag, that's the rules. It's not Vick's problem, if anything he should take advantage of his ability to trick the opposing team.

The fans at the Linc blame Reid for emptying out the concessions before kick off
:lol:

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Technically he's not complaining :p "I don't know why I don't get the 15-yard flags like everybody else do," he said. "Hey, I'm not going to complain about it. I just want to make everyone aware of it."

I agree that his style makes it difficult for defenders but once he gets hit after throwing the ball the refs should throw in the flag, that's the rules. It's not Vick's problem, if anything he should take advantage of his ability to trick the opposing team.
:howler:

I love that. "I'm not going to complain about it." Uhh... Michael, are you sure that's not what you were doing right before you said that? Gotta love the quotes from some of these guys!

For what it's worth, while I was doing up some dishes this morning, I heard on MMQB with Palmer (on tsn - not a great segment by any means), that Vick/Philly led the NFC East in most roughing the passer penalties last season (something like 14?). I think they said he'd only had one in three games so far this year. Anyway, the guy is just frustrated - I'm sure he'll bounce back. Hopefully not this week though ;)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Guess who's back, bitches? :lol:
Frank Gore?

Who's he talking about, Sergio? Who you talking about ALC?

It must be Frank Gore. 15 carries for 127 yards and a TD? Just a little bit of 8.5 yards per carry? He must be finished.

That man ran with authority in the 4th quarter. Big time. I know Philly blows against the run, but this was great to see.

Kendall with 100 yards from scrimmage as well... loving the platoon!

Still, it all comes down to that reach-around by Justin Smith. What a fucking play by a d lineman who had engaged and then shed his blocker. What fucking ball pursuit. That strip was everything... the effort on that reach-around deserves a reach-around, and if I was in San Francisco right now... well...

:D

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Actually, I believe it came into the game 2nd or 3rd worst, didn't it?

I don't care though, man. So much of running the ball comes down to confidence. They also (from what I saw - didn't watch it all) rotated Snyder in a lot more. Frank Gore isn't done, man. San Francisco's O-line has been playing like the worst O-Line in football (11 sacks through the first 3 games after 0 in the first, and an unimaginable number of pressures). Whatever way you slice it, these games aren't pretty, but San Fran is an overtime away from being 4-0 and just won two on the road. For a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in what, 9 years, that's fucking HUGE! This is a TEAM and they are buying in to Harbaugh.

Alex Smith also threw for over 200 yards with a couple td's sprinkled in there in the second half. Stretching the field, spreading things out, this is what they have to do to run the ball effectively with a substandard line. Vernon was great - had some nice blocks too, Morgan had over 60, Crab is healthy and had over 60, Edwards isn't even playing yet. This team is going to keep improving. They've only been in this system for about, what, a little over 2 months?

It should be said that SF also has one of the very best front sevens in the league on D. They're playing great football - especially guys like Bowman, Sapoaga, and Ray McDonald, who have really stepped in to their roles nicely!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)