American College Football (70 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Michigan

9/05 Western Michigan 3:30 PM
9/12 Notre Dame 3:30 PM
9/19 Eastern Michigan 12:00 PM
9/26 Indiana 12:00 PM
10/03 @ Michigan State TBA (payback time)
10/10 @ Iowa 8:05 PM
10/17 Delaware State TBA
10/24 Penn State TBA
10/31 @ Illinois 3:30 PM
11/07 Purdue TBA
11/14 @ Wisconsin TBA
11/21 Ohio State TB (It's about time we beat them, It's been a while)
Wow, all you need now is Central Michigan, Southern Michigan, and Northern Michigan on that schedule

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 10, 2006
Jimmy Clausen ended up having a really good year last year considering that many of his targets were freshmen. He is in a pro style offense at Notre Dame. He actually really tuned it around during the 2nd half of last year. Believe me, nothing would make me happier than to see him fall on his ass, but looking at his progression from the beginning of last year to the end, you could really see that he made significant progress. Weis' offensive scheme is not an easy one to learn

Remember, Peyton Manning wasn't exactly known as a "winner" in college. Neither was his brother. They've turned out pretty well so far.
Peyton Manning was 39-6 as a starter at UT with an SEC championship his senior season.

The only reason he had that label was because he couldn't beat Florida in three tries, and that was more the fault of his coach than him, I think.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I do feel for stafford being a lions player, but the team should be way better than last year. Our defense should be really amazing, and I'm expecting alot of blitzes and hard hiting. I like the addition of both linebackers foote and peterson, this will allow sims (keep an eye on him, he is really something to watch) to roam around and deliver some nasty hits

Jul 10, 2006
The problem with Stafford is that he seemed to take plays off at Georgia, sometimes didn't seem to have a great passion for the game and often made terrible decisions.

But when he was on, there was not a better passer.

If he can 'mature' a bit more, he'll be very good.

And yea, he better hope he doesn't get shattered behind that O-line.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Stafford certainly has the talent to become a good NFL QB. The guy has a damn good arm and sees the game very well. But the problem with the Lions is basically everything, from coaching to the offensive line.
Being drafted into the Lions must be the normal-minded college QB's worst nightmare. If Stafford is also a beast mentally though, it may be just the challenge he needs.

I say if he's not ready, let Culepepper take the snaps and don't rush him, and we still do have Drew stanton who is a 2008 2nd round draft pick and hasn't got a chance yet.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If I had to cheer for a team besides Penn State, I'd have to go for Oklahoma. They play a pretty nasty offense and are known as our sister school of the Heartland. Also, I find them much less annoying than Texas with mack Brown, Florido with Meyer and USC with all their fans across the land.

OU for the NC.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If I had to cheer for a team besides Penn State, I'd have to go for Oklahoma. They play a pretty nasty offense and are known as our sister school of the Heartland. Also, I find them much less annoying than Texas with mack Brown, Florido with Meyer and USC with all their fans across the land.
OU for the NC.

Just say that you hate me, and get it over with already

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Tebow is a great college player but thats it. it doesn't take a genius to realize that he will not have a long NFL career.

on a side note, i'm trying to get tix to OU-Miami this year but its gonna be an expensive trip like the last time i went to Miami

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #990
    My mom is from Clarksburg. Her family runs deep there, my great-great grandfather served the Union Army during the Civil War in two West Virginia regiments.

It's a beautiful state.
    Damn right, thanks. I love my home state.

I live in Martinsburg in the Eastern Panhandle.
    #23 - Notre Dame :rolleyes:
    I hope TD Jesus gets suicide bombed by Goal Mohammed.
    Peyton Manning was 39-6 as a starter at UT with an SEC championship his senior season.

The only reason he had that label was because he couldn't beat Florida in three tries, and that was more the fault of his coach than him, I think.
    Umm, he won at least a share of the national championship his senior year.

Check it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Volunteers_football
    You are the only USC fan I don't hate. I love you. :toast:
    I love him too.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Tebow is a great college player but thats it. it doesn't take a genius to realize that he will not have a long NFL career.

on a side note, i'm trying to get tix to OU-Miami this year but its gonna be an expensive trip like the last time i went to Miami
    That would be a fun game to go to. OU is probably my second favorite team to watch in the college game. Sick ass offense.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I don't like him much either, but I don't like too many QB's out there. But the Sooners are like the FC Barcelona of college football.

Texas is like Man United.

USC is like Chelsea.

Florida is like Juventus.

And Ohio State is like England... bunch of chokers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)