American College Football (13 Viewers)

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Yeah, our QB's over the past few years have either been really good at carrying the ball or flat out sucked (Morelli comes to mind). Mike Robinson, our QB in 2005 and 2006, was very good though and led us to victory at the 2006 Orange Bowl.

JoePa is the man but he should have stepped down after that victory in 2006. He's far too old now.

And the reason you'll be hated is because we have a few WVU fans here who always hated Michigan but now hate them even more because of Rich Rod. Generally, not many people like Michigan to begin with unless you're a fan.
They can have him back, I didn't like him to begin with and he is really out of ideas. I wished we had Les Miles from LSU instead

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 10, 2006
But he will be drafted in the top 3, and then get paid more than 50 millions inlcuding bonuses. That why I don't like the NFL, when you sign rookies for tons of money and they haven't proven yet if they deserve it or not.
Ok, you don't know what you are talking about. Tebow will not be drafted in the top 3. He'll be lucky to get drafted in the top 15-25.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Who, Tebow???

There are at least 3 QB's right now that will be drafted higher than him. Colt McCoy at Texas, Tim Hiller at Western Michigan and Sam Bradford at Oklahoma. That's not even counting Jimmy Clausen at Notre Dame if he decides to come out.
Yup, i do believe some idiots out there in the NFL will pick the guy in the top 10 based on his track record with Florida

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I do have a question, being a lions fan, what do you guys think about Matt Stafford? Does he has the talent to succeed in the NFL. I don't follow the SEC. I only follow the big ten.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yup, i do believe some idiots out there in the NFL will pick the guy in the top 10 based on his track record with Florida

Scouts are too smart these days to go just off of track record.

I'm not knocking Tim Tebow, the college player. He could go down as the greatest college player of all time.

But Tim Tebow, the NFL Prospect?? I just don't see it yet, to be honest.

Jul 10, 2006
I've seen practically every game at florida, and he doesn't have an NFL caliber arm, which is surprising considering that he's a specimen. Why do you think he stayed one more year in college? because his pre-draft grade as an athlete was a mid 4th round grade, and as strictly a QB, it was a 6th or 7th round grade.

Its up to Urban Meyer to install a pro-style offense this year if Tebow has any shot to make it as a QB. The question is whether or not he will do it.
I'm not saying and never have said that Tebow will be NFL ready the day he steps into an NFL training camp. It will do him well to backup someone for a couple years to adjust to the NFL.

Meyer isn't going to change a system that won two national titles in three years just to get Tebow in the NFL.

But they did bring in a QB coach to help him work on his mechanics which may help him grow as a passer.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I do have a question, being a lions fan, what do you guys think about Matt Stafford. I don't follow the SEC. I only follow the big ten.

I would have preferred Mark Sanchez, to be honest. And no its NOT because I'm a USC fan. Sanchez, to me, has "IT". You know. "IT". That type of intangible that when the game is on the line, success or failure, he will try to carry the team on his shoulders. I like Mark Stafford, I really do. He's got a canon for an arm (Stronger than Sanchez's), but it would have made much more sense for them to draft Michael Oher out of Ole MIss to protect his blind side for the next 10 years.

I have a feeling that the kid is going to get killed this year behind that offensive line

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Check out some of these schedules:

2009 Texas Football Schedule and Results

Overall Record: 0 - 0 (Includes Postseason)
Big 12 Record: 0 - 0

Date Time TV Team
09/05 6:00p PPV Louisiana Monroe
09/12 2:30p Versus at Wyoming
09/19 7:00p ABC Texas Tech
09/26 2:30p FoxSN Texas El Paso
10/10 Colorado
10/17 11:00a ABC Oklahoma (at The Cotton Bowl) :rolleyes:
10/24 at Missouri
10/31 at Oklahoma State
11/07 Central Florida
11/14 at Baylor
11/21 Kansas
11/26 7:00p ESPN at Texas A&M

The 2009 Florida Gator Football Schedule

Coach Urban Meyer (83-17) - 5th Year at the University of Florida

QB #15 SR 6-3 240 Tim Tebow

0 - 0 SEC
0 - 0 SEC East
0 - 0 ALL Games

All Times E.T.

Sat. April 18 Orange and Blue Spring Game 1:00 P.M.
Sat. Sept. 5 Charleston Southern 7:00 P.M. SUN
Sat. Sept. 12 Troy 12:20 P.M. SEC
Sat. Sept. 19 Tennessee 3:30 P.M. CBS
Sat. Sept. 26 at Kentucky (Lexington KY)
Sat. Oct. 10 at LSU 8:00 P.M. CBS (Baton Rouge LA)
Sat. Oct. 17 Arkansas (Homecoming)
Sat. Oct. 24 at Mississippi State (Starkville MS)
Sat. Oct. 31 Georgia 3:30 P.M. CBS (Jacksonville FL)
Sat. Nov. 7 Vanderbilt
Sat. Nov. 14 at South Carolina (Columbia SC)
Sat. Nov. 21 Florida International
Sat. Nov. 28 Florida State (Senior Day)

2009 OU Football Schedule
( Click on an event for complete event information )

Date Game Location Time / Result

09/05/09 vs. BYU Arlington, Texas 6:00 PM CT
09/12/09 vs. Idaho State Norman TBA
09/19/09 vs. Tulsa Norman 2:30 PM CT
10/03/09 at Miami Miami, Fla. TBA
10/10/09 vs. Baylor Norman TBA
10/17/09 vs. Texas Dallas, Texas 11:00 AM CT
10/24/09 at Kansas Lawrence, Kan. TBA
10/31/09 vs. Kansas State Norman TBA
11/07/09 at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. TBA
11/14/09 vs. Texas A&M Norman TBA
11/21/09 at Texas Tech Lubbock, Texas TBA
11/28/09 vs. Oklahoma State Norman TBA
12/05/09 Big 12 Championship Arlington, Texas 7:00 PM CT

USC Trojan Football Future Schedules

USC Football 2009 Schedule
Date Opponent
Sept. 5 San Jose State
Sept. 12 @ Ohio State
Sept. 19 @ Washington
Sept. 26 Washington State
Oct. 3 @ California
Oct. 10 Arizona
Oct. 17 @ Notre Dame
Oct. 24 Oregon State
Oct. 31 @ Oregon
Nov. 7 @ Arizona State
Nov. 14 Stanford
Nov. 28 UCLA

So who has the toughest schedule? I really think OU does. BYU, Idaho State, and Maimi all in the first four games is pretty damn good.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
I would have preferred Mark Sanchez, to be honest. And no its NOT because I'm a USC fan. Sanchez, to me, has "IT". You know. "IT". That type of intangible that when the game is on the line, success or failure, he will try to carry the team on his shoulders. I like Mark Stafford, I really do. He's got a canon for an arm (Stronger than Sanchez's), but it would have made much more sense for them to draft Michael Oher out of Ole MIss to protect his blind side for the next 10 years.

I have a feeling that the kid is going to get killed this year behind that offensive line
Our O-line is that bad. We got a new right gaurd and a rookie Tight end might start which can be tricky, even though I'm hearing and reading that he is a great blocker. I do hope that stafford will be brought in slowly and let daunte culpepper take the snaps.

Jul 10, 2006
Who, Tebow???

There are at least 3 QB's right now that will be drafted higher than him. Colt McCoy at Texas, Tim Hiller at Western Michigan and Sam Bradford at Oklahoma. That's not even counting Jimmy Clausen at Notre Dame if he decides to come out.
lol @ Jimmy Clausen.

Perfect example of the NFL being fascinated with the "protoypical" qb and drafting a guy who hasn't proved anything.

Tebow has dominated at every level and is a proven winner. McCoy and Bradford are both great QB's, I don't know anything about Hiller, really.

But Jimmy Clausen is all hype at this point.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It looks like OU definitely does. I would give anything for USC to tell Notre Dame to get lost. They are killing that strength of schedule. Florida kinda gets a free pass with Troy and FIU considering that their conference is brutal. But, if they lose a game and are not in the Championship game, they have no one to blame but themselves. That same shit happened to LSU a couple of years ago.

Jul 10, 2006
Check out some of these schedules:

2009 Texas Football Schedule and Results

Overall Record: 0 - 0 (Includes Postseason)
Big 12 Record: 0 - 0

Date Time TV Team
09/05 6:00p PPV Louisiana Monroe
09/12 2:30p Versus at Wyoming
09/19 7:00p ABC Texas Tech
09/26 2:30p FoxSN Texas El Paso
10/10 Colorado
10/17 11:00a ABC Oklahoma (at The Cotton Bowl) :rolleyes:
10/24 at Missouri
10/31 at Oklahoma State
11/07 Central Florida
11/14 at Baylor
11/21 Kansas
11/26 7:00p ESPN at Texas A&M

The 2009 Florida Gator Football Schedule

Coach Urban Meyer (83-17) - 5th Year at the University of Florida

QB #15 SR 6-3 240 Tim Tebow

0 - 0 SEC
0 - 0 SEC East
0 - 0 ALL Games

All Times E.T.

Sat. April 18 Orange and Blue Spring Game 1:00 P.M.
Sat. Sept. 5 Charleston Southern 7:00 P.M. SUN
Sat. Sept. 12 Troy 12:20 P.M. SEC
Sat. Sept. 19 Tennessee 3:30 P.M. CBS
Sat. Sept. 26 at Kentucky (Lexington KY)
Sat. Oct. 10 at LSU 8:00 P.M. CBS (Baton Rouge LA)
Sat. Oct. 17 Arkansas (Homecoming)
Sat. Oct. 24 at Mississippi State (Starkville MS)
Sat. Oct. 31 Georgia 3:30 P.M. CBS (Jacksonville FL)
Sat. Nov. 7 Vanderbilt
Sat. Nov. 14 at South Carolina (Columbia SC)
Sat. Nov. 21 Florida International
Sat. Nov. 28 Florida State (Senior Day)

2009 OU Football Schedule
( Click on an event for complete event information )

Date Game Location Time / Result

09/05/09 vs. BYU Arlington, Texas 6:00 PM CT
09/12/09 vs. Idaho State Norman TBA
09/19/09 vs. Tulsa Norman 2:30 PM CT
10/03/09 at Miami Miami, Fla. TBA
10/10/09 vs. Baylor Norman TBA
10/17/09 vs. Texas Dallas, Texas 11:00 AM CT
10/24/09 at Kansas Lawrence, Kan. TBA
10/31/09 vs. Kansas State Norman TBA
11/07/09 at Nebraska Lincoln, Neb. TBA
11/14/09 vs. Texas A&M Norman TBA
11/21/09 at Texas Tech Lubbock, Texas TBA
11/28/09 vs. Oklahoma State Norman TBA
12/05/09 Big 12 Championship Arlington, Texas 7:00 PM CT

USC Trojan Football Future Schedules

USC Football 2009 Schedule
Date Opponent
Sept. 5 San Jose State
Sept. 12 @ Ohio State
Sept. 19 @ Washington
Sept. 26 Washington State
Oct. 3 @ California
Oct. 10 Arizona
Oct. 17 @ Notre Dame
Oct. 24 Oregon State
Oct. 31 @ Oregon
Nov. 7 @ Arizona State
Nov. 14 Stanford
Nov. 28 UCLA

So who has the toughest schedule? I really think OU does. BYU, Idaho State, and Maimi all in the first four games is pretty damn good.
Hard to say, none of those schedules are really über hard.

Florida has the easiest schedule they have had in recent memory. I'm really excited for the possibilities if they can finally get out of Baton Rouge with a vic.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
lol @ Jimmy Clausen.

Perfect example of the NFL being fascinated with the "protoypical" qb and drafting a guy who hasn't proved anything.

Tebow has dominated at every level and is a proven winner. McCoy and Bradford are both great QB's, I don't know anything about Hiller, really.

But Jimmy Clausen is all hype at this point.
Jimmy Clausen ended up having a really good year last year considering that many of his targets were freshmen. He is in a pro style offense at Notre Dame. He actually really tuned it around during the 2nd half of last year. Believe me, nothing would make me happier than to see him fall on his ass, but looking at his progression from the beginning of last year to the end, you could really see that he made significant progress. Weis' offensive scheme is not an easy one to learn

Remember, Peyton Manning wasn't exactly known as a "winner" in college. Neither was his brother. They've turned out pretty well so far.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I do have a question, being a lions fan, what do you guys think about Matt Stafford? Does he has the talent to succeed in the NFL. I don't follow the SEC. I only follow the big ten.
Stafford certainly has the talent to become a good NFL QB. The guy has a damn good arm and sees the game very well. But the problem with the Lions is basically everything, from coaching to the offensive line.

Once we start off the new season 1 and 6, pressure will start to mount on the team to begin starting Stafford, and he may get some time towards November. That's when they'll probably drop Culpepper and throw Stafford into the mix. What will happen at that point is anybody's guess, but it will probably make or break the player.

Being drafted into the Lions must be the normal-minded college QB's worst nightmare. If Stafford is also a beast mentally though, it may be just the challenge he needs.

From what I've heard thus far in preseason, people aren't liking the offensive line already. :sergio:

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
Michigan

9/05 Western Michigan 3:30 PM
9/12 Notre Dame 3:30 PM
9/19 Eastern Michigan 12:00 PM
9/26 Indiana 12:00 PM
10/03 @ Michigan State TBA (payback time)
10/10 @ Iowa 8:05 PM
10/17 Delaware State TBA
10/24 Penn State TBA
10/31 @ Illinois 3:30 PM
11/07 Purdue TBA
11/14 @ Wisconsin TBA
11/21 Ohio State TB (It's about time we beat them, It's been a while)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Stafford certainly has the talent to become a good NFL QB. The guy has a damn good arm and sees the game very well. But the problem with the Lions is basically everything, from coaching to the offensive line.

Once we start off the new season 1 and 6, pressure will start to mount on the team to begin starting Stafford, and he may get some time towards November. That's when they'll probably drop Culpepper and throw Stafford into the mix. What will happen at that point is anybody's guess, but it will probably make or break the player.

Being drafted into the Lions must be the normal-minded college QB's worst nightmare. If Stafford is also a beast mentally though, it may be just the challenge he needs.

From what I've heard thus far in preseason, people aren't liking the offensive line already. :sergio:

I'm sure you remember in the NFL Thread during the draft I was begging the Lions to take Michael Oher at the 20th slot.

Apparently, Sanchez is looking really good in training camp so far. Then again, with an Offensive line of Ferguson, Faneca, Mangold,Moore, and Woody, I can see why he has looked good so far

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It looks like OU definitely does. I would give anything for USC to tell Notre Dame to get lost. They are killing that strength of schedule. Florida kinda gets a free pass with Troy and FIU considering that their conference is brutal. But, if they lose a game and are not in the Championship game, they have no one to blame but themselves. That same shit happened to LSU a couple of years ago.
Hard to say, none of those schedules are really über hard.

Florida has the easiest schedule they have had in recent memory. I'm really excited for the possibilities if they can finally get out of Baton Rouge with a vic.
I think Florida can go unbeaten this year as long as they get by LSU because yeah, their schedule doesn't look as difficult as previous years.

The problem with Penn State is that our schedule is ridiculously easy, so even if we do go unbeaten, there will always be the chance we don't make the National Championship because of the stupid scheduling. Ohio State at Home is the only tough game we got, along with Michigan away if you want to continue the rivalry.

But put me down for a Florida - PSU National Championship game, or one of the other big three losing one close game and getting the bid instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)