American College Football (10 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The Pac 10 obviously couldn't compete with whatever the Big 12 minus 2 has in the plans, financially. Though it's going to be interesting to see their revenues without a championship game and as a single division conference.

Now it's also going to interesting to see whether the Pac 10 deal fell through because of the cash UT and OK have or if the SEC or Big 10 highjacked it.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Whats odd is that its obvious that the Big12 had additional cash (and lots of it) that they did not spread to the schools. The Pac10 in a sense allowed UT/OU to strong arm the Big12 into giving up the loot. The question is how much could each school get? And just because UT gets their own channel and maybe OU but what about A&M? Who the fuck would watch an A&M channel or a Baylor channel or an ISU channel? Or is this option for a school-centric tv network only available to UT?

Alot of stupidity from the Big12 and UT

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Still odd

The Big12 should put together the tv network, not UT. Although the majority of viewership will be UT fans, the majority of the content can't be UT-centric. So it brings me back to my original point of WTF is going on here? It seems that the Big12 dug deep in their pockets and pretty much paid these schools to stay and gave them the option to start a tv network which was not possible previously. Go figure

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It wouldn't surprise me if the Big 12 had been holding out on the schools and the schools (led by Texas) gave the conference an ultimatum. Either pay up or we go West.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
It wouldn't surprise me if the Big 12 had been holding out on the schools and the schools (led by Texas) gave the conference an ultimatum. Either pay up or we go West.
Either way the Big 12 and the remaining schools may have received money out of it but they also fucked themselves over by letting 2 teams go and potentially more cash if they left

Utah in the Pac-10.

That is huge news.

They can now have a conference championship game. That is awesome
Thats great news and the Utes have a great program established by Meyer

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Either way the Big 12 and the remaining schools may have received money out of it but they also fucked themselves over by letting 2 teams go and potentially more cash if they left

Thats great news and the Utes have a great program established by Meyer
Wittingham is doing a great job with that program.

I was hoping they would find ANY team to join so that they had the minimum 12 teams necessary for a championship game, but Utah??

Wow. The conference just got a whole lot better

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Championship games don't mean much unless people watch them. Big 12 will benefit more from being a 10 team conference with it's own TV network. Than having to pay the money to put on championship game that nobody watches. Ask the ACC. They know what's up. Empty stadium syndrome and all that.

The Pac 10 conference championship game won't really make that big of a difference with only Colorado and Utah being the new teams. The whole idea was that the super conference would have the teams to bring the audience that makes the Conference championship games worth watching. Utah and Colorado don't bring in the markets that UT, OK and the others would have. Plus they don't bring storied match ups that weren't there before to make people across the nation tune in.

Unless a conference succeeds in truly becoming super, by recruiting teams that actually give the meaningful match ups. Ie. Texas - USC, Oklahoma - Cal. The SEC will continue to be the only conference championship that the nation cares about.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We still don't know who our QB will be, apparently. At least we have a good defense remaining.

Traveling to Bama on week 2 should be fun. Glad to see Ingram won't play.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Probably a loss, but anything is possible.

I'm just glad we started scheduling good non-conference games. We should be playing the likes of Alabama, Florida, USC, Miami, et cetera every year. If we beat them then we will be in good shape for the rest of the season, plus our stock will rise in the computer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)