AmBiTiOnS aNd CaReErS!! (4 Viewers)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++

yes! I love seeing the sky and trying to figure out where is everything. I could spend hours seeing an astronomy book and getting impressed over and over about the same things
I know!!! I am the same way-I love astronomy books! almost as much fun as the observing itself! Its so nice to just be outside at midnight, when most lights are out, with a pair of binoculars, and just scan the sky!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
I know I'll be the butt of most jokes here after this, but I believe in myself so I dont really care.

I have very high ambitions for myself and I truly believe I have enormous potential. I plan to study law or management, as I believe those are the areas I could use my skills best in. I am fairly eloquent in Bosnian, already more eloquent than 90% of my generation, I believe I am very intelligent, good with people, creatve and good at managing. I only lack organising skills.

I plan to study in Sweden in two years, but I have much higher hopes and wishes than to be a successful manager or lawyer, I cant stand working for someone, or being in a position where I dont get to make the decisions, and I also believe I have too much potential to waste it, so I hope to do something for the greater good. Bosnia is still more or less in (economic) chaos so I plan to be a politician, and I probably wont stop until I've gone all the way. I am very politically aware, and I believe I truly could and would make a difference.

Laugh if you will, make fun, but I was completely honest and serious.
Bravo Zlatan.

Why did u think I'd laugh at you for saying this? All the jokes and friendly insults aside, I wish you all the very best. I've already been impressed by your English skills, considering your circumstances, though you do need to work on spelling "sincerely" :p. Keep working on all the skills you need, and I assure you, it can be done ;)

I truly believe that we were all born for significance, not just survival. Better to be a dreamer than a critic.

I'm studying computer science at the moment, so I guess there's not much choice in my field. I'm thinking of switching my course to Digital Media and Design, because the IT industry's not too good over here, and i get quite frustrated programming sometimes. I love drawing, design and computer graphics, so I'd love to get involved in that, but who knows.

I don't know if i'll be suited to indoors office jobs though, I get quite restless a lot of the time. My girlfriend thinks i'm gonna be a full-time missionary, because I love doing work at my church and helping strangers out. Also, I've already been involved for a number of years in preaching to young kids in my church, and [/HUMBLE] i've been told that my sermons are moving :) I'm weighing up that option too, but I don't really know at the moment.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++

I know!!! I am the same way-I love astronomy books! almost as much fun as the observing itself! Its so nice to just be outside at midnight, when most lights are out, with a pair of binoculars, and just scan the sky!
Yeah!! did you see the lunar eclipse that happened last saturday? it was so pretty!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
A missionary who programs, now that's rare :D

And in these 5 simple steps, my children, I will teach you how to optimize your compile times and get your message of the lord out to the people 3ms faster everyday ;)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I'm studying computer science at the moment, so I guess there's not much choice in my field. I'm thinking of switching my course to Digital Media and Design, because the IT industry's not too good over here, and i get quite frustrated programming sometimes. I love drawing, design and computer graphics, so I'd love to get involved in that, but who knows.
We actually have alot of aussies coming to Denmark to study Digital Media, design and shit. I talked to one a few months ago... she said that there's no way of doing it in Australia, well there is a way but not a good one. Sounds a bit weird for a country like yours... but oh well.

I'm in training at an advertising agency, going back and forth between school and the agency. It's a great job and if you're really interested in shit like this, you shouldn't hesitate, cuz it's popular as hell. In Denmark there's way to many applicants and the schools would have to expand, but since the government don't give a rats arse about us - we're basicly f*cked for now - well not me, I'm one of lucky dudes :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
A missionary who programs, now that's rare :D

And in these 5 simple steps, my children, I will teach you how to optimize your compile times and get your message of the lord out to the people 3ms faster everyday ;)
:LOL: it's actually more for the purpose of having a reason to enter a country. Many missionaries enter countries as skilled workers, teachers and the like... simply because lots of countries are closed to the gospel. At the airport, if you write as your reason for visiting: "SPREAD CHRISTIANITY IN YOUR COUNTRY". They'll probably say "GTFO", or "suuuure, come into our country. You're very welcome.... on one condition: we'll shoot you"

++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

We actually have alot of aussies coming to Denmark to study Digital Media, design and shit. I talked to one a few months ago... she said that there's no way of doing it in Australia, well there is a way but not a good one. Sounds a bit weird for a country like yours... but oh well.
What do you mean for a country like mine? It's not very densely populated (only about 20 million people), and as such there's not that many companies = not much demand for such skills.

I'm in training at an advertising agency, going back and forth between school and the agency. It's a great job and if you're really interested in shit like this, you shouldn't hesitate, cuz it's popular as hell.
Sounds awesome...Denmark, eh? I might drop by in a few years time. That depends on my current grades though :undecide:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
LOL

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

What do you mean for a country like mine? It's not very densely populated (only about 20 million people), and as such there's not that many companies = not much demand for such skills.
Well neither is Denmark. There's only like 5-6 million people in my country, and our capital - Copenhagen is nothing compared to your big cities, like Sydney and so on... (size, population, companys)... so I don't quite get your point.

gray

Apr 22, 2003

Well neither is Denmark. There's only like 5-6 million people in my country, and our capital - Copenhagen is nothing compared to your big cities, like Sydney and so on... (size, population, companys)... so I don't quite get your point.
oh wait, i didn't even think about that...i shouldn't have even talked about population...

but anyways, what did u mean by a country like mine?

OP
Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #111
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

I think you copy/pasted that :p

j/k congratulaions you are a boffin ;)
    i swear i didnt!!i told u i am good at physics y on earth would i lie about it??:D

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

but anyways, what did u mean by a country like mine?
    I meant a well established country. As far as I know, Australia is like any healthy european country, so that's why I was wondering...

gray

Apr 22, 2003

I meant a well established country. As far as I know, Australia is like any healthy european country, so that's why I was wondering...
    Hmmm well we only had our centenary of federation 2 years ago...

but i get what u mean. I guess the markets are just different. I heard England ain't bad for DigiMed either...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Bravo Zlatan.

Why did u think I'd laugh at you for saying this? All the jokes and friendly insults aside, I wish you all the very best. I've already been impressed by your English skills, considering your circumstances, though you do need to work on spelling "sincerely" :p. Keep working on all the skills you need, and I assure you, it can be done ;)
    Will you never forget about that? :D ;)

And thank you :)

P.S. What do you mean "considering the circumstances"?

I truly believe that we were all born for significance, not just survival. Better to be a dreamer than a critic.
    Well I dont know about everyone, but I truly do believe I was born for something bigger than a "normal" life the memories of which will fall into oblivious the day I die :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++

P.S. What do you mean "considering the circumstances"?
    Well, by your geographical location and early stages of your life, one would hardly expect you to be so eloquent, esp. in English.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++

Yeah!! did you see the lunar eclipse that happened last saturday? it was so pretty!
    I only saw part of it, as I was gone most of the night, but the little time I did spend watching it was great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)