AmBiTiOnS aNd CaReErS!! (2 Viewers)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by MISS DUBAI ] ++
One newton iz defined as the force which gives a mass of 1kg an acceleration of 1m/second square,i.e=1N=1kg m/second square.

so,if m=1kg and a=1m/second square then F=1N.Substituting in F=kma ,we get k=1,so we can write...F=ma

this is newtons second law.when using it 2 points should be noted.
1- F,iz the resultant force causing the acceleration a .
2- F,must be in newoton,m in kilogram and acceleration in m/second square,otherwise k iz not 1.the law showz that awill be largest when F iz large and mass iz small
In other words,
F = m * a
Where F is force, m is mass and a is acceleration. When answering physics questions, brevity is life. :geek:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Asma

Asma

Doctor Asma
Oct 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #122
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

In other words,
    F = m * a
    Where F is force, m is mass and a is acceleration. When answering physics questions, brevity is life. :geek:
    thnx for the brief explination

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    :thumb: Sorry, it didn't occur to me that not everyone is conversant with enginerring abreviations.
    That sounds pretty cool. You use a lot of Fourier series for that? :D

Aug 1, 2003
    dont talk bout physics or science or whatever. i'll be learning the stuff next year. i was looking forward to dropping physics but turned out i cant. i can only drop biology (which i did not)

well one of my ambitions is to work for discovery travel & adventure. i was thinking if they could have a programme where you would visit a football club's city and their stadiums etc.

of course, i would be the host :cool:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    dont talk bout physics or science or whatever. i'll be learning the stuff next year. i was looking forward to dropping physics but turned out i cant. i can only drop biology (which i did not)

well one of my ambitions is to work for discovery travel & adventure. i was thinking if they could have a programme where you would visit a football club's city and their stadiums etc.

of course, i would be the host :cool:
    Talking about biology.....God I love this subject. I used to do biology in a HK universaity before I got a scholarship to do speech pathology in Australia. I like biology and I was so damn good at it. I wish one day I can go back to finish the degree.

Gee...there's so much to do...so little time...

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    That sounds pretty cool. You use a lot of Fourier series for that? :D
    Mostly Z-transforms, which is the discrete-time equivalent of a Laplace transform, which is related to the Fourier transform, which comes from Fourier series.

Oh, and congrats on confusing Gray. :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    *nodding along* no, haven't been there. Laplace is vaguley familiar but that's about it. really don't have the math skills one would like.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    *nodding along* no, haven't been there. Laplace is vaguley familiar but that's about it. really don't have the math skills one would like.
    Basically it goes like this (bear with me, it's not too hard):
    If you represent two signals by looking at them in the time-domain, mixing them makes a big mess that you can't seperate, but if you just look at their frequency componants, they're easily seperated.

That's Laplace - transforming signals mathematical representation from time domain f(t) to their frequency domain, F(s). The Z-transform is the same, but with digital signals.

It's a cool mathematical trick - you can pick up a digital signal even if the noise amplitude is billions of times greater than the signal. Hence, satellite communication is workable.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I HATE BIOLOGY, ITS THE WORST SUBJECT EVER

++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++

I only saw part of it, as I was gone most of the night, but the little time I did spend watching it was great!
    The moon looked so pretty. I want to see a solar one, though. I remember the last solar one I saw, it was so awesome.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++

The moon looked so pretty. I want to see a solar one, though. I remember the last solar one I saw, it was so awesome.
    Lucky!! I've never seen a solar eclipse-I want to so badly!

Henry

Sep 30, 2003

Basically it goes like this (bear with me, it's not too hard):
    If you represent two signals by looking at them in the time-domain, mixing them makes a big mess that you can't seperate, but if you just look at their frequency componants, they're easily seperated.

That's Laplace - transforming signals mathematical representation from time domain f(t) to their frequency domain, F(s). The Z-transform is the same, but with digital signals.

It's a cool mathematical trick - you can pick up a digital signal even if the noise amplitude is billions of times greater than the signal. Hence, satellite communication is workable.
    Laplace is very helpful-it is used in alot of other things, including digitally enhancing astronomical photos

gray

Apr 22, 2003

Mostly Z-transforms, which is the discrete-time equivalent of a Laplace transform, which is related to the Fourier transform, which comes from Fourier series.

Oh, and congrats on confusing Gray. :D
    sif i was confused :p Digital Signal Processing seems like a pretty broad term to me, and the only time I've seen the Fourier series used is just to express functions as sums of their cosine terms

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++

Lucky!! I've never seen a solar eclipse-I want to so badly!
    Its so cool! its like the sun, but black. I read there are two in 2004 so I hope you'll get to see one!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++

About two months ago, Mars came as close to the Earth as it'll come for a long time. It looked quite fine :thumb:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

About two months ago, Mars came as close to the Earth as it'll come for a long time. It looked quite fine :thumb:
    I always forgot to see it. I remember seeing it one day, but I was too drunk to remember :frown:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ummm....it doesn't happen that often dude....once every few hundred years :p

Maybe every time you thought you could see it, those were the times u were drunk ;)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I know you cant see it that often. I mean, on summertime I remember watching the sky and being like ohh there's Mars!, but I dont really have a picture of it because as I said I was under the effect of alcohol.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    fabi, you're still in denial :p

Of course you're gonna see Mars everywhere if you're drunk :LOL: On July 13, Mars came closer than it has come to Earth for 60,000 years. That's what I mean by "not very often" :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)