Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (9 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I think that he can be used in Europe by Real for the knock-out rounds.

17.18 One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club
competition matches for another competing club in the current season may
exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:
− in the same competition for another club
− for another club that is currently in the same competition.
Furthermore, if the player’s new club is playing in the UEFA Cup, his former
club must not have played in the UEFA Cup at any point in the current
season.

If I'm reading it correctly, a club that plays in CL, can register a player who played in EL previously in the season.
That's weird, it's the first time I have read it like that. This would mean that we can sell Amauri to Real for example, but not to Liverpool...

Strange, I have heard of a few players who were deliberately left out of the team this round in order for them to be eligible for their possible new team (AZ & Anderlecht players come to mind).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That's weird, it's the first time I have read it like that. This would mean that we can sell Amauri to Real for example, but not to Liverpool...

Strange, I have heard of a few players who were deliberately left out of the team this round in order for them to be eligible for their possible new team (AZ & Anderlecht players come to mind).
Yes, and it's not only for the knock-outs. It's actually for the entire season (I just realized that).

Look at this:
17.07 Excluding the three rounds of the UEFA Intertoto Cup and the UEFA Super Cup, and subject to paragraph 17.18 below, a player may not play UEFA club competition matches for more than one competing club in the course of the same season. A substitute player who is not fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the same season’s UEFA club competitions, provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in accordance with the present Regulations.

Paragraph 17.18 is the one you quoted in the above post.

I did know about this rule and there were cases when player who played in Uefa Cup switched to a CL club later in the season and was eligible to play (I once had an argument where I thought the same as you do now but some cases proved me wrong. Unfortunately, I can't remember any of them now).
So yes, unless something's changed from 2008 (that's when the regulations were written:http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19071.pdf) then Amauri or anyone else in Juve that played yesterday can play for a team that plays CL this year, but they can't play in EL for Liverpool, City or any other club in this competition.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Am I the only thinking that their rules are bit skewed?:

17.07 Excluding the three rounds of the UEFA Intertoto Cup and the UEFA Super Cup, and subject to paragraph 17.18 below, a player may not play UEFA club competition matches for more than one competing club in the course of the same season.

but

17.18 One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club
competition matches for another competing club in the current season may
exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:
− in the same competition for another club
− for another club that is currently in the same competition.
Furthermore, if the player’s new club is playing in the UEFA Cup, his former
club must not have played in the UEFA Cup at any point in the current
season.

Not really straightforward.

Hypothetical situation
We sell Amauri to Real Madrid before the start of the CL.
=> Real registers him for the CL & ends up third
=> after the winter break they're in the EL
=> Real can not register Amauri any more for the remainder of the season, since he already played in the qualifiers with us.

Makes sense :shifty:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Is there any substance to these rumors though?

I find it surprising that a coach such as Mourinho at a club with the resources and appeal of Madrid would be after Amauri. I really doubt that he will leave this summer.

Max

Jul 15, 2003

I find it surprising that a coach such as Mourinho at a club with the resources and appeal of Madrid would be after Amauri. I really doubt that he will leave this summer.
As do I. It's most definitely a load of shit, but I'd like to believe that if it were true Amauri would be on the next flight to Madrid.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008

Why is it so surprising? Amauri is a talented player, a beast of a striker on his day. It's not the first time they wanted him, we once rejected a 30 million dollar offer for his services from Real Madrid, as a replacement for Ruud van Nistelrooy when he sustained an injury.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)