Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (45 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Amauri is a form player, just have to roll with him whilst he is scoring and when he isn't then someone else should come in to take the pressure off him. Otherwise what happens is that he ends up trying to play three roles, tries too hard and we end up with no striker because he is out chasing the ball down the channels to make up for his lack of goals.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Speaking to Sky Italia, Bronzetti said: “Mourinho likes Amauri. Real are missing Raul, and Amauri figures in this perspective.

“He is less of a goalscorer than Milito, but Mourinho likes him. Yesterday evening he showed what he is worth. Diego also did well.

“Last year it was hard work to find a Juventus player who did well. Zaccheroni was right when he said that this team is not one to throw away.”

Gotte

Mar 21, 2009
I wonder what kind of journalist comes up with that crap.

Is anyone really supposed to believe that Real is going to shell out 20 million for a player they won't be able to use in Europe?
Amauri can be used in another club which play Europa League or CL. The qualifycation round doesn't "count" when you register to the group stage.

May 22, 2007
De Oliveira Amauri, a £20million, 20-year-old Brazilian striker signed from Palermo, snuffed out the possibility of this becoming a landmark occasion for Irish domestic football with two well-taken goals, one in each half.

:D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I wonder what kind of journalist comes up with that crap.

Is anyone really supposed to believe that Real is going to shell out 20 million for a player they won't be able to use in Europe?
I think that he can be used in Europe by Real for the knock-out rounds.

These are UEFA regulations (from 2008, I couldn't find newer ones):
Subsequent registration
17.17 For all matches from the start of the first knockout round, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

17.18 One player from the above quota of three who has played UEFA club
competition matches for another competing club in the current season may
exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:
− in the same competition for another club
− for another club that is currently in the same competition.
Furthermore, if the player’s new club is playing in the UEFA Cup, his former
club must not have played in the UEFA Cup at any point in the current
season.

If I'm reading it correctly, a club that plays in CL, can register a player who played in EL previously in the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)