Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (32 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Amauri does indeed go to Real, he'll have world class players around him. Should Higuain go down with injury, he would probably play as Mou's target man.

Prediction: Amauri scores tons of goals and the same people who screamed sell sell sell would suddenly want him back.

It's all too predictable.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I for one have my mind made up. Anyone can score with those players providing you road head the way they do.

We don't have those world class players and that's all the more reason why we need a world class striker who does need to have their hand held for 90 mins.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
If Amauri does indeed go to Real, he'll have world class players around him. Should Higuain go down with injury, he would probably play as Mou's target man.

Prediction: Amauri scores tons of goals and the same people who screamed sell sell sell would suddenly want him back.

It's all too predictable.
After last season, teeth, I was hopeful we would seel him. As whilst most the team were shocking, Amauri seemed to me to be one of the most depressed players in our squad...Still, with the as expected 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 coming to our club, as well as greatly improving our flank players, our system now suits him perfectly. His heading has always been of a very high quality, and last season, without any crosses, he suffered horridly...Diego, last season, had far too much to do on his own. The rest of the midfield treated the ball like a scorching hot potato, putting even more weight on the shoulder of diego. With other players in the starting XI who actually enjoy the ball, Diego's job is made easier, he has more options when he has the ball at his feet, options of players who like him, want the ball. This makes it harder for the opposition, as shackling us becomes more difficult than 'double up on Diego'.

we saw the same thing once or twice last season when we played with a 4-2-3-1...Diego had help either side, and it made us much more flowing when we moved forward.

Amauri seems happier now, but its too early to tell, from friendlies and the shamrock game. But the early signs are promising, and I hope he stays and grabs 20+ goals this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)