Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (10 Viewers)

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Yeah balotelli is fun, but i doubt he would be that fun if his antics were in our shirt. Anyway the outcome of this swap would be interesting :)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Obviously, a striker whose main skill is heading will score more goals in a 4-4-2. Amauri looked half decent in our ranieri 4-4-2, but never world class to me. Never even amazing. Many of his goals were scrambled and prods from 3 yards. And I got used to him as simply a poor man's trezeguet. He has never seemed great at holding up the ball, or dribbling, or shooting. Yes, his form has suffered this season, like the rest of the squad, but of all our players, he has been the very worst for me. A striker who can barely shoot, should not be in our squad.
I hope very much that he is sold during the summer. Even accepting a huge loss, its better for the club and fans, for him to leave.

Mar 24, 2006
Screw the haters :p

haha said:
Zaccheroni wins “derby” against Santarcangelo. Hat-trick by Amauri

It was another traditional mid-week friendly match for Juventus. This time the opponents were a team well-known to Alberto Zaccheroni: Santarcangelo, a team from Romagna which is enlisted to the top parts of Group D in the Serie D. It is nearly a derby for the Juventus coach, also due to the coach being Roberto Rossi, a former assistant of his in the past.

The match ended with a 6-0 win for the bianconeri. The top scorer was Amauri, the scorer of a hat-trick. The other goals were scored by Felipe Melo, Grosso and Paolucci. All the goals were scored in the first half. In the second half, Pinsoglio had a great performance and remained unbeaten.

Zaccheroni could change the players at his disposal. Paolucci, Caceres and Legrottaglie remained for the longest time on the field, while the others played for one half. Exception was made for Trezeguet, Diego, Sissoko and Buffon, who did not take part in the match and followed a personalized programme and injured players Giovinco and Grygera.
So basically , he doesn't do his best on the official matches and explode on friendly matches .

Boksic

May 11, 2005
No matter how much of a "beast" he was in Palermo and couple of months with us, that's flat out ridiculous for a striker. I really don't get how people can defend this guy who obviously isn't all that. Zamparini has taken us for quite a ride.

I'll always remember Moggi's comment while we were fighting Milan to sign him; "Amauri is a good player but he's not worth the sum mentioned and besides, Trezeguet is better". Truer words have never been spoken.

Looking at the money spent and value got, this just might be our biggest flop, post-Calciopolli.
:agree:

Goals scored in the last 10 seasons (in serie A): 62
Goals scored by... let's say Nicola Amoruso in the last 10 seasons (in serie A): 76

:howler:
:lol: terrible

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Deserved, he was completely useless for the 45 minutes he spent on the pitch. I honestly believe that bringing him on for DP at half time instead of putting in Candreva for a midfielder (not Diego) cost us the three points today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)