Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (16 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What do you expect him to say?

Would some of you rather see him say (and really believe) that he has given up on his hopes to play for Italy?

I'm sure that if he had said that, nobody would say that he's a quitter...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Its different when you say it and someone else does
:D
What do you expect him to say?

Would some of you rather see him say (and really believe) that he has given up on his hopes to play for Italy?

I'm sure that if he had said that, nobody would say that he's a quitter...
I just thought it was funny because he seems to think the reason why neither country wants him is because of his passport.:disagree:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I kind of feel for him; he thought it would be easier for him to get a look in with the Azzurri, but essentially he has now compromised his chances of ever participating in a World Cup; I don't see him being called up in 2014, when he is like 34!

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Amauri accepts Marcello Lippi’s decision not to call him for the Italy get-together. “But I haven’t given up hope for the World Cup.”

The Juventus striker was in Lippi’s plans for the tournament, but red tape meant he was only able to take his Italian citizenship in March.

Nonetheless, the Brazilian-born hitman is not included in the squad for Italy’s get-together, which begins this evening.

“I have a respectful, clear and sincere rapport with the Coach, which is why I was not surprised at being left out. That decision was in the air,” Amauri told Red Carpet.

“I certainly cannot deny that it is disappointing, but I was expecting it. If the Coach had called me for this get-together, it would not have been fair to all the other strikers who are giving so much this season.

“Perhaps if my passport had arrived earlier, I would’ve had a better chance of getting into Lippi’s plans.

“In any case, with regards to the World Cup, I haven’t given up hope.” :sergio:

FI
What does he mean? If his passport had arrived earlier he would have been more motivated thus he would have played better? Class.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Quite simple really: Him waiting for so long on his passport gave him extra stress. Not being sure when (in time for the WC?) he would receive it, caused him some panic, leading to a crisis of faith & a lack of self confidence. Couple that with our dire season & he obviously could not perform at the highest level.

Makes perfect sense.

I'd imagine that, since everything has been sorted out now, a huge weight fell off his shoulders. Leading him to quit whining & moaning on the pitch and immediately start performing again. Like we could all witness on Sunday.

Uhm...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What does he mean? If his passport had arrived earlier he would have been more motivated thus he would have played better? Class.
I think he means that if he got his passport earlier (I think he expected to get it in September/October), he could have already played in the late qualifiers and in the friendlies, get to know his partners in the Azzurri attack better, and have a better chance to be included in the WC squad.
The poor form would have probably meant that he won't be called for South Africa anyway, but at least he wasn't gonna have the handicap of not playing at all for the Italian NT before the WC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)