Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (28 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Even if Secco did want to get rid of him, he wouldn't say to the press "Oh Amauri sucks we don't need him anymore". He doesn't want to cause unnecessary fuss or lower his value.

Jul 28, 2002
I appreciate we all lambast Amauri for his ineptude, but if he was with the squad pre 2006, he would be a goal machine. Wingers creating space and the crucial crosses for him to feed off. He is not mobile enough to act as a foil for Gio / Diego / Candreva. He would not work very well with Inter or Milan. At Barca however he may just about do a better job than Zlatan.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I appreciate we all lambast Amauri for his ineptude, but if he was with the squad pre 2006, he would be a goal machine. Wingers creating space and the crucial crosses for him to feed off. He is not mobile enough to act as a foil for Gio / Diego / Candreva. He would not work very well with Inter or Milan. At Barca however he may just about do a better job than Zlatan.
He's shit. FULL STOP.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He never really ever was a goal machine. You can put just about any striker that can head the ball pre2006 and they would have been a goal machine.

Hell, put me in the box with camo, neddy, and co. putting crosses on a silver platter and I would score.

Chiellini has almost as many goals, so by that reasoning he too would have scored more goals.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He never really ever was a goal machine. You can put just about any striker that can head the ball pre2006 and they would have been a goal machine.

Hell, put me in the box with camo, neddy, and co. putting crosses on a silver platter and I would score.

Chiellini has almost as many goals, so by that reasoning he too would have scored more goals.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Nobody likes a broken record.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The worst broken record here is the endless minutes watching Amauri do nothing.

I appreciate the constructive criticism though fellas. :tup:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The worst broken record here is the endless minutes watching Amauri do nothing.
:agree: I agree, watching Amauri produce nothing over the last several months has been really aggravating. Even when he wasn't scoring before he was putting in a massive effort and causing trouble for opposition defenses, ever since the Palermo game though he has been invisible.

He is far from being a useless player but the scoring drought has clearly taken an overwhelming toll on his confidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)