Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (10 Viewers)

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
i supported him for a long time but its time to accept that he is not good enough for juve.

if we are not able to buy 2 target men for next year he is the one that should leave and not trezeguet. i think that palermo's manager said that he would like him back. so we can include him in a bid for Kjaer.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I can't imagine what he would be worth now.

I however did not see the game today. I will however give thanks to the strikers that did score today, especially to the one who has been out most of the season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Still he made a point, unlike Amauri who can't make anything, except his badass hair.
His point is idiocy because even when Amauri was playing well he was overlooked... for players like Hulk.

But yeah, he won't get called up now, lets have a round of applause for these Parrots.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
His point is idiocy because even when Amauri was playing well he was overlooked... for players like Hulk.

But yeah, he won't get called up now, lets have a round of applause for these Parrots.
I didn't meant that, when I quoted him, I meant that he is really bad and I think that was his point. I didn't pay attention to how he came to that conclusion only because he made right conclusion.

I almost said that we need to give him another chance, but he got all the chances he could, it's time for a change. And I'm 100% sure that everyone would want to release him for free if we only didn't spent such a big money on him which is sad.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Amauri is good in 1 striker formations, definitely better than Iaquinta at least. Therefore, I'd wait for our next coach and his plans before getting rid of him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
How much is he worth now anyway? If we can sell him for 12-15 million, then I would definitely ship him to the most interested suitor; however, if some club offers as a ridiculous amount like 10 million, then we are better off keeping him and seeing how he performs next season.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Good like how? To isolate himself with no movement? With his form right now he would be the last striker I would call up in a 1 striker formation. For that you need someone that tries, runs into space, creates space for himself, and scores.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
How much is he worth now anyway? If we can sell him for 12-15 million, then I would definitely ship him to the most interested suitor; however, if some club offers as a ridiculous amount like 10 million, then we are better off keeping him and seeing how he performs next season.
we'd be lucky to get 12 for Apeman.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
In 1 striker formations the striker is often heavily marked. Therefore, he often needs to be able to hold the ball, wait for his teammates to join the attack and create chances for them. That's what Amauri is good at.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
As I've said before, Amauri works better in a system with wingers and a lot of wide play. He is a target man who holds up the ball for the recruits to come storming up the pitch. Since our only width is from the fullbacks, they usually don't get forward quick enough to provide an outlet for Amauri. And since the fullbacks are the players providing crosses, we don't get many of those chances, which Amauri is supposed to excel at.

In the 4-3-1-2, Amauri is indeed always playing with his back towards goal as his only support is from right behind him. He doesn't have any support out wide, which means his link up play isn't going to be utilized as much, along with the fact he's a lazy ass who doesn't make through runs.

Get Amauri some width and he'll do better, like he did when we deployed the 4-2-3-1 or straight 4-4-2. But even so, he's still not good enough and we should be looking elsewhere.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
InsouciantTerrorist said:
Get Amauri some width and he'll do better, like he did when we deployed the 4-2-3-1 or straight 4-4-2. But even so, he's still not good enough and we should be looking elsewhere.
We definitely should be looking elsewhere but if we are going to play 4-2-3-1 next season and Trez leaves, I'd rather keep Amauri as a backup than Iaquinta.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We would be lucky to get 3 million for Amauri, he is dreadful. The best option is to loan him out for a year and hope that we can sell him the following season.

Also, Amauri is terrible at holding the ball up, he loses it all the time, so I disagree with awit, amauri is good at nothing
Then you must have not seen him during his first season here or at Palermo. He was absolutely CRUCIAL when it came to holding the ball up, especially in matches such as those against Madrid in the CL. Everybody, including people who hate him now, were raving about that ability of his.

So no, you're wrong and misinterpreting overall ability for poor form.

And hell, I didn't even like the guy much before he joined, sheesh.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
agree with you Andy, Amauri potentially should do well in a 4-2-3-1
I would rather not see the outcome. I'd rather see both Yak and Amauri gone.

Iaquinta proved today he is much better that Amauri. There is no point keeping Amauri just to sit on the bench because we like the idea of 1 up front.
Yes, one game proves everything.

Judging by your avatar I think I get your MO.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I used to think Amauri was good as a target man, but he has a horrible first touch that's let's the team down when we need to keep the ball in our attacking third, he fouls to often as a result of not getting to the ball or losing it, and third he dribbles too much. Granted he might not get as much support but when he does get it he doesn't take advantage of it which goes back to his ballerina style dribbling(too much).

Add to that his inability to strike a ball well enough to take shots on goal. He only seems confident in using his head and frankly we need a striker that can do both, not one dimensional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)