Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (22 Viewers)

Sep 18, 2008
Then you must have not seen him during his first season here or at Palermo. He was absolutely CRUCIAL when it came to holding the ball up, especially in matches such as those against Madrid in the CL. Everybody, including people who hate him now, were raving about that ability of his.

So no, you're wrong and misinterpreting overall ability for poor form.

And hell, I didn't even like the guy much before he joined, sheesh.
I saw Amauri at Palermo and the first HALF season at Juve, I thought he was average to say the best but he had huge potential and could hold a ball up better than he can now. However, his potential failed to materialise as we are all aware.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 18, 2008
Lol I love this, the past few weeks everybody was calling for Yaks head now after he scores his first goals in months he is suddenly Gerd Muller.
I have always been a fan of Yaks, he gives 100% and will always get in positions where he can score. I don't mean to offend anyone, I just was stating that Juve seem to play better with Yaks and without Amauri.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sir Andy,

I said I didn't see the game and I wasn't commenting on his game today. I was just browsing on my break and saw a healthy discussion, so I wanted to throw my 2 cents. I guess my money isn't welcome here. :stuckup:

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Amauri is best with a 4-4-2 formation, He's better in the air/headers.
With a 4-4-2 formation he's provided with plenty of crosses by wingers and full backs, thats why he was better under Ranieri.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Goals scored in the last 10 seasons (in serie A): 62
Goals scored by... let's say Nicola Amoruso in the last 10 seasons (in serie A): 76

:howler:
No matter how much of a "beast" he was in Palermo and couple of months with us, that's flat out ridiculous for a striker. I really don't get how people can defend this guy who obviously isn't all that. Zamparini has taken us for quite a ride.

I'll always remember Moggi's comment while we were fighting Milan to sign him; "Amauri is a good player but he's not worth the sum mentioned and besides, Trezeguet is better". Truer words have never been spoken.

Looking at the money spent and value got, this just might be our biggest flop, post-Calciopolli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)