Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (12 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
that was exactly my initial point... Amauri was on form because the ball was fed to his head through crosses. He didnt have to do much dribbling and he didnt have to do much running with the ball or passing. He stuck to what he knows best and that is Headers and he was superb at it.
But that's not even true. The ball was at his feet quite a bit because Amauri brought it down from all those long balls that we idiotically played last year. He had to hold up the ball for the support to come along, which was mostly from the flank, in which he did a GREAT job because usually he would have two defenders around him with no help whatsoever.

So no, he was not just adept with his head, but quite good with the ball overall. That's how we managed to poach great results in the Champions League last year, because despite the lack of creativity and team fluidity, Amauri holding up the ball allowed holes to open up. He did A LOT of dribbling to get free from his marks.

This is all quite well-known and documented, but often overlooked.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
But that's not even true. The ball was at his feet quite a bit because Amauri brought it down from all those long balls that we idiotically played last year. He had to hold up the ball for the support to come along, which was mostly from the flank, in which he did a GREAT job because usually he would have two defenders around him with no help whatsoever.

So no, he was not just adept with his head, but quite good with the ball overall. That's how we managed to get great results in the Champions League last year, because despite the lack of creativity, Amauri holding up the ball allowed holes to be opened up. He did A LOT of dribbling to get free from his marks.

This is all quite well-known and documented, but often overlooked.
:tup: :tup: :agree:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Forza Amauri! I hope he regains his form from the 1'st part of last season; perhaps he is a 1/2 season type of guy, which would seem to suggest that he is scheduled for a stellar 2'nd half of the season.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Iaquinta is a joke in front of goal. People are forgetting that while we were having a good run of form earlier in the season, when Melo and Diego and the rest of the team was playing well comparatively to now, Iaquinta was missing chance after chance. This guy literally needs five chances to score one goal, chances that Amauri does not receive in this point in time because the whole side has gone to crap. Amauri is lucky to even see one decent chance these days, let alone five. So now you lot are overrating Yak.
You are correct about Iaquinta, but if one Trezeguet managed to scrap in 8 goals with half the time on the pitch and just as little service, I really can't see how that can be an excuse for Amauri. He's supposed to be the one that creates and scores. So that either means Trezeguet is 5 times better or Amauri is just not that good. I think it's both. Just against Bari, I saw only the last 30 minutes mind you, Amauri had a handful of chances and squandered all of them.

May 29, 2003
I'll tell you why the criticism of Amauri is double that of Iaquinta's when they're both laughably profligate in the box, and it's got nothing to do with nationality.

One player cost our club 11 million euros.

You know how much the other cost?

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
icεmαή;2275153 said:
He is actually a good dribbler. He just looks clumsy when he does it.
I can imagine Secco stating exactly the same in some interview!:lol:

I think it´s true however...

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
icεmαή;2275132 said:
An in-form Amauri is definitely greater than an in-form Iaquinta. But how long will we wait for him to get back to form. Its been ages already.
An in form Amauri is indeed the more complete player compared to an in-form Iaquinta, no doubt.
But where Amuari has been in form for about 1/3 of the time (while at Juve), Iaquinta has been in form at least half of the time. So that doesn't necessarily make Iaquinta a better player, but it does make him a more useful one.

About the whole moaning thing: I completely understand his moaning due to his frustration at missing chances (which he has done regularly, despite rather poor service).
However, I do not like him moaning whenever one of his teammates gives him a difficult pass or an imperfect cross.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Okay so David Trezeguet scored one goal last season, and Iaquinta scored over 15 in different competitions, does that make Iaquinta a better striker?

Rate Amauri according to his form in the last few years, not months, If a player is not performing so well when the team is winning then you can criticize him, but when the whole team is crap then it's the coach's problem

and when they're all crap, and Seba is super awesome then he's a legend in the making

and when you read in the news that he might be leaving find the nearest wall and hit your head cursing Blanc and Secco :wallbang:

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Amauri is in a rut as all the team is. This whole 'hasn't done anything since 1st half of last season' is rubbish. He started scoring just before the whole team went into a bad patch that we are currently in right now.

Most of his criticism about stuff like his hair and moaning is just clutching at straws and basically BS.

Italia Todd

Dec 15, 2009
Amauri is far supperior to Iaquinta if that is the comparison everyone is going to make here. Iacrappa has nothing to his game but speed. His finishing is terrible and so is his technique. He would never see the pitch if I were the manager, and I don't know HOW he gets call ups to the national team.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Amauri is far supperior to Iaquinta if that is the comparison everyone is going to make here. Iacrappa has nothing to his game but speed. His finishing is terrible and so is his technique. He would never see the pitch if I were the manager, and I don't know HOW he gets call ups to the national team.
Let me remind you who was our most prolific striker this spring, saved us against Bate Borisov and scored against Chelsea and Bordeaux.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You are correct about Iaquinta, but if one Trezeguet managed to scrap in 8 goals with half the time on the pitch and just as little service, I really can't see how that can be an excuse for Amauri. He's supposed to be the one that creates and scores. So that either means Trezeguet is 5 times better or Amauri is just not that good. I think it's both. Just against Bari, I saw only the last 30 minutes mind you, Amauri had a handful of chances and squandered all of them.
Trezeguet just gets in better positions than Amauri and doesn't worry about holding up the ball as much, thus getting rid of it more quickly to get into better position for a cross. Nobody is denying that Trezeguet is a better scorer.

If you think Trezeguet is 5 times better than Amauri as a player, then now you're overrating Trezeguet. The only thing the latter does better is score goals.

This forum is a joke at times. Everybody has their favorites and they don't analyze things objectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)