Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (33 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Trezeguet just gets in better positions than Amauri and doesn't worry about holding up the ball as much, thus getting rid of it more quickly to get into better position for a cross. Nobody is denying that Trezeguet is a better scorer.

If you think Trezeguet is 5 times better than Amauri as a player, then now you're overrating Trezeguet. The only thing the latter does better is score goals.

This forum is a joke at times. Everybody has their favorites and they don't analyze things objectively.
I don't care to dissect each player's abilities, I care for what they give on the pitch. Trez scores goals, Amauri doesn't. It used to be Amauri creates goals, Amauri draws defenders on him, opens up space, etc. but in all honesty he's not doing any of that. It's been almost a whole year now. Everyone has dips in form, but come on. I wasn't on Amauri's back at all, I just started now cause he's doing exactly the same thing Ibra did in his last season, but gets less crap.

Buy on AliExpress.com

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Amauri is far supperior to Iaquinta if that is the comparison everyone is going to make here. Iacrappa has nothing to his game but speed. His finishing is terrible and so is his technique. He would never see the pitch if I were the manager, and I don't know HOW he gets call ups to the national team.
That's not a nice name to call a guy who always gives 100% and scores important goals for your team.

If Amauri is getting bashed for a 6 out of form months, then IQ shouldn't get bashed for 3 bad games he played before his injury this season.

You're not a true juventino :stuckup:

Jun 7, 2003
Trezeguet just gets in better positions than Amauri and doesn't worry about holding up the ball as much, thus getting rid of it more quickly to get into better position for a cross. Nobody is denying that Trezeguet is a better scorer.

If you think Trezeguet is 5 times better than Amauri as a player, then now you're overrating Trezeguet. The only thing the latter does better is score goals.

This forum is a joke at times. Everybody has their favorites and they don't analyze things objectively.
and only that matters for a striker

amauri is a overrated bitch, looks like batistuta and plays like the little fat guy from my park

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I know Pazzini is better than Amauri, but we need someone who is much much much better than Amauri.

We need a striker who can makes a revolution in Serie A.

If we're spending millions again, it's gotta be a very ambitious and talented young player like Dzeko, for example.

Sciacca

I'm Fabio Capello
Dec 19, 2009
I know Pazzini is better than Amauri, but we need someone who is much much much better than Amauri.

We need a striker who can makes a revolution in Serie A.

If we're spending millions again, it's gotta be a very ambitious and talented young player like Dzeko, for example.
well let's not forget we have Iaquinta, but he is still injured. Trez is still ok, as he can still put balls in back of the net.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
well let's not forget we have Iaquinta, but he is still injured. Trez is still ok, as he can still put balls in back of the net.
Iaquinta? Trez?

I said we need a new striker who can makes a revolution in Serie A.

Someone like Shevechenko for Milan, Batistuta for Fiorentina or even the old Trezeguet for us.

We need a WC striker and Pazzini isn't one.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Trust me, if we're going to sell every player who loses his good form for a while, then I assure you that we'll become precalciopoli merda :) and end up with Julio Cruz and Rivas

May 29, 2003
Then blame Secco, not Amauri.
I'm not blaming anyone for anything.

I'm saying: he cost double Iaquinta, so more was and is expected than Iaquinta.

IMO, it's right that he gets doubly criticized. Iaquinta is absolutely value-for-money. Amauri is not. It's not a fault, it's a fact.

For what he cost us he should be doing more. Simple as that.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm not blaming anyone for anything.

I'm saying: he cost double Iaquinta, so more was and is expected than Iaquinta.

IMO, it's right that he gets doubly criticized. Iaquinta is absolutely value-for-money. Amauri is not. It's not a fault, it's a fact.

For what he cost us he should be doing more. Simple as that.
So if Secco paid 20 million Pounds for the new striker George W. Bush, would you expect more out of him because that's how much he cost?

Get real.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But he didn't. He paid 22.8 million for a player described as a champion.

Is he a champion in your eyes, inflated Zamparini price-tag not withstanding?
Depends on what you mean by a champion. I'm not one to judge players on what they have won, throwing around frivolous adjectives and descriptions such as "world cup winner" or "champions league winner" because some great players don't get a chance to go that far. Too many folks here subscribe to this nonsense, and it alarms me that you bring it up. If so, one might as well call Baggio a loser, since he fucked it up for Italy in 1994.

Considering the inflated market prices in world football, yes I do think that sum is reasonable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)