Amauri Carvalho de Oliveira (4 Viewers)

At what cost would you be ok with Amauri?

• Giovinco + cash

• De Ceglie + Criscito + cash

• De Ceglie + Criscito + Giovinco

• Nocerino + Almiron + Marchionni

• Almiron + Marchionni + cash

• Fuck no, don't want him at all

• Almiron+cash

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
no! amauri is over-rated, too old and costs too much!
:disagree:

he's 28!!!!!

if 28 is too old then we should terminate del piero, neddy, camo and trezegeut's contracts immediately!!!

and if this is a trade where we can get rid of the heavily criticized pallagol then why not??

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Actually, Amauri for Palladino is the only good thing in that article.
But the rest of it sucks.
Imagine our three mercato stars to be Amauri, Flamini (for free, may i remind you) and Francesco Modesto.

Luckily it's just Corriere who reported this.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
:disagree:

he's 28!!!!!

if 28 is too old then we should terminate del piero, neddy, camo and trezegeut's contracts immediately!!!

and if this is a trade where we can get rid of the heavily criticized pallagol then why not??
no, that is not my point we didn't buy them players when they were nearly 30, and even if nedved was 29 when we brought him he is 100x the player amauri will ever be. We should be strengthening our squad with players for the future not wasting 20mil on him, I am totaly against his transfer, I don't want him, iaquinta can do what he does. We don't have money to waste

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
If it ended up being Amauri, Lampard and Capel... it might be a decent mercato, with one major hole. Defense.

Birindelli is finished, Andrade is probably finished too, Criscito is not improving to the level we hoped, Molinaro stinks, Stendardo goes back to Lazio most likely.

That leaves Zebina, Chiellini, Grygera, Legrottaglie and Mellberg. With Salihamidzic as depth. That's not a CL quality defense by any means. Chiellini is the only WC starter... the rest of them are quality depth.

Amauri, Lampard, Capel and Vargas... now that is a good mercato. Even though VDV or Diego might be better midfield options.

Iaquinta09

Apr 20, 2005
If it ended up being Amauri, Lampard and Capel... it might be a decent mercato, with one major hole. Defense.

Birindelli is finished, Andrade is probably finished too, Criscito is not improving to the level we hoped, Molinaro stinks, Stendardo goes back to Lazio most likely.

That leaves Zebina, Chiellini, Grygera, Legrottaglie. With Salihamidzic as depth. That's not a CL quality defense by any means. Chiellini is the only WC starter... the rest of them are quality depth.

Amauri, Lampard, Capel and Vargas... now that is a good mercato. Even though VDV or Diego might be better midfield options.
we have mellberg too, but juve need more , 1 cb, 1 rb and a lb

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Swap him is one thing, trade him for player and money is another one!
Amauri is better but Palla is younger and promising,
if Palermo agrees on a straight swap, i wouldnt mind,
but if they also want cash then a big NO,
forwards are not our priorities this year, esp after the loss of Andrade, we need to buy defenders and a new left wing. All the money available should be used there,
now if we can swap a sub for a starter, that would be cool !

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Swap him is one thing, trade him for player and money is another one!
Amauri is better but Palla is younger and promising,
if Palermo agrees on a straight swap, i wouldnt mind,
but if they also want cash then a big NO,
forwards are not our priorities this year, esp after the loss of Andrade, we need to buy defenders and a new left wing. All the money available should be used there,
now if we can swap a sub for a starter, that would be cool !
That crazy zampagrini guy wont except it. He wants 25 million euros for his amauri!! Pala is worth "IMO" 10-15 million max... so still we have to pay extra $$. I hope we can get a young talented forward instead of amauri........

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Saying no to a Amauri-Palladino swap would be hard IMO.Amauri is a much better player than Palladino.The two of them arent even on the same level.The only thing Palladino brings us is youth,and its not like he's a raw teenager.Palermo have overpriced Amauri obviously,but a 10m swap deal involving Palladino sounds reasonable enough.

PS.There is no way in hell that Palladino would be worth 10-15m.What we might get for him and what he's actually worth are two seperate things.If someone's willing to play 10m for him,then good enough,but i dont see anyone splashing out so much cash for someone like him.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
We should just go ahead and try a swap deal with AS Monaco. Almiron+$$= Menez.

Menez can help Camoranesi in the creativity department. He can dribble and play in different positions: Attacking Midfielder, Supporting Striker and Center Forward.

PS: Lets not forget that AS Monaco has been providing really good strikers in the past years; Henry (Barca), Trezegol and Adebayor (Arsenal)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
no, that is not my point we didn't buy them players when they were nearly 30, and even if nedved was 29 when we brought him he is 100x the player amauri will ever be. We should be strengthening our squad with players for the future not wasting 20mil on him, I am totaly against his transfer, I don't want him, iaquinta can do what he does. We don't have money to waste
1st of all amauri will be the most sought after player coming out of serie A this offseason, and that doesn't happen if he wasn’t a good player.

My 2nd point is that the youth you speak of (for example: palladino) is one of the primary weaknesses of our attack squad. Swapping him for amauri would be a positive upgrade 10/10 times. That is only speaking about our offense, our defense is an entirely different more grave situation on its own.

3rd, where do you plan on finding these youthful players to rebuild our club with? Also how do you plan on attracting/signing these players to juve with our current board/GM/coach???

4th, I agree with building for the future but lets compare ourselves with our fellow serie A counterparts:
>> inter - besides a handful of youth they claim the scudetto (minus the calciopoli scandals and conspiracies) with an experienced old squad

>> milan - CL champs with kaka who is the only significant young catalyst on the team. Otherwise, pippo, maldini, gattuso, seedorf, oddo, etc.. Are all "old" veterans who brought the rosso to the top of europe.

Its simple mathematics really...

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I agree,and i kinda disagree with the age notion.We have our set of young players in the squad.Sissoko's young,Giorgio's young..then you have players like De Ceglie and Giovinco..raw players with promise,who will hopefully be intergral squad players for us next season.Other than these players,i have to say that our midfield is getting long in the tooth.Camo,Zanetti,Sali,Nedved..they are all on the wrong side of the 30's.You move into the forwards,and our 2 best forwards are over 30.Our situation isnt as dire as Milan's,but i think we do need an influx of youngsters in our squad.A controlled influx.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I agree,and i kinda disagree with the age notion.We have our set of young players in the squad.Sissoko's young,Giorgio's young..then you have players like De Ceglie and Giovinco..raw players with promise,who will hopefully be intergral squad players for us next season.Other than these players,i have to say that our midfield is getting long in the tooth.Camo,Zanetti,Sali,Nedved..they are all on the wrong side of the 30's.You move into the forwards,and our 2 best forwards are over 30.Our situation isnt as dire as Milan's,but i think we do need an influx of youngsters in our squad.A controlled influx.
i agree with you, we need a good balance

but we need to get amauri!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
1st of all amauri will be the most sought after player coming out of serie A this offseason, and that doesn't happen if he wasn’t a good player.

My 2nd point is that the youth you speak of (for example: palladino) is one of the primary weaknesses of our attack squad. Swapping him for amauri would be a positive upgrade 10/10 times. That is only speaking about our offense, our defense is an entirely different more grave situation on its own.

3rd, where do you plan on finding these youthful players to rebuild our club with? Also how do you plan on attracting/signing these players to juve with our current board/GM/coach???

4th, I agree with building for the future but lets compare ourselves with our fellow serie A counterparts:
>> inter - besides a handful of youth they claim the scudetto (minus the calciopoli scandals and conspiracies) with an experienced old squad

>> milan - CL champs with kaka who is the only significant young catalyst on the team. Otherwise, pippo, maldini, gattuso, seedorf, oddo, etc.. Are all "old" veterans who brought the rosso to the top of europe.

Its simple mathematics really...
:tup: :tup:
We do need some youngsters but IMO, Palladino would be better off at Palermo or a team that suits him. I mean, if we keep Ranieri we'll never see him as a striker. It's best for him to leave, and this swap deal would benefit both him and Juve. As you said, our situation isn't as dire as Milan's and we have enough time to find some promising youth.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
PS.There is no way in hell that Palladino would be worth 10-15m.What we might get for him and what he's actually worth are two seperate things.If someone's willing to play 10m for him,then good enough,but i dont see anyone splashing out so much cash for someone like him.
If there is such a man, that would be the greatest Palla's admirer, Ferguson:jvefan:

Amauri certainly doesnt worth 25 mil and we certainly dont need to splash that cash for a position we are loaded up, esp when we suffer pretty bad in other areas,
there is absolutely no way to find an interest in this transfer
Palla +10 mil is unacceptable IMO and with 25 mil we could sign world class finishers,
or someone much younger than Amauri...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)