Alvaro Morata (24 Viewers)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Nah. Spain golden generation ended almost a decade again. New Spain kinda sucks. Outscoring guys like David Villa, Fernando Torres, Raul, etc is more impressive. :p

But Lewandowski > Morata obviously. And it’s never been close lol
I agree it's impressive outscoring the likes of Torres, Raul, Villa etc, but can we still agree the Spanish national team is far superior to the Polish one? Meaning it's way harder for Lewa to score 5 goals for Poland than it is for Morata to do the same with Spain. Even if this Spanish national team is bad compared to the other one historically are they still much better than the Poles on pretty much all positions bar 1-2.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I agree it's impressive outscoring the likes of Torres, Raul, Villa etc, but can we still agree the Spanish national team is far superior to the Polish one? Meaning it's way harder for Lewa to score 5 goals for Poland than it is for Morata to do the same with Spain. Even if this Spanish national team is bad compared to the other one historically are they still much better than the Poles on pretty much all positions bar 1-2.
Nah. Easier in the past, not now. And the style of play matters. This Spain team only intermittently creates good chances and doesn’t really play for their strikers or to Morty’s strengths which is direct attacking with pace, not this bore the opponent to death with outdated Tiki-Taka until they have a lapse and a chance can be created.

Poland is built to supply Lewandowski with chances. That’s it.

Anyways, both have impressive European Championship scoring records.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
No doubt Morata has played great today! And I prefaced what stats I show below by saying he has been a productive player for Juve.

11 league goals
2 Lazio
2 Spezia
2 Bologna
1 Fiorentina
1 Genoa
1 Benevento
1 Parma C
1.Crontone

6 champ goals
3 Dynamo K
3 Feren
0 Barca

The competition speaks for itself but those 17 goals I agree is production. Hopefully his best is yet to come.
:jflag:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How has Morata been doing for Juventus last season?
Fantastic start to the season, just killed it, then got sick with some weird fatigue illness and was never the same after January. Really disappointing as he moped and hung his head a lot down the stretch. Had a great performance in last match of the season though to clinch 4th place for us though with two goals and created a third with his hard work.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Fantastic start to the season, just killed it, then got sick with some weird fatigue illness and was never the same after January. Really disappointing as he moped and hung his head a lot down the stretch. Had a great performance in last match of the season though to clinch 4th place for us though with two goals and created a third with his hard work.
Didn't he end up as your CL topscorer or do I remember it wrong? Just remember him scoring a handful or more in the group stage.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No doubt Morata has played great today! And I prefaced what stats I show below by saying he has been a productive player for Juve.

11 league goals
2 Lazio
2 Spezia
2 Bologna
1 Fiorentina
1 Genoa
1 Benevento
1 Parma C
1.Crontone

6 champ goals
3 Dynamo K
3 Feren
0 Barca

The competition speaks for itself but those 17 goals I agree is production. Hopefully his best is yet to come.
:jflag:
Also scored in Supercoppa final against Napoli to seal the win.

Juve sucked as a team against pretty much all the good sides we played last year. Hard to read much into this, as we didn’t create many good chances for our forwards in those matches.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't he end up as your CL topscorer or do I remember it wrong? Just remember him scoring a handful or more in the group stage.
he did. He killed it there. Was the reason we topped our group. 6 goals. Tied for 3rd leading scorer of entire tourney lol

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Also scored in Supercoppa final against Napoli to seal the win.

Juve sucked as a team against pretty much all the good sides we played last year. Hard to read much into this, as we didn’t create many good chances for our forwards in those matches.

- - - Updated - - -

he did. He killed it there. Was the reason we topped our group. 6 goals. Tied for 3rd leading scorer of entire tourney lol
He was really clutch in your 2014-15 CL campaign, remembering him scoring against Dortmund in both legs, Real Madrid in both legs and then in the final.

These two matches were really good to watch as a neutral. Who was the Juve player preventing James with a free header on the line? That was really a momentum shift had they scored there.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He was really clutch in your 2014-15 CL campaign, remembering him scoring against Dortmund in both legs, Real Madrid in both legs and then in the final.

These two matches were really good to watch as a neutral. Who was the Juve player preventing James with a free header on the line? That was really a momentum shift had they scored there.
Sturaro, Disco Stu. :lol:

Too bad he turned into “the accidental footballer” after that brief flash in the pan of glory lol

Morty also was dominant at the Allianz the next year. Created chance after chance with his relentless pressing, running, and passing. And got very unlucky that his goal that would have seen us through was chalked off as offside, even though he was over a metre onside :sergio:

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
He was really clutch in your 2014-15 CL campaign, remembering him scoring against Dortmund in both legs, Real Madrid in both legs and then in the final..
So without question he has the ability then to do so again. Though that was 6 years ago. My wife wants him to stay at Juve. First seeing him, "look at that good looking Italian boy" lol close enough.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Sturaro, Disco Stu. :lol:

Too bad he turned into “the accidental footballer” after that brief flash in the pan of glory lol

Morty also was dominant at the Allianz the next year. Created chance after chance with his relentless pressing, running, and passing. And got very unlucky that his goal that would have seen us through was chalked off as offside, even though he was over a metre onside :sergio:
Yeah I remember him being very good against Bayern also. He got an assists in the first game.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Do I get you wrong here or are you saying it's okay for people to say they wish your kids to die just because you're a public figure?
It's not ok, but it is expected. Morata should just ignore/block social media messages. It's not hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, apologies. I thought you were talking about Alvaro. Had no idea you were referring to Elvin :snoop:

Agree on the second part then. He gets in his own head too much and spirals any time he has a bad patch.
If I were Morata, I wouldnt give a shit what anyone says online. He is too sensitive. Just because someone wished smth online doesnt manifest itself in real life ffs. Just report, block or simply ignore. It goes away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)