Alvaro Morata (31 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Changed to what? Exclude trailing body parts, torso comparison only? I am not sure what people have it mind when they say change, so I am okay with what it is right now.
Should be based on foot position alone imo. Attackers are often leaning towards goal as they start their runs. Whereas defenders leaning the opposite way as they watch man with ball/move to spring offside trap. Attacking advantage should be just that, body can be leaning past but feet have to be in line, which is very obvious marker for offsides without controversy, and not this nonsense where a player is leaning offside with his shoulder or his knee is bent past by a couple cm.

Same deal with ice hockey, you aren’t offside because you have your stick or your body leaning across the blue line before puck enters. Your skates have to be across.

Attacking player should only have to worry about feet. Clearest and best offside rule possible in my opinion.

@DAiDEViL

Morata would probably still be offside lots, because he clearly plays his game at the margins trying to get every little bit of advantage possible in terms of positioning. Most players who have that style are often offside. It’s annoying, but it’s also part of why he is so effective and constantly draws the attention of defensive line.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
@DAiDEViL

Morata would probably still be offside lots, because he clearly plays his game at the margins trying to get every little bit of advantage possible in terms of positioning. Most players who have that style are often offside. It’s annoying, but it’s also part of why he is so effective and constantly draws the attention of defensive line.
Oh absolutely. It's one of the reasons that made me become a fan from day one.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Changed to what? Exclude trailing body parts, torso comparison only? I am not sure what people have it mind when they say change, so I am okay with what it is right now.
As I said before unless there is day light between the forward and defender it shouldnt be offside. Basically the opposite of what it is now. The way it used to be when they used to give the benefit of doubt to the striker. Would make the game so much better the way it is now clearly isn't good for the game.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He has been brilliant but this offside stuff is nothing new for morata he was a offside machine at chelsea too he cant be just unlucky all the time.
He's a striker that plays on the shoulder, he is always going to get a lot of offsides.

The margin that he has been offside for 5 of his 6 disallowed goals has been unlucky, especially when it is by a kneecap like against Verona.

As I said before unless there is day light between the forward and defender it shouldnt be offside. Basically the opposite of what it is now. The way it used to be when they used to give the benefit of doubt to the striker. Would make the game so much better the way it is now clearly isn't good for the game.
I'd say daylight would be harder to monitor for the refs. Plus what happens if there is no daylight because of a toe or shoulder like currently?

It would give rise to more goals (something that doesn't seem to be lacking in world football recently) but you would've a lot of the same issues, just using daylight instead of the defender as your offside line.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He's a striker that plays on the shoulder, he is always going to get a lot of offsides.

The margin that he has been offside for 5 of his 6 disallowed goals has been unlucky, especially when it is by a kneecap like against Verona.

I'd say daylight would be harder to monitor for the refs. Plus what happens if there is no daylight because of a toe or shoulder like currently?

It would give rise to more goals (something that doesn't seem to be lacking in world football recently) but you would've a lot of the same issues, just using daylight instead of the defender as your offside line.
:tup:

Daylight would be too tough to judge. That’s why I think it should be foot position entirely. Rest of the body shouldn’t matter at all. You shouldn’t be able to lean offside. Or have your kneecap pushing you offside lol. The attacking advantage should be that you can maintain your onside position with your feet while still being able to be leaning forward to run through on a pass or cross without being offside.

Last edited:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

what a massive improvement. quite unexpected too. nothing but praise for this guy's start of the season.
I admit I have a soft spot for dedicated and passionate players while despising the careless pedestrian *sneezes*pogba*/sneezes* kind.

Even if his numbers were just the same as last time he was here I'd still say he's been exceeding every and any expectations anyone had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)