Alvaro Morata (47 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
lmao, he scored 10 goals in last 5 games and only 4 of those counted. That some surreal bullshit, most of these disallowed goals were milimeters and caused by a stupid rules, else we would be talking about the most inform striker in Europe, bar Lewandowski maybe.
The rule is bullshit. Benefit should always be given to the striker this rule is ruining the game. Unless there is is day light between the forward and defender I think it should be on side.

Like if any part of the purge body is in line with a defender it's on side not the other way round

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The rule is bullshit. Benefit should always be given to the striker this rule is ruining the game. Unless there is is delayed between the forward and fender I think it should be on side.
But that simply can't be with VAR. It's either offside or it isn't. And let's not pretend tuz wouldn't complain if we concede a goal from a slight offside position if it could have been easily ruled out by VAR.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
But that simply can't be with VAR. It's either offside or it isn't. And let's not pretend tuz wouldn't complain if we concede a goal from a slight offside position if it could have been easily ruled out by VAR.
well this should be calculated somehow, because this for example:
1604327137627.png

how the hell can you call this offside?his whole body is on sideand this is something that should count, not part of his leg

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
well this should be calculated somehow, because this for example:
1604327137627.png

how the hell can you call this offside?his whole body is on sideand this is something that should count, not part of his leg
Also the ball has already left Cuadrado's foot.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Very unlucky thus far and yet still showing very promising signs, looks like a completely different player compared to the last time he was here, much more mature and stronger when it comes to remaining on his feet, positioning and timing wise still needs to be worked on though.
He has been absolutely perfect so far.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
the problem is by definition of an offside rule attacker is gaining advantage by his position, which he is not in this case. How does the position of his feet matter when he actually has to go back to collect the ball.
Also this is not accurate checking how do they know when Cuads actually passed the ball, if they want to be so accurate then they have to know exact milisecond of this, calculating it according to the picture is bullshit.
I dont know how it should be done, but for me, things like this are ruining the game, just like cancelling a goal because there was a foul 1 minute before it in the build up. totalbullshit.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I agree with the sentiment, and obviously don't like it, but what DD says is true, it's a clinical and factual rule brought in and backed up by technology. So if they want to disregard some common sense and the benefit to attacking play for the sake of centimetres on body parts and rule like that then it becomes the same frustration for everyone.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Some of you almost sound like anti Juventini complaining about technology backed offside calls.

While there have been actual crap ref calls in our games including pk's not given, a red, and fouls not being called fouls.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I'm not entirely convinced that VAR will get it 100% right, because the technology still requires the decision of when the ball was played to be made. It's impossible (with current set up at least) to be completely sure of when the ball leaves the feet of the passer. Because there is going to be that margin of error and when the difference is only a few millimetres, there should be a way to account for that error.
Cricket (which has been embracing technology for decades) gets this right IMO by deciding that if the call is within the margin of error, then the on field umpires' call takes precedence. The other day I saw Mane get called offside (vs Everton I think it was) and the blue and red lines were basically on top of each other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)