Alvaro Morata (20 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I find it hard to find a single player on that list that you didn't overpay for. Herrera and Bailly probably the closest ones.

Also your reasoning for most prices are so way off that they make absolutely no sense.

First of all yes you can negotiate on a price even when the player has a release clause. Infact Juve is doing just that at the moment in the N'Zonzi negotiations. Release clause means you don't have to negotiate with the selling club at all.

Mata didn't come to ManU straight from his player of the season years infact he was a bench player for Chelsea (under Mou) and they happily got rid as they had no more use for him.

Di Maria never wanted to come to United as he prefered PSG as a destination. United got him because PSG wasn't willing to pay as much as United did (that should tell you something).

Shaw was a teenager who had one good season under his belt. Huge risk in signing such players but atleast there's the fact that he's English which in part explains the pricing.

Martial isn't France's future. Both him and Depay were very risky signigns that you overpaid for at the time. Martial might still turn out good but he was nowhere worth what you paid for him at the time nor is he now.

The price paid for Morgan "better than Vidal" Schneiderlin is just ridiculous.

While you overpaid for Pogba too he atleast is hugely talented and can be a key player for you for years.
:tup: perfectly put

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 9, 2015
United is so overpaying for every player they buy :facepalm2:

Bailly
Villareal bought for 6M​
United 40M​

Lindelof
Benfica bought for 3M​
United 35M at least​

Herrera
Bilbao payed 7.5M​
United 35M​

Mkhytaryan
Dortmund payed 22M​
United 42M​

Martial
Monaco payed 5M​
United 50-80M​

Pogba
Juventus signed him for free from United​
United 100M+​

Now Morata for 75M?

Where is your scouting system seriously? Some players were also very high rated before they made a step to the clubs where United buys them from. Bailly, Mkhytaryan had also big name by Espanyol and Shaktar. They don't know that they are doing. No problem for me tho, hope tha clubs fails and get 1002i342904234902 million debt.

United#7

May 30, 2017
I cant believe someone claiming to be a United fan has a midfield discussion and didnt mention Paul Scholes even once.

Scholes. Ronaldo said he was the best teammate he ever had. Each United teammated said the same. Zidane said he was the best midfielder when everyone else thought he was.

Nope, you mention wingers.

See. This is what is wrong with you kids.
I might not have been clear enough, mate. By 'midfield', I was referring to our entire CM in general. We only had a truly great midfield in 94, but that doesn't mean I don't rate Scholes. In fact, in all the years I've watched United, the only player I rate more than him is Keane.

In Scholes' prime from 06-11, we didn't really have a great midfield. He was class, don't get me wrong, but surrounding him were Carrick (good, but not elite), Giggs, and when healthy, Hargreaves and Fletcher. On the flip side, we always had (until 2012ish) great wingers. That's what I meant. I wouldn't dare criticize Scholes.

- - - Updated - - -

United is so overpaying for every player they buy :facepalm2:

Bailly
Villareal bought for 6M​
United 40M​

Lindelof
Benfica bought for 3M​
United 35M at least​

Herrera
Bilbao payed 7.5M​
United 35M​

Mkhytaryan
Dortmund payed 22M​
United 42M​

Martial
Monaco payed 5M​
United 50-80M​

Pogba
Juventus signed him for free from United​
United 100M+​

Now Morata for 75M?

Where is your scouting system seriously? Some players were also very high rated before they made a step to the clubs where United buys them from. Bailly, Mkhytaryan had also big name by Espanyol and Shaktar. They don't know that they are doing. No problem for me tho, hope tha clubs fails and get 1002i342904234902 million debt.
This absolutely doesn't make sense. No big club actually has the leeway to risk signing, much less playing, unknown prospects just to save a few quid. Real Madrid just paid 35m for a Brazilian kid with a handful of games in Brazil - and they still let him stay at Brazil. Even Bayern couldn't give Hummels, their own youth player, a break so they were forced to buy him back after a few years. This isn't just a United phenomenon, it's a football wide phenomenon now.

Take Bailly for instance. Yes, we could afford to fork out the 6m Villareal signed him for, but will he actually get playing time for us at that stage of his career? Loans aren't a good option too as they fail (in the sense that the player doesn't get enough playing time/player thriving but not in the same system as ours) more often than not.

You also fail to consider that player improve. The 2010 Ander Herrera Bilbao got wasn't the same as the 2015 Herrera we signed.

If we overspend, what do you call the 130m City spent for Otemendi, Mangala and Stones? Or literally any Barca buy in the last 8 years outside of Masche, Neymar and Suarez? Like I already stated, more power to you, BVB and Bayern for building teams without going over the odds, but you are the exception. The norm nowadays is for talent to be polished in clubs like Everton or Valencia before the really big clubs poach them away.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all yes you can negotiate on a price even when the player has a release clause. Infact Juve is doing just that at the moment in the N'Zonzi negotiations. Release clause means you don't have to negotiate with the selling club at all.
You pay the RC if you don't want to negotiate with the selling club or if the parent club doesn't want to 'sell'. Like in the case of Herera, we had no choice. Sevilla I guess bends over faster and better in negotiations, I honestly can't recall a similar thing ever happening :lol:

Mata didn't come to ManU straight from his player of the season years infact he was a bench player for Chelsea (under Mou) and they happily got rid as they had no more use for him.
False. He was Chelsea's POTY from 2011-2012 and 2012-2013. We had him by January 2014.

Di Maria never wanted to come to United as he prefered PSG as a destination. United got him because PSG wasn't willing to pay as much as United did (that should tell you something).
It's true that he didn't want to come, but that doesn't mean that our fee was unjustified. Like I said, he was a monster, arguable RM's MVP, during the second half of their Decima season. Had a great world cup too. Was in his prime. We had no choice.

Shaw was a teenager who had one good season under his belt. Huge risk in signing such players but atleast there's the fact that he's English which in part explains the pricing.
He was widely rated around the league and was already off to Chelsea at 27m I believe until we hijacked the deal. It's not like we threw money at him for no reason.

Martial isn't France's future. Both him and Depay were very risky signigns that you overpaid for at the time. Martial might still turn out good but he was nowhere worth what you paid for him at the time nor is he now.
Right now? I'd say Mbappe and Dembele surpassed him. But as early as 17, Martial was hyped as the future. Chelsea, RM and PSG were also monitoring him. Again, it's not like we threw money at him for no reason.

Depay had already carried his team to a league title, not sure how that's risky at all. He had already proven a lot before joining us, but some things just don't work out.

The price paid for Morgan "better than Vidal" Schneiderlin is just ridiculous.
Not sure if you've read this but yeah, already said we did overpay for him.

Jun 6, 2015
I might not have been clear enough, mate. By 'midfield', I was referring to our entire CM in general. We only had a truly great midfield in 94, but that doesn't mean I don't rate Scholes. In fact, in all the years I've watched United, the only player I rate more than him is Keane.

In Scholes' prime from 06-11, we didn't really have a great midfield. He was class, don't get me wrong, but surrounding him were Carrick (good, but not elite), Giggs, and when healthy, Hargreaves and Fletcher. On the flip side, we always had (until 2012ish) great wingers. That's what I meant. I wouldn't dare criticize Scholes.

- - - Updated - - -

This absolutely doesn't make sense. No big club actually has the leeway to risk signing, much less playing, unknown prospects just to save a few quid. Real Madrid just paid 35m for a Brazilian kid with a handful of games in Brazil - and they still let him stay at Brazil. Even Bayern couldn't give Hummels, their own youth player, a break so they were forced to buy him back after a few years. This isn't just a United phenomenon, it's a football wide phenomenon now.

Take Bailly for instance. Yes, we could afford to fork out the 6m Villareal signed him for, but will he actually get playing time for us at that stage of his career? Loans aren't a good option too as they fail (in the sense that the player doesn't get enough playing time/player thriving but not in the same system as ours) more often than not.

You also fail to consider that player improve. The 2010 Ander Herrera Bilbao got wasn't the same as the 2015 Herrera we signed.

If we overspend, what do you call the 130m City spent for Otemendi, Mangala and Stones? Or literally any Barca buy in the last 8 years outside of Masche, Neymar and Suarez? Like I already stated, more power to you, BVB and Bayern for building teams without going over the odds, but you are the exception. The norm nowadays is for talent to be polished in clubs like Everton or Valencia before the really big clubs poach them away.

- - - Updated - - -

You pay the RC if you don't want to negotiate with the selling club or if the parent club doesn't want to 'sell'. Like in the case of Herera, we had no choice. Sevilla I guess bends over faster and better in negotiations, I honestly can't recall a similar thing ever happening :lol:

False. He was Chelsea's POTY from 2011-2012 and 2012-2013. We had him by January 2014.

It's true that he didn't want to come, but that doesn't mean that our fee was unjustified. Like I said, he was a monster, arguable RM's MVP, during the second half of their Decima season. Had a great world cup too. Was in his prime. We had no choice.

He was widely rated around the league and was already off to Chelsea at 27m I believe until we hijacked the deal. It's not like we threw money at him for no reason.

Right now? I'd say Mbappe and Dembele surpassed him. But as early as 17, Martial was hyped as the future. Chelsea, RM and PSG were also monitoring him. Again, it's not like we threw money at him for no reason.

Depay had already carried his team to a league title, not sure how that's risky at all. He had already proven a lot before joining us, but some things just don't work out.

Not sure if you've read this but yeah, already said we did overpay for him.
Sorry but you are completely delusional in your justifications. You try to condition the reality to your liking.

There are countless of players with release clauses that have gone for less. In Spain the release clause is usually unrealistically high so that only a stupid team would pay it (in the case of Herrera it was about fair imo).

Mata was shit for Chelsea before he was moved to ManU. He couldn't get games under Mou and mostly spent his time on the bench. Jose multiple times criticized Mata's effort and work-rate. Chelsea wouldn't have sold him to an inferior team if he still was important to them but he just wasn't and that is a fact, not some false reality you try to build yourself in order to feel better about your teams huge shortcomings in the last couple of years.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
United is a big and rich team.

Say what you wanna say about them but they won't stay down for long. Throwing money at the problem often works in football.
EPL is the biggest example thats not the case.

They rose when they had a great generation of key players and smart coaches. They got sickeningly rich in the aftermath, but went downhill faster than Comey.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
EPL is the biggest example thats not the case.

They rose when they had a great generation of key players and smart coaches. They got sickeningly rich in the aftermath, but went downhill faster than Comey.
As long as clubs have money, they'll stand a chance to get back into Europe's elite.

Just look at Milan and Inter. They're a fucking joke. I'm sure things would be different if they had Manure's financial power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)