Alvaro Morata (29 Viewers)

want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Yes space as well as physicality.

He needs to learn to play with his back to goal well.He can become more complete in that sense rather than just being a counter attacking merchant.
He's great with his back to the goal, dolminated Benatia last night. He controls every ball and lay it off to his teammtes. Agree that he should improve his physicality. But it's clear that we are better team with him even if he's not scoring.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
He's great with his back to the goal, dolminated Benatia last night. He controls every ball and lay it off to his teammtes. Agree that he should improve his physicality. But it's clear that we are better team with him even if he's not scoring.
Agree that we play much better football with him on the pitch and we are also more dangerous as a result

I just hope he has his scoring boots on.He should be putting of the easy chances he gets.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Agree that we play much better football with him on the pitch and we are also more dangerous as a result

I just hope he has his scoring boots on.He should be putting of the easy chances he gets.
Some players are born finishers ( Trezeguet, Batistuta....) and some players gets players with time ex Zlatan..
He just need to keep on playing, the goal scoring instincts will get better with time, hopefully we will be able to keep him this summer.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Need to start reguraly, modern forwards is the way to go, not someone like Mandzukic who only relies on the service he gets.
Dybala, Morata, Pogba, Sandro and Berardi hopefully, the future is bright :D
:tup:

Its all about modern forwards and players skilled enought to open spaces for those forwards.
We are proud of our cohesion and defence, but its a fact that we also lack gunpower to overcome this kind of difficulties. We rely on our defensive play because sadly is what we can do with the lack of monmey to buy more offensive minded players. but this need to change, starting with letting Morata and players like Coman play.

Every striker have a rough period where he doesn't score, we need to trust him and develop him, how long has it been since Mandzukic last scored ?
I see people raving about Mandzukic defensive contribution everytime he doesn't score, but he is a striker not freaking defender, yesterday the fact that he stayed back $#@!ed us and allowed bayern to stay in our half. The days where strikers are only good at one thing are long behind, modern forwards are the way to go and Morata has the potential to be one of the best.
Im tired to be honest. I have to agree that Mandzukic is a hell of a presser for being a forward... but if he does this so good.. it would be simply better to turn him into a DM and just let it go. He needs to score and i prefer 10 of 10 times to develop a player like morata instead of letting him rot on the bench. Yes, im aware he have had a so so season, but fuk that..let him get the hang of things with minutes. mandz will be gone in a couple seasons,,, and then what? morata will be on for much longer time and witha more promising style of football. I would bet on morata for the future, but our future is now with him.

He still struggles to handle the physicality of Serie A.He enjoys playing in European games because it's more open.
I just think he needs to toughen up a bit.He needs to get used to the physicality of the league.League games is yout bread and butter and unless you are not scoring regularly in the league, there will always be this inconsistency around him.
Not to mention finishing is his weak point atm so there are things he needs to improve on.
I do hope he's given enough chances though.
Then let him get the gang of things in the league too. Let him overcome those difficulties and score. Thats what top players do. Tevez ahd no issues in ripping serie A apart. Players like Messi and cristiano would score plenty of goals against the chievos and the bus parkers. Serie A is a league where all teams park the bus, yeah thats clear, but Morat needs to know how to handle this and we need to prvide him with players who can help him overcome this kind of games.
Teams like bayern press this bus parkers to oblivion until the goals start leaking in...but for that you need the manpwoer needed for such task. We need to aim to get those.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
That run and then Cuadrado's goal was the best thing I have seen from Juve since Del Piero's scissor kick assist to Trezeguet vs Milan.

This guy just turns to beast mode in CL.

Attacking players matter the most in CL, teams don't give a shit how good your defense is, they will manage to score anyway.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Morata has the potential to be a beast of a striker, he just has to improve his finishing and with confidence, experience and practice he will get there.

He should be given more chances, hopefully he gets confidence.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That run and then Cuadrado's goal was the best thing I have seen from Juve since Del Piero's scissor kick assist to Trezeguet vs Milan.

This guy just turns to beast mode in CL.

Attacking players matter the most in CL, teams don't give a $#@! how good your defense is, they will manage to score anyway.
Exactly. Grinding is all good and very juventus... but against top offensive nowadays, the pressure it puts on the whole teams is a key factor in high tier do or die games.
We need to be able to be a treat the whole game with our starters and then with peeps coming from the bench. We lacked yesterday and it doomed us.

We gone talk about that chance he put over the crossbar from less than a yard out? or nah? :numnum:
It was deflected by the defender and ended in a corner. Otherwise was a clear goal.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We gone talk about that chance he put over the crossbar from less than a yard out? or nah? :numnum:
He didnt shoot over the cross bar, a defender blocked it, Alaba, that deflection defending is the only good thing Alaba did all game, who had one of the worst performances I seen a defender have in long time.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
The fact that we played with actual wingers last night might have also contributed to his good performance, Sandro and Cuadrado stretched Bayern out. He looks lost when he doesn't get proper support, especially against defensive teams.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
See how good of a player he is when the team play's to his strength's? The big fucking problem is him and Dybala dont fit in a system together. Another retarded move from the management.

Put runners around him like Tevez or Cuadrado and he shines. He has great potential and if he improves his finishing he will be world class.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
See how good of a player he is when the team play's to his strength's? The big $#@!ing problem is him and Dybala dont fit in a system together. Another retarded move from the management.

Put runners around him like Tevez or Cuadrado and he shines. He has great potential and if he improves his finishing he will be world class.
Yup.

Thats why i think that if we buy berardi for next season (which IMO is a must whatever the outcome)...we need to have a dybala-less formation and this 433 is the optimal for me.

We can use our 4312 with morata-Dybala upfront as our standard... but a 433 variation with Berardi on the right could be a second option. if we are not able to get an AM, then use Berardi there and see how it goes or use him as dybala´s sub when using 4312...and bench dybala when he needs rest for the 433.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Hopefully Beppe has contacted Madrid, and tried to buy-out the buy-back.

I wonder how much it would cost? Another 10M?

Need to find a way to keep him!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, we would have to negotiate with them first, and who knows what price they will add to his head. Because theres a clause that should be eliminated somehow ($$$)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)