want him back again for cheap?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
lets stay as we are then. forever kings in serie a
That was a reply to bigbang. We certainly need to get stronger no doubt. Morata needs to sort himself out. What he misses most is Tevez and the fact that our forwards do not stretch defences creating space for him to ran.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Was his finishing that bad tonight? He had 3 good chances to score I think.

First one he scored a gorgeous lob of the keeper, but disallowed because of an absolutely bullshit offside call.

2nd one was a terrible finish that he basically rolled straight at the keeper... Funny part is it was probably his easiest chance of the night.

3rd one he dribbled a Bayern player in the box and cut across Alaba who managed to deflect his shot over... Can't really chalk that up to bad finishing.

So, 1 of 3 was really bad... He scored 1. And a defender made a nice block/deflection of the 3rd. Even his finishing was decent tonight if not for a shit linesman. :D
I'm the resulting corner from the Alaba deflection, he headed right to Neuer from a free header. At least I think it was him.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Massive game from Alvaro, his best all season. Lead the line like a fucking boss, had their defenders shook every time he ran at them. This is the Morata we want to see every week, when he is in this form he shows himself to be a cracking player. Had a perfectly legit goal ruled out (nice finish too) and that run for the second goal :tuttosport:

I think he'll stick around with us. He knows he has it made here.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
icemaη;5221063 said:
I'm the resulting corner from the Alaba deflection, he headed right to Neuer from a free header. At least I think it was him.
Yeah, that was him. His finishing was still okay though. Not spectacular, but certainly not bad either.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Need to start reguraly, modern forwards is the way to go, not someone like Mandzukic who only relies on the service he gets.
Dybala, Morata, Pogba, Sandro and Berardi hopefully, the future is bright :D

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah, that was him. His finishing was still okay though. Not spectacular, but certainly not bad either.
But that was what made the difference in the end. Put in Lewandowski or Müller in those type of situations and it's a goal 9/10.

His finishing was easily the worst part of his performance yesterday, by a margin. Mostly because he excelled at virtually everything else, but still.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Need to start reguraly, modern forwards is the way to go, not someone like Mandzukic who only relies on the service he gets.
Dybala, Morata, Pogba, Sandro and Berardi hopefully, the future is bright :D
He needs to score consistently to have a top level career.He still misses too many chances.
I've always preferred him over Mandzukic.An in form Morata would bench Mandzukic easily.
Like I said, goals behind his back and he would be a regular starter.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
He needs to score consistently to have a top level career.He still misses too many chances.
I've always preferred him over Mandzukic.An in form Morata would bench Mandzukic easily.
Like I said, goals behind his back and he would be a regular starter.
Every striker have a rough period where he doesn't score, we need to trust him and develop him, how long has it been since Mandzukic last scored ?
I see people raving about Mandzukic defensive contribution everytime he doesn't score, but he is a striker not freaking defender, yesterday the fact that he stayed back fucked us and allowed bayern to stay in our half. The days where strikers are only good at one thing are long behind, modern forwards are the way to go and Morata has the potential to be one of the best.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
But that was what made the difference in the end. Put in Lewandowski or Müller in those type of situations and it's a goal 9/10.

His finishing was easily the worst part of his performance yesterday, by a margin. Mostly because he excelled at virtually everything else, but still.

I agree that if he had finished better we'd still be in it. But I'm not going to criticise any aspect of Morata after yesterday :D.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Every striker have a rough period where he doesn't score, we need to trust him and develop him, how long has it been since Mandzukic last scored ?
I see people raving about Mandzukic defensive contribution everytime he doesn't score, but he is a striker not freaking defender, yesterday the fact that he stayed back fucked us and allowed bayern to stay in our half. The days where strikers are only good at one thing are long behind, modern forwards are the way to go and Morata has the potential to be one of the best.
He still struggles to handle the physicality of Serie A.He enjoys playing in European games because it's more open.
I just think he needs to toughen up a bit.He needs to get used to the physicality of the league.League games is yout bread and butter and unless you are not scoring regularly in the league, there will always be this inconsistency around him.
Not to mention finishing is his weak point atm so there are things he needs to improve on.
I do hope he's given enough chances though.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I wouldn't either if it hadn't been a consistent issue with him this season :D

Licht messed up a huge chance too of course, but he's a rightback so it's kinda expected.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
He still struggles to handle the physicality of Serie A.He enjoys playing in European games because it's more open.
I just think he needs to toughen up a bit.He needs to get used to the physicality of the league.League games is yout bread and butter and unless you are not scoring regularly in the league, there will always be this inconsistency around him.
Not to mention finishing is his weak point atm so there are things he needs to improve on.
I do hope he's given enough chances though.
What kind of physicality do you mean? Fouls? If yes, maybe, but I wouldn't say that Serie A is more demanding than Europe in terms of stamina required.

I think the problem is much more a question of space than physicality in any case though, yesterday was a prime example of what he can do with lots of space in front of him, something he simply doesn't get in our Serie A matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 95)