Alvaro Morata (82 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
What I love is the 'He hasn't scored in 2 consecutive starts' argument as if that's some sort of reason for why we should replace him with a player who went god knows how many consecutive games without scoring at the start of the season

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
your beginning was more convincing than your ending
I noticed it with his body language, how he gets angry at himself very quickly at every mistake he makes, on the other hand you can see him past 2-3 players with beautiful moves..

I believe in his talent, but he is too emotional, I don't know how or when he will overcome these and be confident about himself.. At Juve or somewhere else, he will shine, just like he did at the start of the season, before getting benched forever..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't know, otherwise I wouldn't have asked. I saw Snoop is from 2001 that's what got me wondering.
little remembered fact: I launched the forum on Dec 31, 2000 around noon

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed it with his body language, how he gets angry at himself very quickly at every mistake he makes, on the other hand you can see him past 2-3 players with beautiful moves..

I believe in his talent, but he is too emotional, I don't know how or when he will overcome these and be confident about himself.. At Juve or somewhere else, he will shine, just like he did at the start of the season, before getting benched forever..
that's always the downfall of talented players. they don't have that Ibra self confidence

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I don't know, otherwise I wouldn't have asked. I saw Snoop is from 2001 that's what got me wondering.
I doubt anyone joined at 2000, but my join date is earlier than October 2001! There were some problems/crash with the site, so everyone had to create username again..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I doubt anyone joined at 2000, but my join date is earlier than October 2001! There were some problems/crash with the site, so everyone had to create username again..
yes, that's the mark of stable software. you lose all your data and you have to start over several times

in those days I didn't even have any programming skills to salvage the old posts, which would have been really easy

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
You were dressed like a pimp then, purple suit, orange tie, waiting for customers :D

I always tell you, the forum then were the best days for me, maybe because I am a commie, and I love dictators like you <3

that's always the downfall of talented players. they don't have that Ibra self confidence
He is too young thou, shy guy.. Sometimes he reminds me Krasic, hopefully with a different future lol.. Can't convince you anymore after this comparison I guess :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
You were dressed like a pimp then, purple suit, orange tie, waiting for customers :D

I always tell you, the forum then were the best days for me, maybe because I am a commie, and I love dictators like you <3
I'm a pretty big control freak, the forum was the perfect place to let my OCE run wild

He is too young thou, shy guy.. Sometimes he reminds me Krasic, hopefully with a different future lol.. Can't convince you anymore after this comparison I guess :D
tell me the last talented player who blossomed at this club

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
yes, that's the mark of stable software. you lose all your data and you have to start over several times

in those days I didn't even have any programming skills to salvage the old posts, which would have been really easy
That must be the fatalest error ever by the great Matusiak

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I liked Morata yesterday, he wasn't as flashy as previous games but tactically he was better, particularly in the first half.

His passing and decision making was terrible at times though. At the start of the season he wouldn't pass the ball, yesterday he was passing instead of shooting in good positions. He has obviously been told to pass more but he should have more awareness when to do so, hopefully that will come with playing more.

He still ended up drifting out too wide for someone who is playing as our main forward, although this seemed to happen later on in the second half.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think that Morata is the sub that played more this year since we switched to the 4 man defense (before Pereyra played a lot in 3-5-2 cause we had Pirlo and Vidal injured) and the dude started very important matches including both legs against Olympiakos and the match against Samp, showing that Allegri reckons his qualities and has faith in him. Today he got 180 mins in a row, something probably not even Llorente pulled off (cause he, infact, is ALWAYS subbed for Morata) and wasn't abe to threaten Verona if not for the penalty that he didn't even earn. I like Morata, the problem is that people here are treating him like a messiah compared to Llorente while he isn't, honestly. I can very well accept how Morata's playing style might be more likable than Llorente's (I agree on that too), but let's be objective when judging performances, cause if Llorente played like Morata today he'd be crucified, although this wasn't a terrible match. ;) Morata took wrong too many matches as a starter to think it is random, perhaps he needs just more time and to be less nervous on the pitch.
Llorente played like Morata did yesterday, I would be overjoyed. He assisted one goal, his deflected cross created the other goal. He made several nice passes that set up other chances, he held the ball up well when asked, plus won the ball back in the attacking half more than once. His pace also allowed us to counter effectively.

Llorente can't pass, doesn't create chances for others, his hold up play has been terrible this year, and he never wins the ball back. He fouls defenders quite frequently with his clumsy attempts to get the ball back after he gives it away.

Morata wasn't brilliant, but he was good, better than Llorente has been in 95% of his matches this year. As soon as Morata gets his finishing down, he will be a very good striker.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I didn't know it was launched with 12 hours remaining in the year but "technically" the forum could have had members signed up before the end of the month and it still say 2000.

Which is precisely why I asked. So did you just talk to yourself until people joined? :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I didn't know it was launched with 12 hours remaining in the year but "technically" the forum could have had members signed up before the end of the month and it still say 2000.

Which is precisely why I asked. So did you just talk to yourself until people joined? :D
well, generally when you start a website there's only one person who knows about it at first, isn't there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)