Alvaro Morata (32 Viewers)

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
I'll just say that if Llorente was the one to make that cross for Tevez and waste that ENORMOUS chance, everybody here would be mad at him. :lol:

I still stand by the opinion that he's not ready yet to be an indisputed starter. The kid still lacks sharpness, and even focus in the same different moments from the match. Llorente is limited but doesn't make big bullshits when he gets the ball, even if he tends to pass it too much. But if against a terrible defense like this Verona Morata gets 0 goal on an action out of 180 minutes, being less threatening than grandpa Simone Pepe, there's a reason. I think he'll be great in the future but still lacks something.

Jul 20, 2012
I'll just say that if Llorente was the one to make that cross for Tevez and waste that ENORMOUS chance, everybody here would be mad at him. :lol:

I still stand by the opinion that he's not ready yet to be an indisputed starter. The kid still lacks sharpness, and even focus in the same different moments from the match. Llorente is limited but doesn't make big bullshits when he gets the ball, even if he tends to pass it too much. But if against a terrible defense like this Verona Morata gets 0 goal on an action out of 180 minutes, being less threatening than grandpa Simone Pepe, there's a reason. I think he'll be great in the future but still lacks something.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

I still stand by the opinion that he's not ready yet to be an indisputed starter. The kid still lacks sharpness, and even focus in the same different moments from the match. Llorente is limited but doesn't make big bullshits when he gets the ball, even if he tends to pass it too much. But if against a terrible defense like this Verona Morata gets 0 goal on an action out of 180 minutes, being less threatening than grandpa Simone Pepe, there's a reason. I think he'll be great in the future but lacks something let.
Yes but at the same time he created that chance completely by himself (if I remember correctly). He has things Llorente simply does not have in terms of pace and skill. Right now he is having mental breakdowns in scoring situations. He simply is making the wrong choice too consistently but this sort of thing can be remedied with experience.

Last game he probably felt he took a couple inappropriate shots on goal so tonight he was looking to pass. He made that pass to Tevez and realized that was really dumb so the next time he had a good chance he took a bad shot instead of feeding Caceres on the outside.

He's just going back and forth in his head right now I think. He strikes me as a very humble player who is trying to make an impression but at the same time trying to fit in. He just needs experience and continuity with the team.

Jul 20, 2012
Yeah "arguments not found yet, so I'll just post a gif" kind of guy.

Perhaps you even think you owned me with this great post... KUTGW. :tup:

:lol: :sergio:
@Hustini I've found Badass Jr

Morata clearly offers alot more than Llorente. Morata hasn't been given a run of games so how is that you can justify that Llorente offers more? Morata's game is based on creating space for himself and running into that space. Llorente is a target man and lately he is failing to do his main job as one

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
Yes but at the same time he created that chance completely by himself (if I remember correctly). He has things Llorente simply does not have in terms of pace and skill. Right now he is having mental breakdowns in scoring situations. He simply is making the wrong choice too consistently but this sort of thing can be remedied with experience.

Last game he probably felt he took a couple inappropriate shots on goal so tonight he was looking to pass. He made that pass to Tevez and realized that was really dumb so the next time he had a good chance he took a bad shot instead of feeding Caceres on the outside.

He's just going back and forth in his head right now I think.
Look just at this, I gave a shot at the live thread and I've seen people praising him for the "2 assists in 7 mins". :lol: One is a simple 5m pass in the midfield any human being could do, the other a bad cross deflected that ends up to Tevez thanks to Pogba. Then a pair of nice controls, 2 shots blasted wide and a lot of tension and inaccuracy today. The guy has speed and quality but (still) can't use them properly, that's why he won't be a starter this season and Allegri knows it.

And I don't like Llorente for his playing style but he has his qualities and surely against this Verona defense in 180 mins he'd have bagged at least one goal.

edit:. Just finished to read your post (too tired today and shit), his "mental breakdowns" as you call them are more than a good reason to don't be a starter. When he'll have more self-confidence and will be calmer in the pitch, as well as more mature, he'll be surely a better choice than Llorente, but qualities alone are not everything in football, otherwise Adriano would have won the Ballon d'Or.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

he needs playing time to get into shape and gain sharpness. you cant expect a young 22 year old striker who barely plays to make an impact wheneverhe gets a chance. sure, Morata so far hasnt shown much, but he didnt even get enough chance to do so, atleast not as much as Nando. and Llorente this season really is bad, he contributes very little to he overall game, while Morata never earned a chance to start a few games in a row which is very important to gain matchfitness and gain form. if you think Llorente deserves to start more this season then you havent watched him play. whenever he plays i have a feeling we are a man down, the guy literally does NOTHING

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
he needs playing time to get into shape and gain sharpness. you cant expect a young 22 year old striker who barely plays to make an impact wheneverhe gets a chance. sure, Morata so far hasnt shown much, but he didnt even get enough chance to do so, atleast not as much as Nando. and Llorente this season really is bad, he contributes very little to he overall game, while Morata never earned a chance to start a few games in a row which is very important to gain matchfitness and gain form. if you think Llorente deserves to start more this season then you havent watched him play. whenever he plays i have a feeling we are a man down, the guy literally does NOTHING
I think that Morata is the sub that played more this year since we switched to the 4 man defense (before Pereyra played a lot in 3-5-2 cause we had Pirlo and Vidal injured) and the dude started very important matches including both legs against Olympiakos and the match against Samp, showing that Allegri reckons his qualities and has faith in him. Today he got 180 mins in a row, something probably not even Llorente pulled off (cause he, infact, is ALWAYS subbed for Morata) and wasn't abe to threaten Verona if not for the penalty that he didn't even earn. I like Morata, the problem is that people here are treating him like a messiah compared to Llorente while he isn't, honestly. I can very well accept how Morata's playing style might be more likable than Llorente's (I agree on that too), but let's be objective when judging performances, cause if Llorente played like Morata today he'd be crucified, although this wasn't a terrible match. ;) Morata took wrong too many matches as a starter to think it is random, perhaps he needs just more time and to be less nervous on the pitch.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I think that Morata is the sub that played more this year since we switched to the 4 man defense (before Pereyra played a lot in 3-5-2 cause we had Pirlo and Vidal injured) and the dude started very important matches including both legs against Olympiakos and the match against Samp, showing that Allegri reckons his qualities and has faith in him. Today he got 180 mins in a row, something probably not even Llorente pulled off (cause he, infact, is ALWAYS subbed for Morata) and wasn't abe to threaten Verona if not for the penalty that he didn't even earn. I like Morata, the problem is that people here are treating him like a messiah compared to Llorente while he isn't, honestly. I can very well accept how Morata's playing style might be more likable than Llorente's (I agree on that too), but let's be objective when judging performances, cause if Llorente played like Morata today he'd be crucified, although this wasn't a terrible match. ;) Morata took wrong too many matches as a starter to think it is random, perhaps he needs just more time and to be less nervous on the pitch.
You are right morata is no messiah, I think his decision making will improve with more minutes as he builds a better chemistry with the players around him you're right, the thing that has impressed me with morata the most even at madrid was how he is able to create space for himself and others around him. He may be no messiah but I think soon enough he will be integral to our starting 11 or at least I hope so

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Showed good signs. He's good on the ball and is always looking to do something with possession without seeming panicked. His technique is sharp too. Decision making wasall over the place today but that will improve with time.

In other words he has potential. And I'm excited to see him develop!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)